ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

Can you imagine what the Sixers would look like if you swapped LeBron for Ben Simmons (and now rumors are he might end up playing WITH Ben Simmons)?

As a Sixers fan, that's the last thing I want to see happen. The Sixers have an exciting young team and Lebron would disrupt their development, especially Ben Simmons. Simmons already does what Lebron would want to do. Lebron would want to be the centerpiece and focus of the Sixers offense. The Sixers can win the East right now without Lebron.

As a Sixers fan, that's the last thing I want to see happen. The Sixers have an exciting young team and Lebron would disrupt their development, especially Ben Simmons. Simmons already does what Lebron would want to do. Lebron would want to be the centerpiece and focus of the Sixers offense. The Sixers can win the East right now without Lebron.
I think you're right, which is why I said LeBron in place of Simmons (because while, yeah, Simmons is headed towards superstardom, he's not LeBron yet).

LeBron with Simmons would also probably see the Sixers waving bye-bye to a bunch of the shooters they currently have. You'd have LeBron and Simmons stepping on each others toes AND less shooting around them.

But you should also realize that the final look for the Sixers isn't decided. Embiid's max contract kicks in next year, and Redick is on a 1 year expiring deal. Best case for them this year is probably to get out of the East (which would be a huge accomplishment) just to be the sacrificial lamb to the Warriors or Rockets. They're going to need to take some final form before they can get over that kind of hump.

Reactions: drcats2013
Of course Love is no Durant...but he was an all star so hes not chopped liver.

And ok so one team is better than the other. Is there a problem with that? Isnt that the point of "sports?" Or like everything else it has to be about fairness now and even playing fields? GS shouldnt apologize for anything just like UK shouldnt for being loaded in 2015.

Lebron HAS to flop????? Cmon man, you can do better.
Golden State is better than any team MJ ever faced in Finals

Yes he does

True to all the above.
Never a seen one player so protected by the league/officials. No one else in the nba gets way with goaltending on that last block where it clearly hit the backboard first with 3 seconds left. Good shot after that though but still absolute bs how harcore the league protects this guy.

Lmao. LeBron shot like a career low in free throws this year and I see you did not mention the play right before that where the ball was not out on LeBron. O, and MJ started the "superstar calls"

Reactions: Cowboys&Wildcats
The NBA talent pool was actually pretty weak in the 90s from expansion and not as many international players but that's none of my business

The NBA has never been balanced bruh. LeBron has never had an elite center and only had an elite pg that played no defense for one championship.

Yes, the Western conference was pretty balanced back in the 90s- Jazz, Rockets, Suns, Spurs, Sonics, all had their stars and were competitive; not loaded.

Irving's shot won him a championship so I'd be a little more generous in the description of Irving.

Ray Allen's shot saved Lebron as well in his second championship. In reality, the only title where he was clearly the man was 2012.

Lebron certainly played with more talent than MJ did.
MJ- 91-93 run- Pippen, Grant
MJ 96-98- Pippen, Rodman (Kukoc produced offensively but never made an All-Star Game)
Bron-12, 13- Bosh, Wade, Allen
Bron 15-Irving, Love, Thompson- that's three top pick fives to go along with Lebron (#1 in 2003).

Lebron is great. I think he's top two or three probably ever but the attempts to put him above MJ are ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: JL-23
Yes, the Western conference was pretty balanced back in the 90s- Jazz, Rockets, Suns, Spurs, Sonics, all had their stars and were competitive; not loaded.

Irving's shot won him a championship so I'd be a little more generous in the description of Irving.

Ray Allen's shot saved Lebron as well in his second championship. In reality, the only title where he was clearly the man was 2012.

MJ 96-98- Pippen, Rodman

Bron 15-Irving, Love, Thompson- that's three top pick fives to go along with Lebron (#1 in 2003).

Lebron is great. I think he's top two or three probably ever but the attempts to put him above MJ are ridiculous.
Being a top 5 pick doesn't make you a good player. Tristan Thompson is not and never has been a top player.

Reactions: Montana81

MJ 96-98- Pippen, Rodman

Lmao. So much wrong in this post. Also, talent pool was very very weak in 90s too

NBA has always have top 2-4 teams and everybody else.

Ya man, because 1 shot erase the rest of the 7 games and means you weren't the man in the series. Lmao. LeBron had the best finals of all time in 2016 and you are saying he wasn't the man because Kyrie hit one shot to win the game

Being a top 5 picks means nothing in whether you are good in NBA.
Trying to use Tristan Thompson as reason LeBron had more talent. Green was a 2nd round pick, Klay went #10, Curry went #7 so my god what a terrible argument.

Being a top 5 pick doesn't make you a good player. Tristan Thompson is not and never has been a top player.
What's funny is Green was a 2nd round pick, Thompson went #10, Curry went #7, etc

Saying that just because a player went top 5 means he's a great player in NBA is saying that Okafor or Anthony Bennett are great NBA Players

What's funny is Green was a 2nd round pick, Thompson went #10, Curry went #7, etc

Saying that just because a player went top 5 means he's a great player in NBA is saying that Okafor or Anthony Bennett are great NBA Players

Yeah, if you want to ignore actual production and how many All-Star games they made.

Lmao. So much wrong in this post. Also, talent pool was very very weak in 90s too

Ya man, because 1 shot erase the rest of the 7 games and means you weren't the man in the series. Lmao. LeBron had the best finals of all time in 2016 and you are saying he wasn't the man because Kyrie hit one shot to win the game

Trying to use Tristan Thompson as reason LeBron had more talent. Green was a 2nd round pick, Klay went #10, Curry went #7 so my god what a terrible argument.

I know you're fanboying super hard for Lebron so I'll overlook how emotional you're getting and your dismissing of reading comprehension.

Your first point was "The Warriors are tougher than any team Jordan faced in the NBA Finals."
I said, "Yeah, because the west was balanced back then and there wasn't some juggernaut." I didn't say the NBA was balanced because parity has always been the biggest issue in the NBA. I'm saying the winner of the west wasn't going to be some super team put together because that wasn't occurring back then.

I pointed out that Lebron played with more talent than MJ did yet you choose to bring up Anthony Bennett and Tristan Thompson as some "gotcha" posts to follow your "LMAO" "ROTF" nonsense.

Pretty simple with what I was saying- Lebron played with major All Stars in Irving and Love after playing with Wade and Bosh, which were better offensive talent than MJ played with.

And I used the top five pick description for his teammates to show this isn't some 2007 Cavaliers roster argument.

He's KingOfHotTakeFailures.

This isn't the only topic where he makes ridiculous, convoluted, absurdly stacked-deck arguments.

(Remind him what the Bulls record was in 93-94, BTW)

I grew up with Jordan. I'd have a hard time ever saying LeBron is "better". But I also think that, as you get separated by longer stretches of time, comparisons like that become more and more useless. Anyone who tries to diminish what Jordan did is a fool. Anyone who tries to diminish what LeBron has done is an equally big fool.

He's KingOfHotTakeFailures.

This isn't the only topic where he makes ridiculous, convoluted, absurdly stacked-deck arguments.

(Remind him what the Bulls record was in 93-94, BTW)

I grew up with Jordan. I'd have a hard time ever saying LeBron is "better". But I also think that, as you get separated by longer stretches of time, comparisons like that become more and more useless. Anyone who tries to diminish what Jordan did is a fool. Anyone who tries to diminish what LeBron has done is an equally big fool.

Remind of how far the Bulls got in 1994? This is like people trying to compare Tom Brady Pats to the 2008 Matt Cassel Pats

There's nothing in my take that was wrong or warranted your response, which tells me you are upset about me disagreeing with you on another post (my guess is pointing out that you need upperclassmen to compliment star freshmen to win titles and somehow this is "horrible" to you).

I watched both MJ and Lebron. Lebron doesn't pass the eye test at all nor does his finals record.

Yeah, if you want to ignore actual production and how many All-Star games they made.

I know you're fanboying super hard for Lebron so I'll overlook how emotional you're getting and your dismissing of reading comprehension.

Your first point was "The Warriors are tougher than any team Jordan faced in the NBA Finals."
I said, "Yeah, because the west was balanced back then and there wasn't some juggernaut." I didn't say the NBA was balanced because parity has always been the biggest issue in the NBA. I'm saying the winner of the west wasn't going to be some super team put together because that wasn't occurring back then.

I pointed out that Lebron played with more talent than MJ did yet you choose to bring up Anthony Bennett and Tristan Thompson as some "gotcha" posts to follow your "LMAO" "ROTF" nonsense.

Pretty simple with what I was saying- Lebron played with major All Stars in Irving and Love after playing with Wade and Bosh, which were better offensive talent than MJ played with.

And I used the top five pick description for his teammates to show this isn't some 2007 Cavaliers roster argument.
KingOfHotTakeFailure:

93-94 Chicago Bulls: 55-27

KingOfHotTakeFailure:

Toni Kukoc, Ron Harper.

Reactions: ~Keyser Soze~

When Jordan retired the Chicago Bulls with "less talent" went from 57 wins to 55 wins. When Lebron left Miami they went from 54 wins to 37 wins. When he left Cleveland, they they went from Eastern Conference Finals to the worst team in the NBA.

You have more faith in his teammates than any person in history.

KingOfHotTakeFailure:

93-94 Chicago Bulls: 55-27

KingOfHotTakeFailure:

Toni Kukoc, Ron Harper.

And a third seed who got bounced in the conference semi-finals.

You're a child.

Oh, and Ron Harper wasn't on the 1993-1994 Bulls. Next time you want to try and buck up on someone, don't embarrass yourself with being incorrect. And when Harper was with the MJ Bulls, here were his averages.

1995 (Jordan was only back for a little bit)- 6.9 ppg
1996-7.4 ppg
1997-6.3 ppg
1998-9.3 ppg

How is that different than Tristan Thompson type numbers? lol

Remind of how far the Bulls got in 1994? This is like people trying to compare Tom Brady Pats to the 2008 Matt Cassel Pats

There's nothing in my take that was wrong or warranted your response, which tells me you are upset about me disagreeing with you on another post (my guess is pointing out that you need upperclassmen to compliment star freshmen to win titles and somehow this is "horrible" to you).

I watched both MJ and Lebron. Lebron doesn't pass the eye test at all nor does his finals record.
94 Bulls got to Game 7 of the Conference Semi's, KingOfHotTakeFailure. What a terrible showing.

What is horrible about you, KingOfHotTakeFailure, is that you take absurdly one-sided stances supported by absurdly crafted arguments that dismiss all evidence to the contrary in an utterly absurd manner, and then try to act like it's just you being the more rational person in the argument. Like no one is supposed to notice the way you attempt to load the dice.

Some people notice, KingOfHotTakeFailure.

You're a child.

Oh, and Ron Harper wasn't on the 1993-1994 Bulls. Next time you want to try and buck up on someone, don't embarrass yourself with being incorrect. And when Harper was with the MJ Bulls, here were his averages.

1996-7.4 ppg
1997-6.3 ppg
1998-9.3 ppg

Ron Harper was a career 20 point a game scorer until he went to the loaded Bulls and had to change his role.

So now you are going straight from talent of teams they faced to "flopping". You sure that you aren't 12. Jesus christ. If he doesn't flop, he is going to try treated like Shaq did

You brought up GSW being better than any team Jordan faced. Ive never once argued GSW isnt a great team. Always said they were.

My positions...

-GSW is a powerhouse worthy of everything theyve been given.

-Lebron is a great player but cant be taken seriously in GOAT talks for me personally because all the silly flopping and theatrics.

What part of these two things are you arguing? Or are you arguing just to argue or getting mixed up who youre talking to?

Btw, did you watch the flop clips in the link I sent?

Im guessing not, because there was small to no contact on most of those. Thats whats laughable to me.

If you keep up the insults youre just going to make yourself look childish and not able to handle a conversation around here.

You're a child.

1996-7.4 ppg
1997-6.3 ppg
1998-9.3 ppg

I'm keenly aware of when Ron Harper played for the Bulls, KingOfHotTakeFailure. You failed to mention him at all, so I don't know why you assume I thought he was on the 93-94 Bulls.

What were Harper's numbers before he joined the Bulls, KingOfHotTakeFailure? Think maybe the decrease had something to do with playing a completely different role?

And a note, KingOfHotTakeFailure: defense is part of basketball.

Scottie Pippen, Ron Harper, Dennis Rodman, circa 1996= premier defensive players.

Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, circa any time you choose= not premier defensive players.

94 Bulls got to Game 7 of the Conference Semi's, KingOfHotTakeFailure. What a terrible showing.

What is horrible about you, KingOfHotTakeFailure, is that you take absurdly one-sided stances supported by absurdly crafted arguments that dismiss all evidence to the contrary in an utterly absurd manner, and then try to act like it's just you being the more rational person in the argument. Like no one is supposed to notice the way you attempt to load the dice.

Some people notice, KingOfHotTakeFailure.

LOL.

What do you take issue with exactly? I looked up old interactions between us just to see why you're so emotional and it seems you're upset because I gave Jay Wright credit and pointed out that all freshmen rosters are not successful.

And please, tell me what's so horrible about my take of saying Lebron played with more talent than MJ?

Just to break this down in its simplicity
- You tried to use 1994 as an example to dismiss Jordan's talent/contribution. A year where they got beat in the conference semis after winning the NBA Finals with Jordan the previous year and then winning again with him in his first season back in 1996. So they didn't win a single thing yet this is somehow your "proof."

LOL.

What do you take issue with exactly? I looked up old interactions between us just to see why you're so emotional and it seems you're upset because I gave Jay Wright credit and pointed out that all freshmen rosters are not successful.

And please, tell me what's so horrible about my take of saying Lebron played with more talent than MJ?

- You tried to use 1994 as an example to dismiss Jordan's talent/contribution. A year where they got beat in the conference semis after winning the NBA Finals with Jordan the previous year and then winning again with him in his first season back in 1996. So they didn't win a single thing yet this is somehow your "proof."
It's just flat out wrong.

I'm keenly aware of when Ron Harper played for the Bulls, KingOfHotTakeFailure. You failed to mention him at all, so I don't know why you assume I thought he was on the 93-94 Bulls.

What were Harper's numbers before he joined the Bulls, KingOfHotTakeFailure? Think maybe the decrease had something to do with playing a completely different role?

And a note, KingOfHotTakeFailure: defense is part of basketball.

Scottie Pippen, Ron Harper, Dennis Rodman, circa 1996= premier defensive players.

Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, circa any time you choose= not premier defensive players.

How childish are you? If you're an adult, you need counseling and a heavy dose of a male role model because you behave like a child with the wit of a banana.

How childish are you? If you're an adult, you need counseling and a heavy dose of a male role model because you behave like a child with the wit of a banana.
More Hot Takes from the King.

Please continue to bless us with your wisdom.

In reality, the only title where he was clearly the man was 2012.

Please stop.

By the way, playing with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade for a few years doesn't equate to playing with Pippen virtually your entire career or Rodman for half of it. If LeBron had played alongside Wade and Bosh for 8-9 years in their primes, you might have a point. That's like saying LeBron played with Shaq as some kind of evidence of the talent around him.

There's a telling stat I saw yesterday. The Pacers series was the 20th time LeBron has led his team in points, rebounds, and assists (maybe steals too, I forget exactly)in a playoff series. Jordan did that 7 times.

Tristan Thompson, career high averages. 11 points 9 rebounds on the 2013 24-58 Cavs and he was used as an example of the talent Lebron played with.

LOL.

No, I was upset because you did the exact same thing in that thread that you're doing here. You put together an insanely one-sided argument that completely diminished all the ways John Calipari has outperformed Jay Wright. Honestly, it was a masterpiece of an attempt to diminish the importance of everything Cal has won.

Now LeBron is Cal and Jordan is Jay Wright.

Don't make extremist, one-sided, objectively absurd arguments that allow and disallow certain facts on your whim, without expecting resistance. Because they're bad, childish, irrational arguments trying to dress up in the big-boy clothes of logic. And failing miserably.

Heres how you easily settle the MJ AND LJ debate...

-One always has to have the case made that hes the greatest.

-The other doesnt.

You can decide which is which.

That's a really terrible way to settle anything. At one point someone had to make the case the world wasn't flat while everyone else just knew it was.

New evidence comes along and changes previously held beliefs, at least among those intelligent and rational enough to observe and accept that evidence. Others scream and ignore it because it's different than what they've always known.

A whole lot of people will tell you there's *nothing* anyone can do to surpass Michael Jordan because that's the way it was when they were 14. Those people are useless to the conversation.

Tristan Thompson, career high averages. 11 points 9 rebounds on the 2013 24-58 Cavs and he was used as an example of the talent Lebron played with.

Yeah, but 11 points out of a top 5 pick is really like 25 points. Imagine how good the Cavs would be if they had kept Anthony Bennett. Can you imagine TWO number one picks on the same team?

Heres how you easily settle the MJ AND LJ debate...

-One always has to have the case made that hes the greatest.

-The other doesnt.

You can decide which is which.
Jordan didnt play in the hater generation. That has a lot to do with the argument too. Jordan lost in the first round 3 straight years and it's not an issue. Steve Kerr hit a game winner for the Finals and it's not taken as a slight against Jordan. Jordan never beat a championship team in the Finals other than the old Lakers when Kareem retired.

I think Jordan is the greatest of all time but to act like there isnt an argument for Lebron is hater stuff.

Sitting here reading the back and forth like...

giphy.gif

This is one of those arguments where you either believe A or B and there is no way anyone will be able to convince you otherwise. It's fun to argue, but also pointless. Both players are all time greats and cases can be made for both as to being the best ever. For me personally it will always be Jordan as the GOAT. The 6 for 6 in Finals appearances and overall killer attitude vs the whining and flopping for LeBron is what makes a difference for me, but that's my personal opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT