ADVERTISEMENT

Leach just said

I don’t criticize players but like to give encouragement. So I am encouraging Mitchell to remember his role and stop shooting 3,s

I've got at least 10 posts saying he never needs to shoot another 3 again, so also hope he doesn't. But he won't. He'll be left too open to pass them up and it will cost us in the tournament, I predict.

I don’t criticize players but like to give encouragement. So I am encouraging Mitchell to remember his role and stop shooting 3,s
He was around a 38% 3 point shooter (25 - 66) prior to the FL game, when his slump started. If he can get his shot going again then that really helps to open up the floor.

If Mitchell can hit one out of three we can live with it. Gotta let ‘em fly if he’s wide open. But he has been colder than a witch’s titty lately.

Reactions: catzcan
I'm fine if Mitchell wants to shoot a couple 3's tonight. We know he can hit them at a good enough clip and needs to get his groove back. Ideally tonight and not have to hope he does Saturday or next weekend. We're going to need him at some point.

Reactions: celtikat33
I say let Mitchell shoot 1 three.... misses it then stop... makes it then he can have another.. if he's shooting 1 of 2... still let him have 1 more... if its 1 for 3 at that point stop, if its 2 of 3 then have another.

Reactions: thedahc
If it’s a broken thumb , he’ll probably have it the rest of the season, right?
I just Googled it and it said a broken thumb usually takes 6-8 weeks to heal so presumably so. Hopefully it's on his non-shooting hand. Again, I think it happened at MSU (or earlier) and he seemed to do just fine in the Arkansas game.

Reactions: yoshukai
Until he gets back 100%, Mitchell needs to shoot sparingly. Once he gets his legs back and gets in game shape, he will be fine. He was shooting fine earlier in the season.

Reactions: UK_fanatic
Problem is his role was shooting threes early on and he was really good at it. He’s just lost every bit of confidence and it’s hard to watch. I’ve seen guys struggle before but there’s something different about what’s happened to him.

He was out glue early on, Bilas was calling him our most valuable player Passing, shooting rebounding. We were all thinking man what a perfect transfer for us. I understand injuries play a part but it looks like more than that be said he looks so insure of himself. Rooting like heck for good stuff to start happening for him.

Problem is his role was shooting threes early on and he was really good at it. He’s just lost every bit of confidence and it’s hard to watch. I’ve seen guys struggle before but there’s something different about what’s happened to him.

He was out glue early on, Bilas was calling him our most valuable player Passing, shooting rebounding. We were all thinking man what a perfect transfer for us. I understand injuries play a part but it looks like more than that be said he looks so insure of himself. Rooting like heck for good stuff to start happening for him.

Very similar to what happened to Kellan Grady.

I would rather him take a 3 than that weak left handed ‘shot’ in the low post that looks like he hooks his defender every time.

Imagine if Mitchell could break a dude down off a dribble, because they’re going to give him space. Mitchell is a hero this year, but I think he’s tired and enjoys playing coach just as much.

Very similar to what happened to Kellan Grady.
Great call, it is similar. Kellen was looking like Curry for a good part of last year. Mitchell carried himself like our ship captain early on. Would be great to see him remerge in the tournament, we need him and he needs it for his future. He's shown he's a player when on.

Reactions: UK_fanatic
Great call, it is similar. Kellen was looking like Curry for a good part of last year. Mitchell carried himself like our ship captain early on. Would be great to see him remerge in the tournament, we need him and he needs it for his future. He's shown he's a player when on.
This is my fear. He's shooting 3's to showcase himself for his future. If he goes 0 for 4 in an NCAA game and we lose a close game I'll vomit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT