ADVERTISEMENT

Let's never again wonder why they hate us.

Feb 23, 2011
I'm not going to rehash the debate of whether or not the actions of some fans are approprate.
But I will say this: let's never again wonder why other fan bases hate uk or why other sec school's root against the cats.

Whether you agree with this lunacy or not.... it is indisputably divisive.

I know the answer: "who gives a **** what other fans think" is coming.
Fine. But again... let's not question why Kentucky is sometimes on an island of absolute disdain.

I dont have any earthly idea how any UK fan regardless of age could feel one bit sorry for this Higgins idiot who has more likely than not cost us a title or 2. WHO CARES ABOUT HIS LITTLE FEELINGS?!?!?! HE DIDNT CARE ABOUT OUR PLAYERS FEELINGS WHEN HE COST THEM THE GAME! If our fans hadnt done what is happening now it would have been a non story and nobody would be talking about it but us on this message board. IT DESERVES TO BE TALKED ABOUT BECAUSE IT WAS THAT BAD!

We have a bunch of stupid fans. Every fanbase does. I do not feel sorry for Higgins at all. He is well paid for his reffing gig, and will be fine in the longrun in his other business. This was hilarious to me with what happened but it won't change a thing.

Maybe.

Or they could think the fanbase is nuts. I have had plenty of people say to me... "I like the team" or "the kids" or certain players.... "but i can't stand the fans".
And it's probably a cop out excuse, when they really don't like anything about the program. Personally I don't care if they think we are nuts. Hell, JVC calls us nuts and we love it, as does he.

I dont have any earthly idea how any UK fan regardless of age could feel one bit sorry for this Higgins idiot who has more likely than not cost us a title or 2. WHO CARES ABOUT HIS LITTLE FEELINGS?!?!?! HE DIDNT CARE ABOUT OUR PLAYERS FEELINGS WHEN HE COST THEM THE GAME! If our fans hadnt done what is happening now it would have been a non story and nobody would be talking about it but us on this message board. IT DESERVES TO BE TALKED ABOUT BECAUSE IT WAS THAT BAD!

Ok... I'll give you an honest answer. And it is not necessarily my opinion.

There are fans who think the guy is inept, but not corrupt. And ineptitude doesnt deserve this type of reaction.

There are other fans that separate his referee life from his business and private life.

And there are others who think of the fall out as it may relate to his employees.... or his family/kids, none of whom refereed the game.

Reactions: alsdkfj
If any fan of collage basketball has read just a little of what I have on this board in the last 48, to 60 hours, and I'm not a UK fan, I'm a UK fanatic!! NO wonder most fan's of other respectable Schools HATES US AS A FAN BASE! It has been like a bunch of middle school GIRL'S complain, and calling each other CHILDISH THING'S, and that has no respect for their FELLOW UK FAN'S AT ALL!! I'VE been SOME WHAT GUILTY ALSO IN MY OWN WAY...... It's [sick], and very silly, and it's being a GOOD FAN..... [cheers]

As you stated other fan bases hate us anyway so why care? I haven't and wouldn't have done any of the messaging. But, Personally I think this is all overblown and Higgins wants to play the victim. I really don't care about that either. He is either incredibly inept or corrupt. You choose. I know what I think because I've watched him work our games. Bottom line, if it means he never works another one of our games then it's all worth it. He's a Big 12 ref. Maybe now it's a little easier to see how Kansas has won so many conference championships in a row.

I am very rarely a voice of dissent to other OP's, but I could not disagree with you more. Enough is enough. When you have numerous National Sports media people calling Higgins out for the travesty of the officiated game he called, then it is time to stand up and be counted. I prefer to think that perhaps the U.K. fan base might actually garner national respect for not just rolling over and letting Higgins screw us once again, without him not feeling the full wrath of BBN. I actually talked to a client of mine today that is a big Tennessee fan with no love lost for Kentucky, especially in basketball. He saw the game and commented to me just how poorly and biased the game was officiated against UK. He certainly felt the National Backlash was warranted.

There are fans who think the guy is inept, but not corrupt. And ineptitude doesnt deserve this type of reaction.

There are other fans that separate his referee life from his business and private life.

And there are others who think of the fall out as it may relate to his employees.... or his family/kids, none of whom refereed the game.

I doubt your a true Kentucky fan. True Kentucky fans are not anonymous and don't give a rip who does or doesn't like us. Higgins deserves everything he's getting. I haven't personally participated in the trashing of his business Facebook account but I do think it's funny. If it hurts his family, well then he shouldn't be refereeing cause he sucks at it.

I doubt your a true Kentucky fan. True Kentucky fans are not anonymous and don't give a rip who does or doesn't like us. Higgins deserves everything he's getting. I haven't personally participated in the trashing of his business Facebook account but I do think it's funny. If it hurts his family, well then he shouldn't be refereeing cause he sucks at it.

And I doubt you are a true human being. True human beings possess a quality called empathy, which would likely manifest as it relates to the guys wife, kids or employees.

I am very rarely a voice of dissent to other OP's, but I could not disagree with you more. Enough is enough. When you have numerous National Sports media people calling Higgins out for the travesty of the officiated game he called, then it is time to stand up and be counted. I prefer to think that perhaps the U.K. fan base might actually garner national respect for not just rolling over and letting Higgins screw us once again, without him not feeling the full wrath of BBN. I actually talked to a client of mine today that is a big Tennessee fan with no love lost for Kentucky, especially in basketball. He saw the game and commented to me just how poorly and biased the game was officiated against UK. He certainly felt the National Backlash was warranted.

Fair enough.

So you think these actions... which are divisive even on this board... are being well-received by other fan bases?
Ok.

You need therapy. Does UK basketball define you as a person? I love UK basketball, but I'm not willing to make an a$$ of myself like you obviously are over a bunch of kids playing a game.

Maybe.

Or they could think the fanbase is nuts. I have had plenty of people say to me... "I like the team" or "the kids" or certain players.... "but i can't stand the fans".
Interesting, I've never heard opposing fans who have ACTUALLY INTERACTED with UK fans say anything negative.

Reactions: crestcat
We have a bunch of stupid fans. Every fanbase does. I do not feel sorry for Higgins at all. He is well paid for his reffing gig, and will be fine in the longrun in his other business. This was hilarious to me with what happened but it won't change a thing.

No, it won't. But acceptance of corruption is tantamount to a lamb being led to the slaughter house without making a peep. Nothing can ever improve unless people have the balls to stand up and say here's the film, this was fixed, and it cost UK a huge game and probably a NC. I for one am not going to just say, 'Meh, shit happens'. It shouldn't ever happen, but for one guy to destroy our entire season requires an appropriate response. I hope Higgins drops dead.

Reactions: bluemoonofky
If any fan of collage basketball has read just a little of what I have on this board in the last 48, to 60 hours, and I'm not a UK fan, I'm a UK fanatic!! NO wonder most fan's of other respectable Schools HATES US AS A FAN BASE! It has been like a bunch of middle school GIRL'S complain, and calling each other CHILDISH THING'S, and that has no respect for their FELLOW UK FAN'S AT ALL!! I'VE been SOME WHAT GUILTY ALSO IN MY OWN WAY...... It's [sick], and very silly, and it's being a GOOD FAN..... [cheers]
your inability to use an apostrophe makes other school's fans ridicule us. Please read up on that. Btw, it is college, not collage. Today has been embarrassing to me as a UK fan.

Interesting, I've never heard opposing fans who have ACTUALLY INTERACTED with UK fans say anything negative.

That is because the fan base is largely made up of great people and passionate basketball fans.
But as a group... it can sometimes look like a collection of loons.
Have you read the threads? In the thread below we have a 79-year-old man threatening to "F-" another poster! Lmao!
Two others are endlessly debating the meaning of "accountability".
And the FBI is apparently answering the phone at Higgins office.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
^^^^ THIS ALL DAY LONG.... Why do you think the Yankees are hated in Baseball? They are the best. We are the best in Basketball... they hate us.. If you are a fan you know this, if not, then blow away.
Are you hated? If not, are you a pile of donkey dong? You people are incredulous.

I'm not going to rehash the debate of whether or not the actions of some fans are approprate.
But I will say this: let's never again wonder why other fan bases hate uk or why other sec school's root against the cats.

Whether you agree with this lunacy or not.... it is indisputably divisive.

I know the answer: "who gives a **** what other fans think" is coming.
Fine. But again... let's not question why Kentucky is sometimes on an island of absolute disdain.

Just give it up man. There are a handful of posters on here that just don't give a shit. They think nothing matters. They can't see that this can be used against us in variety of ways. Yet they wonder every year why we get screwed by officials, why we NEVER catch a break on a call in a meaningful game, why we've had championships taken because of officials, and why every year we get put in the toughest bracket. They just don't see the correlation between the two and they never will. So, it's just a waste of time. A lot of these posters are part of that 10% that we all dread, and proudly so too. It's just a lost cause even trying.

Reactions: wyldcatsfan
You need to come out of the basement then. I've been to many away games and have had great interactions with opposing fans, but just about all of them tell me that I am different than the rest of the "rednecks" that generally represent us. What opposing fans have you actually interacted with?

Reactions: wyldcatsfan
You need to come out of the basement then. I've been to many away games and have had great interactions with opposing fans, but just about all of them tell me that I am different than the rest of the "rednecks" that generally represent us. What opposing fans have you actually interacted with?

Lmao!

Problem is the size of our fan base. It's HUGE. So, say, every fan base has 1% flaming ignorant paranoid jerks. A normal school you have maybe 500 or a 1000 such bad actors. UK, that number might be 10,000 to 50,000. Outsiders see 1 school with 10k - 50k numb skulls. They don't see percentages.

What happened here was an Alabama fan poisoning trees in Auburn type act. That was a completely stupid thing to do. Over a million Alabama fans knew it was stupid and said so, just like the great majority of reasonable Cats fans. However. No headline ever said "Vast majority of fans oppose . . ."

There are fans who think the guy is inept, but not corrupt. And ineptitiudecdoesnt deserve this type of reaction.
First off u don't know me, second off commenting on someone's page woukd never even cross my mind. I'm just saying it doesn't bother me one but that people did.

Well I am the type of fan that thinks he should never, ever ever be able to officiate games again because it was that obvious what he did. He has also hosed us in the past.
You need therapy. Does UK basketball define you as a person? I love UK basketball, but I'm not willing to make an a$$ of myself like you obviously are over a bunch of kids playing a game.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
1. You don't know me, at all.
2. I would never at any age personally comment on any player, coach, refs page of any kind.
3. I have no problem with the fans who chose to do it because they made it a story, it should be a story.
4. Cool story, bruh.

Reactions: Bardstown
ADVERTISEMENT