ADVERTISEMENT

Let's never again wonder why they hate us.

You need to come out of the basement then. I've been to many away games and have had great interactions with opposing fans, but just about all of them tell me that I am different than the rest of the "rednecks" that generally represent us. What opposing fans have you actually interacted with?

F.O.S.

itg_zpslaz0v5lt.gif

very funny, sarcastic response from BBB in 3....2....1...
I am old enough to realize you can't win a pissing contest. When you get into this type of discussion you can't win. It is like arguing with a 4 year old. You can't win. You just have to spank their ass and put them to bed when you disagree. Unfortunately, I can't spank anyone's ass on here. I can just point out that most of you have bad grammar, can't spell, and embarrass our university, that I'm sure most of you didn't graduate from. So, my tired old ass is going to bed. Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow and you all won't be on Good Morning America embarrassing us all like you'd like to be.

I am old enough to realize you can't win a pissing contest. When you get into this type of discussion you can't win. It is like arguing with a 4 year old. You can't win. You just have to spank their ass and put them to bed when you disagree. Unfortunately, I can't spank anyone's ass on here. I can just point out that most of you have bad grammar, can't spell, and embarrass our university, that I'm sure most of you didn't graduate from. So, my tired old ass is going to bed. Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow and you all won't be on Good Morning America embarrassing us all like you'd like to be.

Maybe you can spank yourself, if you can find it.

As a non-UK fan who reads this and many many college basketball boards(and i am talking MANY) I have never read a game thread on any other board where there were posts wishing death via cancer, fire, hit by a bus, death or injury to their family members. I read at least 30 posts on the NC game thread on here advocating violence or wishing death to opposing players or referees. Then the whole posting of Higgins business phone number and also his home address and phone number. Classless.

That is the reason I root against UK basketball. That along with unbelievable smugness and belittling of any college program not UK. This whole "they hate us because they aint us" does not apply to me as far as UK. If that was the case I would dislike Duke, UCLA, Louisville, UNC, Kansas. I am a passionate college bball fan, but many UK fans seem to cross the line from passion to insanity. I respect and like Calipari as a coach and person. His podcasts are pretty cool. 99% of UK players are very likeable and display tremendous sportsmanship.

I'm not going to defend UK fans acting like idiots or partake in helping to harass Higgins or his business, but I'm also not going to defend someone that IMO is a corrupt official and helped to steal that game from a group of good kids in the first half.

Other fanbases hate our program because we're a rival and a threat to them on the court, in recruiting, and in the history books. They hate us as fans because we're vocal, not willing to take a back seat, and unapologetically support our program, our players, and our coach. Sure they'll use the segment of fans harassing the ref to justify their hatred of our program, but deep down you and I both know that isn't the main cause.

And by the way, I'll never apologize for and quit being proud to be a Kentucky fan just because of something a portion of our fans did that I took no part in. That's on the people that did that, not the rest of us. And I will never feel guilty for wanting to land the very best players in the country and bury each of our opponents 6 feet deep in games. Anyone who doesn't feel the same, maybe this just isn't for you. Sorry, not sorry.

As a non-UK fan who reads this and many many college basketball boards(and i am talking MANY) I have never read a game thread on any other board where there were posts wishing death via cancer, fire, hit by a bus, death or injury to their family members. I read at least 30 posts on the NC game thread on here advocating violence or wishing death to opposing players or referees. Then the whole posting of Higgins business phone number and also his home address and phone number. Classless.

That is the reason I root against UK basketball. That along with unbelievable smugness and belittling of any college program not UK. This whole "they hate us because they aint us" does not apply to me as far as UK. If that was the case I would dislike Duke, UCLA, Louisville, UNC, Kansas. I am a passionate college bball fan, but many UK fans seem to cross the line from passion to insanity. I respect and like Calipari as a coach and person. His podcasts are pretty cool. 99% of UK players are very likeable and display tremendous sportsmanship.

And sanctimonious posts like this are the reason I'll never apologize for being a UK fan.

Honestly, it does look fu%$ing pathetic. It's embarrassing.

We make fun of Louisville for whining about the refs. Then we take it to the extreme and harass the refs. We get the FBI involved?? We make national headlines.

I used to think people were idiots for saying "You know how UK fans are." But, they've got fuel for that fire for the next ten years.

Reactions: Anthony B

forest-gump-look-ehhh-ehhh-ehhh-your-momma-sure-does-care-about-your-education-son.jpg

And 99% of UK fans are good people. If you solely use an internet message board to judge a whole fanbase, you're not going to get a fair sampling.

Reactions: struggler and UKEE
You need to come out of the basement then. I've been to many away games and have had great interactions with opposing fans, but just about all of them tell me that I am different than the rest of the "rednecks" that generally represent us. What opposing fans have you actually interacted with?
Oh, well none genius. You are always so arrogant and condescending it's sickening.

I Don't doubt that 99% are good people. Just not so sure 99% are good fans. At least not what my criteria for a "good" fan is.

I am a two time graduate from UK and would like to see my alma mater represented to everyone in a good way at all times. I agree the officiating was atrocious for whatever reasons and action should be taken to address this issue. However, attacking and threatening Higgin's business is not Acceptable.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
And 99% of UK fans are good people. If you solely use an internet message board to judge a whole fanbase, you're not going to get a fair sampling.

You have to understand. One message board post went viral on deadspin. This is literally how the world is going to judge us. While I don't have any issues with the poster that posted it, I hate that the whole world is gawking at it.

That is because the fan base is largely made up of great people and passionate basketball fans.
But as a group... it can sometimes look like a collection of loons.
Have you read the threads? In the thread below we have a 79-year-old man threatening to "F-" another poster! Lmao!
Two others are endlessly debating the meaning of "accountability".
And the FBI is apparently answering the phone at Higgins office.

Are you a Higgin's relative, Ashley Judd. or just another self-appointed "righteous conscious for the ignorant masses" ?

Bad take..bad thread. We've been labeled racists since the Rupp days. And then labeled horrible fans because of the Tubby situation. UK players are labeled as just OADs that don't give a damn about UK and only care about money/the NBA..even by some of our own fans. Coach Cal has been labeled an overrated Coach who can't win without a super team and a cheater and dirty recruiter. So who gives a flying **** if the World piles on more bullshit because we trashed a corrupt, cheating ref ? I don't care one bit what they think.

serious question. Why in the world do you think anyone on this board, or any UK fan anywhere, would care even one iota about "the reason" you root against UK basketball?

I'm not going to rehash the debate of whether or not the actions of some fans are approprate.
But I will say this: let's never again wonder why other fan bases hate uk or why other sec school's root against the cats.

Whether you agree with this lunacy or not.... it is indisputably divisive.

I know the answer: "who gives a **** what other fans think" is coming.
Fine. But again... let's not question why Kentucky is sometimes on an island of absolute disdain.
You are right. No one should every say anything when they are wronged. That goes for real life also. Keep quiet and take it people!!!!

Reactions: Montana81
They sure didn't hate us as much when we had Billy g..or tubby..hmmm wonder why they do now?

They've hated UK since the days of Adolph Rupp. They may have liked Billy G, just like we loved Crean at IU, but still hated the program. (And for the record, when Smith was the coach, UK had a winning record against every other SEC program and won as many SEC Championships and SEC Tournaments as all other SEC teams put together)

serious question. Why in the world do you think anyone on this board, or any UK fan anywhere, would care even one iota about "the reason" you root against UK basketball?

I'm not sure.... but plenty of people care. There were a bunch of recent posts on the sec thread griping about how the other schools don't root for uk in the tourney.

Reactions: Deli owl
The problem with thinking that he's just inept and not bias is the fact that refs get rated and they get the big games according to their ratings. The fact that this guy has been able to do several big profile games would suggest that he's actually rated quite highly. That to be makes the bias story against Cal/UK more likely. The fact that in his other games he's reffed by all accounts he's been good (at least according to whoever rates these guys).

http://kenpom.com/blog/roger-ayers-is-the-best-ref/

Although there's flaws in this study that the author points out obviously, not surprisingly John Higgins was 4th last season and 3rd this season as far as reffing big games goes.

This guy seems to be perfectly capable at reffing a game which makes it more likely he's bias against Cal/UK

Maybe.

Or they could think the fanbase is nuts. I have had plenty of people say to me... "I like the team" or "the kids" or certain players.... "but i can't stand the fans".
Means absolutely nothing. Every UK fan I know that lives in Jeff Co says the same thing about UofL when talking to UofL fans. Then, invariably, they add "but you're cool, you're not like those other fans".

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
And I doubt you are a true human being. True human beings possess a quality called empathy, which would likely manifest as it relates to the guys wife, kids or employees.
Take a hike you troll

Go away and take tghe op with you .

I dont have any earthly idea how any UK fan regardless of age could feel one bit sorry for this Higgins idiot who has more likely than not cost us a title or 2. WHO CARES ABOUT HIS LITTLE FEELINGS?!?!?! HE DIDNT CARE ABOUT OUR PLAYERS FEELINGS WHEN HE COST THEM THE GAME! If our fans hadnt done what is happening now it would have been a non story and nobody would be talking about it but us on this message board. IT DESERVES TO BE TALKED ABOUT BECAUSE IT WAS THAT BAD!

First, Higgins isn't the story now it's the lunatic KY fans who are actively doing harm to his business. Like it or not, that's the national story. Our fans have taken a beef about a college basketball game and used that as justification to ruin someone's livelihood. The fact that many in this thread can't see that this reaction is wrong is exactly why people look at our fan base with disdain.

First, Higgins isn't the story now it's the lunatic KY fans who are actively doing harm to his business. Like it or not, that's the national story. Our fans have taken a beef about a college basketball game and used that as justification to ruin someone's livelihood. The fact that many in this thread can't see that this reaction is wrong is exactly why people look at our fan base with disdain.

well said.

Joebee will be upset with you.

I'm not going to rehash the debate of whether or not the actions of some fans are approprate.
But I will say this: let's never again wonder why other fan bases hate uk or why other sec school's root against the cats.

Whether you agree with this lunacy or not.... it is indisputably divisive.

I know the answer: "who gives a **** what other fans think" is coming.
Fine. But again... let's not question why Kentucky is sometimes on an island of absolute disdain.
I never have wondered why. Nor do I give a shit.

People have hated us for at least 60 years. So **** it..let's embrace the bad guy role. Let's be the NY Yankees and New England Patriots of fan bases. Sounds fantastic.

Reactions: YourPublicEnemy
Didn't someone post a picture recently of a tweet by a KU fan that said "I hope you die of aids"? Can't remember the topic but it was within the last week.

And yet you have no problem with this ref costing Cal thousands of dollars in bonuses or costing the players another opportunity to showcase their talents. I wonder why you so easily gloss over that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT