ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

Never a seen one player so protected by the league/officials. No one else in the nba gets way with goaltending on that last block where it clearly hit the backboard first with 3 seconds left.

And here they come the LeBron haters. Guess you missed that 1st quarter when he got fouled like 4 straight times and never got an AND 1 even at home. It's all good though haters going to hate.

This is comical I don't care about the cavs don't like don't hate them just calling it how I see it and lebron has been most protected player in nba history, plays a physical style but yet is called for less fouls per 48 than pretty much everyone ever, hasn't fouled out in a game in many years. That technical call last game where it should've been a jump ball and pacers with a chance to tie (or tech on cavs if there was a tech gonna be called) and the goaltending prove how obvious it is that the league protects him on purpose. Anyone who can't see this is either a cavs/lebron homer or blind.

Too bad they didn't call goal tending then LeBron's shot would gave Cavs 1 point win instead of 3.

In live action I have no idea how a ref could call that a goal tend. I guess you guys have extra special eye sight.

Reactions: JCBLUECATNC
This is comical I don't care about the cavs don't like don't hate them just calling it how I see it and lebron has been most protected player in nba history, plays a physical style but yet is called for less fouls per 48 than pretty much everyone ever, hasn't fouled out in a game in many years. That technical call last game where it should've been a jump ball and pacers with a chance to tie and the goaltending prove how obvious it is that the league protects him on purpose. Anyone who can't see this is either a cavs/lebron homer or blind.

Don’t like or hate him-he takes a damn beating in games. He may get away with stuff but it’s returned. Hardin is the guy that’s protected IMO. Touch him and he’s heading to the line.

Reactions: Montana81
Too bad they didn't call goal tending then LeBron's shot would gave Cavs 1 point win instead of 3.

In live action I have no idea how a ref could call that a goal tend. I guess you guys have extra special eye sight.
You never know if he would’ve still hit the shot after the goaltending. His mentality could’ve been different with more pressure to win or go home. With a tie game he had nothing to lose and he was probably more loose and confident taking the shot.

I'm a LeBron hater, he gets way too much hype any coverage from every sports outlet. Sucks the life out of watching the sport sometimes because all you hear is about what LeBron is doing.

But that goaltend is near impossible to see with the naked eye at full speed. Plus LeBron drained a 3 anyways to to win it. Cavs won fair and square.

NBA is too difficult to watch until the last few minutes of a game Watered down, and kind of boring for the most part.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
The league always protects its stars. Always has, always will. Thats just good business. Shaq never won a title until they stopped calling charges on him and just let him bulldoze everyone in his path.

For those who don't hate LeBron here it's such a shame he has to play with this garbage team. Korver his shots tonight and Calderon of all people played well but my god this team is garbage thanks to Kyrie wanting out. I am a Cavs fan but I sure won't blame LeBron when he leaves this time.

You still dont know that Lebron calls the shots. Its HIS team.

It should be reviewable. With the game on the line those kinds of plays should be reviewed to make sure they get it right.
If uk lost on that play I guarantee fans would be on here saying we got robbed.

It should be reviewable. With the game on the line those kinds of plays should be reviewed to make sure they get it right.
If uk lost on that play I guarantee fans would be on here saying we got robbed.

We lost when the damn Wisconsin BS non shot clock call wasn't called so ya we had it happen to us as well just not a goal tend but shot clocker.

Never a seen one player so protected by the league/officials. No one else in the nba gets way with goaltending on that last block where it clearly hit the backboard first with 3 seconds left. Good shot after that though but still absolute bs how harcore the league protects this guy.
Because he cries worse than a baby. Mouthy POS.

Goaltend or not, LeBron still drains winning 3 at the end. Cavs +1 if that call is made.
How do you know? Would you feel more confident and loose shooting the ball with a tie game or down 2? If he misses with a tie game, no sweat he can win in overtime. If he misses down 2, the game is over and they lose. He would’ve felt more pressure and would’ve had a totally different mindset taking that shot. The more pressure, the tougher the shot becomes.

and a Knicks fan, Thunder fan, Jazz fan, Celtics fan, Bucks fan, Lakers fan, Magic fan, Heat fan, Raptors fan, Warriors fan, T'Wolves fan, Rockets fan, Grizzlies fan, Xavier fan, Ohio State fan, UK fan, Florida fan, Villanova fan.....and every NFL team fan
YES!!! This guy roots for em all!! His team always wins!! Lol

How do you know? Would you feel more confident and loose shooting the ball with a tie game or down 2? If he misses with a tie game, no sweat he can win in overtime. If he misses down 2, the game is over and they lose. He would’ve felt more pressure and would’ve had a totally different mindset taking that shot. The more pressure, the tougher the shot becomes.
To believe that a man that has been to 6 straight finals and has been the second coming his entire life would feel pressure during a jump shot is moronic thinking.

Lebron is a great player and seems like a genuinely good person. He takes a beating at times but then he’s also allowed to just lower his head and steam roll his way to the basket. Love watching his game but he whines too much for me to really like him. Hope the 76ers knock them out of the playoffs.

A) I guess I’m in the minority, but I don’t like the rule where if the ball hits the backboard first it should be a goaltend. So his block to me was still a great defensive play whether it was goaltending or not. The ball was clearly going up and wasn’t even at the level of the rim yet. So how is that goaltending? The rule is stupid ok plays like that if it’s called.

B) It looked to me like the ball was out on Indiana the play before when Lebron lost it out of bounds. Maybe I’m wrong, but if it was out in Indiana, those plays cancel each other out even through lebrons was a much more impressive play.

So I’m with you. People hating Lebron don’t truly appreciate how great he is. I don’t care if you think he’s only a top 5 player all time rather than 1-3, he’s the best in the nba now and the best of this generation. He’s amazing on offense, on defense and can guard position 1-5. The fact that we can even compare a guy to micheal Jordan is impressive, just like it was with Kobe in his prime.

Reactions: Cowboys&Wildcats

If you think that, then you don't know LeBron. He wouldn't have thought twice about that shot regardless of the situation.

Never been a huge fan of his, but he’s a hell of a player and that was a hell of a block and shot.

What a freaking shot.

It was a good shot, but the NBA is so predictable; I knew that he would hit a game winner with about two minutes left. Opponent will drive, go up soft, get blocked by Lebron. Lebron runs from the baseline to the wing, takes the pass, curls to the top, and shoots an open three, with a very late contest. I'm amazed at how easy some of his shots at the end are, especially given the situation. The NBA is a joke; it's going to be Cavs-Warriors again. Ho hum.

Impossible to know that. The whole timeline would have been different.
Timeline would be exactly the same. Goaltending called, Clev calls TO 3 secs left. Inbound ball in the same exact spot and same exact shot goes up. LeBron has hit game winning 3s in the playoffs multiple times. So, with experience and history on my side, I'm confident in saying it happens the same way. It being the NBA, if they could foul LeBron still gets to shoot with continuation and he was 15/15 from the line, so 3 were going in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT