ADVERTISEMENT

Time to cut back on the rotations

Great thread.....how to work in Mitchell (if at all ) is the last puzzle to this team.

1. 80 minutes between C and PF.
2. Now Edwards has been really dang good for a few games now....and him at the PF is when we blow teams off the floor lately. So feels like he needs at least 20 minutes a game at PF to me. Thiero is maybe our best PF defender.....I personally do not love Mitchell at the PF. His shooting has gone cold before the injury....and he is not a ball handler at the PF
3. Center gets harder and harder. Big Z, to me, is edging ahead of Ugo and Bradshaw. He has chemistry with Shep and Dilly....he stretches the floor, can handle/pass and he's altering shots finally. So to me he needs 20 minutes.

Then Bradshaw showed up today....finally. Ugo...is falling back as he's the worst by far offensively....but he's not altering shots...so when he's not...his value is a problem.

Can you grab Mitchell minutes at the Center?

I don't know how it all pans out. I'd push Ugo out of lineup as BIg Z is coming along defensively. I love 8 minute stretches of Edwards at the PF.

Great problem to have....nto sure how I'd do it.

And so would 2012 and 2015 and 2010 and 2017 probably. My point is Pitino at this point n his career couldn't recruit these players.

Pitino had to cheat and use hookers to win his vacated UL title. His peak was almost 30 years ago.
Everyone would have to cheat to recruit to UL, not a RP thing.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If Edwards had missed that three and we had lost the game, we’d be badmouthing him. I’m glad he made it, but was not a good decision.
I think the game is slowing down, he’s coming on. I’m kinda glad he shot it actually and making it will give him confidence.

Great thread.....how to work in Mitchell (if at all ) is the last puzzle to this team.

1. 80 minutes between C and PF.
2. Now Edwards has been really dang good for a few games now....and him at the PF is when we blow teams off the floor lately. So feels like he needs at least 20 minutes a game at PF to me. Thiero is maybe our best PF defender.....I personally do not love Mitchell at the PF. His shooting has gone cold before the injury....and he is not a ball handler at the PF
3. Center gets harder and harder. Big Z, to me, is edging ahead of Ugo and Bradshaw. He has chemistry with Shep and Dilly....he stretches the floor, can handle/pass and he's altering shots finally. So to me he needs 20 minutes.

Then Bradshaw showed up today....finally. Ugo...is falling back as he's the worst by far offensively....but he's not altering shots...so when he's not...his value is a problem.

Can you grab Mitchell minutes at the Center?

I don't know how it all pans out. I'd push Ugo out of lineup as BIg Z is coming along defensively. I love 8 minute stretches of Edwards at the PF.

Great problem to have....nto sure how I'd do it.
Mitchell is valuable as we all have seen many games. He’s gonna need time to work his way back in. Just don’t play him a bunch until he’s ready. If he can’t get there, let’s roll with Edwards and Z.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Mitchell & Ugo need very few minutes
Ugo is a 1/2 second behind everything and a offensive liability
Mitchell plays nonchalant and is a atrocious shooter anymore
Z is best big on both ends
3 of 4 guards all the time
Edwards can make catch and shoot jumpers
Thiero gives energy and toughness

30 minutes for Thiero is way too many.
I'm not so sure , if Z is playing Adou is by far our most physical presence , heck near our only physical presence .. hes our best rebounder . Hard not to play him for 30 . Good shot blocker . high high motor . I think he has to play

Yes it is very good to see Edwards playing much better but he was unplayable there for awhile (but yet still playing). Took two no, no, no, no, good shots today in the last 2 minutes, especially the 3 he drilled early in the shot clock with about 1:10 left up by 6.
Those no no no no shots that go in are poison .. type of stuff that gets you beat in the NCAAT .. that was a terrible decision.

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
I'm not so sure , if Z is playing Adou is by far our most physical presence , heck near our only physical presence .. hes our best rebounder . Hard not to play him for 30 . Good shot blocker . high high motor . I think he has to play
I’m ok with around 20. Maybe there are situations where he needs more minutes, but I like the way we blitz people when Edwards is at the 4 and dialed in.

Edwards at the 3 destroys the lineup construction. Edwards at the 4 is dynamic as hell. He’s a real matchup problem for other teams. He and Adou can split those mins. Unless foul trouble dictates different then Reed/Rob/Reeves/DJ get all of the 1-3 mins. Z gets somewhere around 20-25 mins (honestly I think that’s all he can handle) and Mitchell/Bradshaw/Ugo cover the rest. Mitchell gets the first nod if healthy. I know AB was really damned good yesterday, but he and Ugo just really don’t offer much consistency. And I get REALLY tired of watching Ugo clog up the lane on offense while not being able to protect the rim on defense. It happened two or three times in the game yesterday before the subs came in. That was just in the first 3-4 mins. He just doesn’t fit with this team at all.

Reactions: rob_47
Reeves, Dilly and Reed should start and play together until one gets tired or in foul trouble. Z should start and do the same but he needs a much more frequent breather . Should play about twenty minutes with other split between Ugonna and AB . Other spot probably Edward’s but Adou should get at least 15 minutes .
Mitchell is just not back to form. If he does get there he shares with Edwards and or Z .
Wagner number one sub for all three guards which means he should get more than twenty minutes a game . Do that and we cut down the nets for number nine .

Mitchell seems to be a nice young man, but he doesn't bring a lot to the table anymore. The game appears too fast for him. I just don't see anything that he does very well. He used to be good with the 3, but he hasn't shown that ability since last year. The fact that he plays below the rim doesn't help either.
Mitchell was playing hurt before going out and now he’s clearly rusty. One game back is too small of a sample size to write him off just yet. He will help us win a game still

Hilarious...everyone hated Edward's on here and wanted him stuffed at the end of the bench earlier.

What's the next great decision, coach?

Has there been a Sheppard needs to play more thread yet, even tho he's avg 35 mins a game, the most on the team
Don’t forget……Sheppard is being held back lol.

Reactions: UKBrassowTipIN
96 & 97 teams run this bunch off the court.
96 Uk - 103. This team -78. 9 out of ten games. Pitino couldn’t recruit these players? Ha. The only great player we didn’t get when he was here is because we ran out of room or something. We were literally getting every player we wanted and they were lucky we had a spot for them. I absolutely love this team and it’s one of, if not my all time favorite group of kids. Of course I wish we could have them all a few years together like the Tino days. If so then we’re talking about an all time great team I’d imagine. Saying that, I do believe they’re gelling and have a great chance to do something special this season. So fun to watch and I’m already missing them. lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT