ADVERTISEMENT

Let Us Prey

So you don't believe Protestant church goers are more likely to commit sexual assault against children than is the general population?
Of course I do. No doubt about that. I just was pointing out you didn’t read the post you were challenging correctly. I

Then what is your data that supports that conclusion?N

None other than observation and anecdotal. The whole point of all docs is how it is hidden. You asked me what I believe. Kind of like proving a negative. I mean, if you have data that proves I’m wrong I’m willing to listen.

None other than observation and anecdotal. The whole point of all docs is how it is hidden. You asked me what I believe. Kind of like proving a negative. I mean, if you have data that proves I’m wrong I’m willing to listen.
Do you have data to prove Wayne is wrong? You keep asking for his data but haven't come forth to support your argument either.

Reactions: WayneDougan
None. The whole point of all docs is how it is hidden. You asked me what I believe. Kind of like proving a negative. I mean, if you have data that proves I’m wrong I’m willing to listen.
If you believe it to be true, and you believe it is underreported, then nothing anyone could say or show you would change your mind, because you would simply say the data isn't accurate because much of it is hidden. I try not to form strong opinions about situations where there is not data to support feeling one way or the other. Basically, you are saying you have a bias that influences your conclusions and you are going to hold on to them either way.

Reactions: exemjr
If you believe it to be true, and you believe it is underreported, then nothing anyone could say or show you would change your mind, because you would simply say the data isn't accurate because much of it is hidden. I try not to form strong opinions about situations where there is not data to support feeling one way or the other. Basically, you are saying you have a bias that influences your conclusions and you are going to hold on to them either way.
You’re right. There is no practical way of executing a study that would prove it either way. This all started because a guy from your side said he it was only 1/3 for Protestants compared to the general population and then fabricated statistics in an effort to prove it.

You’re right. There is no practical way of executing a study that would prove it either way. This all started because a guy from your side said he it was only 1/3 for Protestants compared to the general population and then fabricated statistics in an effort to prove it.
Actually it started when you started a thread about Protestant churches or did you forget that part like most of the other stuff you have forgotten in this thread?

Actually it started when you started a thread about Protestant churches or did you forget that part like most of the other stuff you have forgotten in this thread?
No, the argument about comparisons started by Wayne. Yes, I started the thread about a documentary. Technically I guess it started when this board was created.

You are obviously a clueless person who will not accept any responsibility for anything they say no matter how stupid it may be. I would like to congratulate you for being the first person to hit the Creed Bratton ignore list in quite a while. It' not that I am offended by anything you have said because you are entitled to your opinion no matter how dumb it may be, but I refuse to get into a rabbit hole of talking this kind of nonsense. I would rather spend my time having productive conversations with people who have rational thoughts.

Not sure if this is the kind of stat that you all are looking for but in one study, 93% of abusers categorized themselves as religious. In an attempt to avoid being put on a list, I won't go looking for that study but if someone is interested in confirming then by all means look that up (probably can just type in 93% abuse religious).

Participants in said study also said they view churches as "safe havens" because Christians (especially young children) are more trusting and naïve due to the church environment. That's paraphrasing of course because again, don't want to be on a list, but the point is still there.

Not trying to join the argument, just throwing in at least an ounce of actual data.

Reactions: sobester
You are obviously a clueless person who will not accept any responsibility for anything they say no matter how stupid it may be. I would like to congratulate you for being the first person to hit the Creed Bratton ignore list in quite a while. It' not that I am offended by anything you have said because you are entitled to your opinion no matter how dumb it may be, but I refuse to get into a rabbit hole of talking this kind of nonsense. I would rather spend my time having productive conversations with people who have rational thoughts.
Bye

Actually it starts when someone, such as yourself, uses anecdotal evidence to suggest that an entire group of people that they don't personally know fall into a certain category and then challenge others to prove them wrong. If the anecdotal evidence was pertaining to race, we would call that person a racist. I'm not sure what they are called when they apply the same anecdotal logic to other groups of people.

Actually it starts when someone, such as yourself, uses anecdotal evidence to suggest that an entire group of people that they don't personally know fall into a certain category and then challenge others to prove them wrong. If the anecdotal evidence was pertaining to race, we would call that person a racist. I'm not sure what they are called when they apply the same anecdotal logic to other groups of people.
Where did I do that? I said the doc was disconcerting.

Where did I do that? I said the doc was disconcerting.
You have said you would put Protestant Churches ahead of many groups on Hyman's list, most of which are drug cartels or terrorist organizations. You have had a running conservation with Wayne where you are saying, or implying, Protestant Church goers are evil, and you challenge him to prove you wrong. On top of that, you flat out admitted you think they are a bunch child abusers. You broad-brush all Protestant Church goers, in spite of that fact that the so-called documentary doesn't even deal with Protestant Churches as a whole, only one small sect of Protestant Churches. Where have you done anything but that?

You have said you would put Protestant Churches ahead of many groups on Hyman's list, most of which are drug cartels or terrorist organizations. You have had a running conservation with Wayne where you are saying, or implying, Protestant Church goers are evil, and you challenge him to prove you wrong. On top of that, you flat out admitted you think they are a bunch child abusers. You broad-brush all Protestant Church goers, in spite of that fact that the so-called documentary doesn't even deal with Protestant Churches as a whole, only one small sect of Protestant Churches. Where have you done anything but that?
And Catholics and Mormons and some groups that are quite small diminishing their ability to inflict harm.

And Catholics and Mormons and some groups that are quite small diminishing their ability to inflict harm.
The Catholic Church is small? That's only two groups. You didn't say you would put Protestant church goers above Catholics and Mormons on that list. You said you would put them above many of those groups. Even though your take on this subject is clearly analogous to racism, at least own it.

The Catholic Church is small? That's only two groups. You didn't say you would put Protestant church goers above Catholics and Mormons on that list. You said you would put them above many of those groups. Even though your take on this subject is clearly analogous to racism, at least own it.
Read again and don’t forget to process the word “and”.
Sobester is:

1) Dumb
2) Doesn't understand statistics
3) A heathen
link yo your statistics?

Last edited:
Again, the Catholic Church is small?
Read what I said with special emphasis on the “and” in the first sentence. And means in addition. Catholics, Mormons AND small groups. I’ve pointed this out to you 3 times now. No reasonable person could read what I wrote and conclude I was saying Catholicism is small. Please read lol.

Read what I said with special emphasis on the “and” in the first sentence. And means in addition. Catholics, Mormons AND small groups. I’ve pointed this out to you 3 times now. No reasonable person could read what I wrote and conclude I was saying Catholicism is small. Please read lol.
Sorry for being so dense. I kept misreading what you wrote. It still doesn't change the fact that you are the one using anecdotal evidence from a small group to broad-brush entire population of people and have asked people to prove you wrong.

Sorry for being so dense. I kept misreading what you wrote. It still doesn't change the fact that you are the one using anecdotal evidence from a small group to broad-brush entire population of people and have asked people to prove you wrong.
Fair enough. I don’t think I’ve done that but agree to disagree.

the list of atrocities that the Mormon's have committed is well documented. Child rape, tracking down and murdering deserters, for a start.

The Catholic church, I mean, where to start? How about the Inquisition.

Remember now, we're talking about "net" evil.

Organized religion has been corrupted since it was created. Your spiritual life belongs to you…humans have an innate need to worship a higher power. If you need someone to define what that is for you….just be good
Any thing that people form, eventually corruption creeps in. You just have a grudge and like to pick on churches, it would seem.

(And there is every bit as much "proof" that a higher power created all this, as there is that is sprang up on it's own. But that is another debate)

Reactions: K86 and berniecarbo
I would think the high number of abusers that identify as religious might be, in part, because it presents an almost perfect environment for a "groomer" to operate.

In any case, for it to be germane to my argument, the Protestant church would need to officially sanction pedophilia, so...

Any thing that people form, eventually corruption creeps in. You just have a grudge and like to pick on churches, it would seem.

(And there is every bit as much "proof" that a higher power created all this, as there is that is sprang up on it's own. But that is another debate)

I don’t think he said there wasn’t a higher power. You can believe in a higher power and even the biblical god and still see what a sh@t show organized religion is.

The fact that 77% of those that regularly attend a Protestant church support Trump tells you all you need to know. Complete antithesis to the teachings of Jesus. No excuse now. There are other Republicans running in the primary, and they won’t even give them a sniff. The orange Messiah that died on the cross of a stolen election.

The fact that 77% of those that regularly attend a Protestant church support Trump tells you all you need to know. Complete antithesis to the teachings of Jesus. No excuse now. There are other Republicans running in the primary, and they won’t even give them a sniff. The orange Messiah that died on the cross of a stolen election.
It is consistent with the lack of character and decency demonstrated by the epidemic of the sexual abuse cover ups. No doubt.

The Trump card. LOL

It's the eject button for simpletons on the left.

And it never gets old.
You have to admit, the extreme juxtaposition between proclaimed religious purity and support of Trump is so glaring it’s difficult to just ignore.

Also, it does help explain the child sex abuse coverup epidemic in Protestant churches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT