ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

It's a team sport, everyone who has ever won a title needed help from someone. Hell, Jordan never won a playoff series without Pippen. He was 0-3 in 1st round series with 2 sweeps and a 3-1 loss.

And let's not forget that in 1991, the only game that the Lakers won in that series against the Bulls, was the 1st game when Jordan attempted to guard an old and broken down Magic who had HIV, and couldn't handle him. It wasn't until Phil switched Pippen on to Magic that the series swung to the Bulls favor.

Reactions: trav55
It's hard to compare Jordan and Lebron mainly because the teams they played are made up differently now. Now you have so many super teams combining that it's really hard to have continued success. I was a growing up during the Jordan years and he never once played a team anywhere close to the Warriors. He wouldn't have beat that team either IMO. Lebron is easily in the top 2 of all time players and to discount him as so is foolish.

It's hard to compare Jordan and Lebron mainly because the teams they played are made up differently now. Now you have so many super teams combining that it's really hard to have continued success. I was a growing up during the Jordan years and he never once played a team anywhere close to the Warriors. He wouldn't have beat that team either IMO. Lebron is easily in the top 2 of all time players and to discount him as so is foolish.

Jordan also never played in an east as garbage as the one Lebron has "feasted" on soon to be 8 straight years. Looks like he may get the cupcake injured Celtics in the conference finals...fun ends there though. Another ass kicking in the finals.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Jordan also never played in an east as garbage as the one Lebron has "feasted" on soon to be 8 straight years. Looks like he may get the cupcake injured Celtics in the conference finals...fun ends there though. Another ass kicking in the finals.

I assure you that the Warriors would have rolled the Bulls and any other team from that era too.

Reactions: Cowboys&Wildcats
I assure you that the Warriors would have rolled the Bulls and any other team from that era too.
Seriously? We talking 90's play style and reffing or the wuss ball that goes on now? Rodman would make Draymond his bit** and Pippen would stick to KD like glue. Jordan is a how many time Defensive first teamer? Curry doesn't get his easy buckets either with Jordan guarding him. You have to be in your early 20's or younger to actually believe the ridiculousness you just stated.

And if 94 is your birth year then you did not "grow up during the Jordan years". You don't remember a single game he played in because you would have only been 4 when he decided to hang it up with the Bulls. Any one who actually has witness Jordan and LeBron when they were old enough to understand the game knows that there is no comparison. Jordan had the Kobe motor times 10 to go along with his unbelievable talent.

Seriously? We talking 90's play style and reffing or the wuss ball that goes on now? Rodman would make Draymond his bit** and Pippen would stick to KD like glue. Jordan is a how many time Defensive first teamer? Curry doesn't get his easy buckets either with Jordan guarding him. You have to be in your early 20's or younger to actually believe the ridiculousness you just stated.
But Rodman was a flopper and that means you're terrible. Queen Rodman. Also the current players didnt change the rules, the league did to fix the horrible brand of basketball that was being played.

*I dont say that because he was a cross-dresser

The Warriors would beat the 90s Bulls by double figures in 4 out of 7 games because 3 is worth more than 2.

This. Anyone who thinks that the 96 Bulls could touch Golden State doesn't understand basketball. If you think that putting Jordan on Curry would stop him, you underestimate the Warriors ball movement and the ability of all of their player to run off screens. Jordan could average 50 all series against them, and it wouldn't matter. The 3 ball has changed the game and nobody does it better than the Warriors.

And if 94 is your birth year then you did not "grow up during the Jordan years". You don't remember a single game he played in because you would have only been 4 when he decided to hang it up with the Bulls. Any one who actually has witness Jordan and LeBron when they were old enough to understand the game knows that there is no comparison. Jordan had the Kobe motor times 10 to go along with his unbelievable talent.

I assure you I watched all of the Jordan years as I graduated in 94. Your entitled your opinion, just like I am mine. Jordan was the best as I've said in the past, but to discount Lebron as being right up there with him is crazy. Some of the Lebron hate is ridiculous on here.

Last edited:
Here is my thing with Lebron that i dont like...this guy is a great player and huge competitor and goes to the post everytime...those are great things about him..but it would be like my dunkimg on a 2 year old amd then staring him down
.i hate when lebron stares others down

Here is my thing with Lebron that i dont like...this guy is a great player and huge competitor and goes to the post everytime...those are great things about him..but it would be like my dunkimg on a 2 year old amd then staring him down
.i hate when lebron stares others down

So you don't like anybody who stares down their opponent after dunking on them or is it just when LeBron does it?

I assure you I watched all of the Jordan years as I graduated in 94. Your entitled your opinion just like I am mine. Jordan was the best as I have the past but to discount Lebron as the not being right there with him is crazy. Some of the Lebron hate is ridiculous on here.
Never said Lebron wasn’t up there. To me I put him at Top 5 All Time without question. Other than Shaq at the Center spot I don’t know that I’ve seen a player impose his will on people in such a dominating fashion as LeBron.

But Rodman was a flopper and that means you're terrible. Queen Rodman. Also the current players didnt change the rules, the league did to fix the horrible brand of basketball that was being played.

*I dont say that because he was a cross-dresser
Horrible brand? I’d rather watch a late 80’s and 90’s game any day over the garbage that is played for 82 games now.

Horrible brand? I’d rather watch a late 80’s and 90’s game any day over the garbage that is played for 82 games now.

You may enjoy the late 80's and 90's but there is no disputing that the league changed the rules because the public was dissatisfied with the product of watching guys beating each other up and ending up with scores like 72 -69.

Huh? The rules didnt change in the late 80's. They changed when rock fights regularly broke out in the NBA in the late 90's, early 2000's.

Reactions: MWes11
Gotta hand it to him last night.. didn't have a great game and came up clutch in the final minutes.

In comparing him to others like Kobe and Jordan, last night's game is definitely one you can look back and point to. He was clutch, on a truly garbage team that really has no business winning this series.. and he got it done.

LOL. This is a "Freedom of movement" generation. In other words, no touching, soft, and thin. 80's 90's teams like the bulls wouod dismantle these teams if played by their rules. Curry wouldn't know what to do after Jordan had stuck his foot into his chest 29 fade aways in a row and Rodman types would have made them so uncomfortable Green wouldn't be half of what he is.

This is a soft generation of basketball players. They can't get rough and they'd have to in order to beat those teams.

LeBron has played with two top 50 players of all time? I missed that one.

??

Yeah all his teammates have been garbage over the years, especially these guys...

Dwayne Wade
Tristan Thompson
Kevin Love
Kyrie Irving
Shaq
Larry Hughes
Antawn Jamison
Chris Bosh
Mario Chalmers
James Jones
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Ray Allen
Isaiah Thomas Jr
Mo Williams
Drew Gooden
Anderson Varejao

It’s obvious how modern perception made everyone forget how great the goat is was. The Bulls has a perfect team to guard GS now. Three monster defensive players and the greatest would prevail. Durant wouldn’t know how to handle 90’S defense from PIPPEN and Jordan said Would keep steph in check/ plus you have Jackson game planning and Rodman was would put DG in his place. Get him ejected for sure the punk.

Lol ppl cry about lebron too much. Should appreciate what you're seeing doesnt come along very often.

Ppl say he whines about calls, but the reality is hes so big and strong he makes contact on him look like nothing much of the time, which would be fouls on others. Hes not easy to push..usually plows through it.
I agree with this totally don’t get me wrong I’m not a huge LeBron fan and I go against him most of the time unless he joins my lakers then I gotta pull for him.. but if you dont have haters you’re probably not that good!! But like you said everyone should enjoy him because he’s the greatest our generation will see..

Yeah but hand checks rules and physical D I puke throw them off and nobody would stop Jordan. He would make sure they won. The Bullls were the ultimate two way team.

That team didn't have the scoring power to beat the Warriors. Let Jordan get 40, let Pippen get 25, but they didn't have the shooting to keep up. The three point emphasis changed the game, and the Warriors do it better than anyone. Plus, Klay/Durant/Draymond is a great defensive trio to throw at the two Bulls stars.

They also have two guys better than Scottie Pippen, as good a fourth option as any team in decades, and a better bench.

People think a team with Michael Jordan just automatically wins, which is why these discussions are always pointless.

Anybody usually but especially Lebron...you are best player in the league...dont be a punk when you dunk on people

So when Michael Jordan stared down Patrick Ewing after dunking on him, there was nothing wrong with that in your eyes? When Michael Jordan dunked on Mutombo, stared him down, then finger waved at him, that was okay in your eyes? You're being ridiculous right now and being a complete biased hater towards one man. The question is why?

I dont like Lebron...zjordan did not act at all like James...know way you can compare their behaviors on the court..cmon dude...lood at Pacer series..Lebron was a punk in that series
..he needs to just walk away from controversy

??

Yeah all his teammates have been garbage over the years, especially these guys...

Dwayne Wade
Tristan Thompson
Kevin Love
Kyrie Irving
Shaq
Larry Hughes
Antawn Jamison
Chris Bosh
Mario Chalmers
James Jones
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Ray Allen
Isaiah Thomas Jr
Mo Williams
Drew Gooden
Anderson Varejao

That list is so bad, in so many ways....Shaq? 12 ppg and 6 rpg game, Shaq? Damn dude.

I dont like Lebron...zjordan did not act at all like James...know way you can compare their behaviors on the court..cmon dude...lood at Pacer series..Lebron was a punk in that series
..he needs to just walk away from controversy

I know you don't like LeBron, first you stated it was because he stared at people after dunking on them, and then you moved the goal posts once I reminded you that Jordan not only stared down his opponent after dunking on them, but he taunted them, fought them, and talked about their families while on the court. Don't give me this crap that Jordan was some saint out there, you guys will make up anything to praise Jordan and hate LeBron, it's ridiculous.

Reactions: michaeluk26
I dont like Lebron....hope they lose every game..dont like his attitude in the least....just play the game and qhit staring people down and jumping on scorers tables
..we know you are out there

I dont like Lebron....hope they lose every game..dont like his attitude in the least....just play the game and qhit staring people down and jumping on scorers tables
..we know you are out there

So you don't like when LeBron does it, but you didn't have a problem when Jordan stared down his opponents and jumped on the scorer's table? I'm trying to figure this out.

It's a team sport, everyone who has ever won a title needed help from someone. Hell, Jordan never won a playoff series without Pippen. He was 0-3 in 1st round series with 2 sweeps and a 3-1 loss.

That’s a crazy stat that I’ve never heard. The other day I was arguing with two buddies in a group text about Lebron. I said he’s top 2. I think there IS an argument for him being the best but Jordan can have that title. But to act like people are idiots for thinking he is the best is kind of crazy.

Case and point, one buddy said “Lebron just kicked it out instead of shooting the layup. Kobe or Jordan would have never done that”. I was like, what the hell? Yeah, bad play, probably should have shot it. And yeah,that wasn’t his greatest 5 minutes in overtime, but the dude gets completely ridiculed after having a triple double. He played amazing and his stats in the opening series were incredible as well. But we judge him differently. If he misses a shot people go “oh yeah, see!?! He missed!!!!! JORDANS BETTER!” First off, the farther away we get from Jordan’s playing days the bigger the aura around him, so now people act like he never missed a shot, a game winner or lost for that matter. Jordan was a very good defender, as was Kobe, but NEITHER were as good as Lebron is. I don’t care what anyone says. He’s taller, he flops, blah blah blah, those are all excuses and terrible arguments. One buddy said “it all comes down to titles”. I said fine, Trent dilfer is better than Dan Marino then. That’s how stupid that is. It’s definitley a credible factor but it’s not the end all be all to the debate.

I’d like to see more misconceptions about Jordan disproved. He was absolutely amazing and an icon. Still is. But if he’s better than Lebron, that’s fine, but it’s at least still debatable.

Last edited:
A guy that calls himself “king James” shows he’s a really cocky and arrogant person. Who the hell calls themselves a king when they’re not a king ha.

I used to question the same thing but then I had some perspective on he situation. This kid was CALLED king James since he was a young teenager. He had cameras following him around before his senior year of high school and was called the next great player of our time. So with that said, I can’t imagine anyone else handling that pressure as well as he has. Players like him. Coaches like him and he seems grounded and has a wife and children which makes him extremely relatable and likable.

Also, with that pressure I mentioned, he has lived up to all that hype and then some. That never happens. It just doesn’t. That’s why i have so much respect for him as a player, flipper or not.

Reactions: michaeluk26
??

Dwayne Wade
Tristan Thompson
Kevin Love
Kyrie Irving
Shaq
Larry Hughes
Antawn Jamison
Chris Bosh
Mario Chalmers
James Jones
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Ray Allen
Isaiah Thomas Jr
Mo Williams
Drew Gooden
Anderson Varejao
That list is so bad, in so many ways....Shaq? 12 ppg and 6 rpg game, Shaq? Damn dude.

Were these not his teammates?! Total scrubs huh?

The problem with you Lebron is God fanboys is that you want to argue hes done what hes done with no help when thats not the case and the times hes had bad rosters, its often been his own doing.

So who do you want him to play with? Steph? Durant, Russ? AD? Do you think Lebron is going to share the spotlight with a couple other stars??? No way. Hes tried that. He wants role players or stars to submit to being role players.

Running off Kyrie, yelling at him constanty, wanting him play off the ball, lmao. With exception of the first year or two, Lebron has always picked his teammates . This is common knowledge.

Lebron shouldve kissed Kyrie a$$ to keep him in Cleveland.

The problem with you Lebron is God fanboys is that you want to argue hes done what hes done with no help when thats not the case and the times hes had bad rosters, its often been his own doing.

So who do you want him to play with? Steph? Durant, Russ? AD? Do you think Lebron is going to share the spotlight with a couple other stars??? No way. Hes tried that. He wants role players or stars to submit to being role players.

Running off Kyrie, yelling at him constanty, wanting him play off the ball, lmao. With exception of the first year or two, Lebron has always picked his teammates . This is common knowledge.

You guys need to stop listening to Hot Takes on TV, LeBron did not run Kyrie off, it's been well documented that he wanted the organization to keep Kyrie and he said that he would work out their differences in training camp. It was only when Kyrie threatened to sit out the season to get knee surgery that they finally decided to trade him. You guys just continue to flat out lie about this man in order to tear down the strawman that you continue to build.

Reactions: RipThru
Had to look and see who you guys were responding to. Wade on into the waters of ignore. They're perfect this time of year.

That’s a crazy stat that I’ve never heard. The other day I was arguing with two buddies in a group text about Lebron. I said he’s top 2. I think there IS an argument for him being the best but Jordan can have that title. But to act like people are idiots for thinking he is the best is kind of crazy.

Case and point, one buddy said “Lebron just kicked it out instead of shooting the layup. Kobe or Jordan would have never done that”. I was like, what the hell? Yeah, bad play, probably should have shot it. And yeah,that wasn’t his greatest 5 minutes in overtime, but the dude gets completely ridiculed after having a triple double. He played amazing and his stats in the opening series were incredible as well. But we judge him differently. If he misses a shot people go “oh yeah, see!?! He missed!!!!! JORDANS BETTER!” First off, the farther away we get from Jordan’s playing days the bigger the auto around him, so now people act like he never missed a shot, a game winner or lost for that matter. Jordan was a very good defender, as was Kobe, but NEITHER were as good as Lebron is. I don’t care what anyone says. He’s taller, he flops, blah blah blah, those are all excuses and terrible arguments. One buddy said “it all comes down to titles”. I said fine, Trent dilfer is better than Dan Marino then. That’s how stupid that is. It’s definitley a credible factor but it’s not the end all be all to the debate.

I’d like to see more misconceptions about Jordan disproved. He was absolutely amazing and an icon. Still is. But if he’s better than Lebron, that’s fine, but it’s at least still debatable.
Yup, good post. MJ is the greatest of all time in my opinion and still completely overrated... if that makes sense.

Jordan also never beat a championship team until they got old. Never beat the Celtics when they were good, lost to the Pistons 3 straight years with Pippen in 88, 89, and 90. Never beat them until they were an old broke down 48 win team in 01.

Great accomplishments but no one talks about his failures while Lebrons are not only talked about but highlighted. Jordan won his 6 titles over the old Lakers after Kareem retired, that team never made it back to the conference Finals, beat Portland who never won anything, beat Seattle who never won anything, beat Phoenix who never won anything, beat the Jazz twice who never won anything. Lebron actually beat the Spurs who was a championship team and the Warriors who had the best record in history and were defending champions.

Oh and if Nick Anderson had happened to Lebron it would be ran on repeat on ESPN for months and talked about forever. Nick Anderson happened to Jordan and it's so not talked about, most people who read this wont even know what I'm talking about.

Yup, good post. MJ is the greatest of all time in my opinion and still completely overrated... if that makes sense.

Jordan also never beat a championship team until they got old. Never beat the Celtics when they were good, lost to the Pistons 3 straight years with Pippen in 88, 89, and 90. Never beat them until they were an old broke down 48 win team in 01.

Great accomplishments but no one talks about his failures while Lebrons are not only talked about but highlighted. Jordan won his 6 titles over the old Lakers after Kareem retired, that team never made it back to the conference Finals, beat Portland who never won anything, beat Seattle who never won anything, beat Phoenix who never won anything, beat the Jazz twice who never won anything. Lebron actually beat the Spurs who was a championship team and the Warriors who had the best record in history and were defending champions.

Oh and if Nick Anderson had happened to Lebron it would be ran on repeat on ESPN for months and talked about forever. Nick Anderson happened to Jordan and it's so not talked about, most people who read this wont even know what I'm talking about.

Such a great point about Nick Anderson, people love to say that MJ would've won 8 straight titles had he not been retired for 2 years........but wait.........he actually only missed 1 full year and was bounced out by a young Magic team, ending with the Nick Anderson steal. LeBron's failure in the Dallas series is always brought up, but somehow, MJ (GOD) played 15 years and doesn't have 15 titles. That point you made about MJ being the greatest, but still being overrated is the best point I've seen on here.

Yea, a lot of those dudes suck. Don't act like he's played with supreme talent, cause that ain't the truth. I'm not a fanboy, and virtually every analyst that talks about the Cavs talk about what a mediocre roster he's played with most of his career. As far as picking and choosing, that proves he sucks as a GM, but does nothing for your argument. He is one the best 2-3 players of all time. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT