ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker Shares Scrimmage Notes

No he’s not. And please don’t gaslight me like you usually try and do. Oscar is my 2nd or 3rd favorite player at UK of all time, but he’s not better than Davis. Statistics do not tell even half the story in sports many times. And this is definitely one of those times.

Oscar is excellent but he’s limited. AD was a defensive juggernaut and wasn’t really limited at all where it mattered. You swap AD and Oscar last season, no way we lose to St. Peters. If you can argue that you really don’t know basketball.
You talking about people gaslighting you? Interesting …….

Reactions: G-PIP
That starting five is very dangerous.
shooter, penetrator, assister, defensive stopper, size, athleticism, experience, reigning NPOTY(Generational talent-what many on here claim Cal has to have in order to win it all ie Davis in ‘12)

Possibly the most complete starting five in America.

Last edited:
shooter, penetrator, defensive stopper, size, athleticism, experience, reigning NPOTY(Generational talent-what many on here claim Cal has to have in order to win it all ie Davis in ‘12)

I agree.

But I don’t think that will be the starting five. Wallace will be in place of either Fredrick or Livingston. He is the only guy besides Wheeler that can run the PG, so in scrimmages he has to be with the second team.

My guess is Wheeler, Wallace, Livingston, Toppin, and Tshiebwe.

Agreed!

If I see one more talking-head or twitter user compare Livingston to Poythress, I think I might explode lol. He is built like Poythress, but with a MUCH better handle and shooting ability.
Are we sure about this until we see him play against higher level competition? I see a lot of similarities to poythress, specifically when it comes to ball handling. Both are very high dribblers and are very upright with the ball. Poythress could actually shoot it a little, too,

How do you know it’s all that far off? Their high school tape looks similar to me.

I love Oscar, and I think it was huge to get him back this year.
But does anyone here buy the Tucker narrative that he looks "way more athletic?"
I think Oscar is what he is at this point, and I can definitely see him improving his basketball skills like shooting etc. But I can't envision a more athletic Oscar. He's all strength, effort, heart and hustle. And he really doesn't seem to have much body fat to begin with, where he could lose it and gain speed or jumping ability. I read things like this and think the administration simply tells Tucker to put out something positive about each player and he dutifully carries it out.
Exactly what I was saying

Same reports every year just with some diffent names

Tucker is a propaganda machine....nothing more
What should his practice report be?
"Man, this team sucks! I hate the newcomers! Oscar looks like he's been eating twinkies- slow and fat and becoming just what Huggins knew he was all along. Toppin a step slower and can't make a shot. Wheeler is a walking turnover machine!"

If that would have been his report, you would have been thrilled with it! Haha!

Tucker understands one thing that Tipton will never get- UK fans (at least the ones actually hoping for a good season next year) WANT to hear the positives about the team. We don't want a negative, angry rant. It's similar to what I would love to find when I come to this board. I know there are angry people, but the reason I have ever enjoyed this message board (and there was a time when it was a daily visit and very enjoyable) is because I could talk UK ball with like-minded people, who want to talk about the team, the players, and have a positive outlook on the coming season. And that's why I've only been posting about once every couple weeks here lately. I come to see if everyone is still angry and attack any positive with 10 negative posts, and then I leave, because I think that's where we are for the foreseeable future.

"Man, this team sucks! I hate the newcomers! Oscar looks like he's been eating twinkies- slow and fat and becoming just what Huggins knew he was all along. Toppin a step slower and can't make a shot. Wheeler is a walking turnover machine!"

Tucker understands one thing that Tipton will never get- UK fans (at least the ones actually hoping for a good season next year) WANT to hear the positives about the team. We don't want a negative, angry rant. It's similar to what I would love to find when I come to this board. I know there are angry people, but the reason I have ever enjoyed this message board (and there was a time when it was a daily visit and very enjoyable) is because I could talk UK ball with like-minded people, who want to talk about the team, the players, and have a positive outlook on the coming season. And that's why I've only been posting about once every couple weeks here lately. I come to see if everyone is still angry and attack any positive with 10 negative posts, and then I leave, because I think that's where we are for the foreseeable future.
It wasn't a practice first of all, it was a scrimmage at a camp.

Drink everything in Tucker says if you want. That's the thing about it, we are allowed ( at least for now ) to have our own opinions.

I've just heard this enough to be a little guarded about it.

You feel aboutit however you wish.

If you want to take issue with what I posted, take it down. Make sure you make the kool aid drinkers on here happy.

Pretty much supports what I've been saying past 2 months, Collins will be making some 3's, enough that we won't go "Oh No, WTF!!!" when he shoots one. Toppin too.
If Toppin is shooting 3’s, then UK is in deep trouble!!!

I certainly understand your frustration, as I feel it myself.
Is there anything the other moderators and yourself can do to calm down the constant belittling, degrading, name calling, etc.?
This board is living a miserable life, and it’s a shame.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
He could possibly be the key to the season- could be a matchup problem for most teams
Thank you kywildcats8. I feel the exact same way. He has a lot of confidence in himself or wouldn't have come back. I was aggrevated last year over how short his leash was.

Reactions: dl51344
Why are you here? Why would you follow a team with a coach that can't do anything right? Surely your high school team could beat them, you are a long time coach aren't you?
Fans like Cawood and me were here long before Cal got here. Cal doesn’t walk on water like you and some others think. In fact I think u are a Ul fan. Go on back to their board and spew your crap there. They will love it.

shooter, penetrator, assister, defensive stopper, size, athleticism, experience, reigning NPOTY(Generational talent-what many on here claim Cal has to have in order to win it all ie Davis in ‘12)

Totally agree. We didn't have a real penetrating guard except Wheeler. The guard from I'll. State truly fills the bill. (I'm 78. Sometimes names slip me.) He will play a lot.

Reactions: G-PIP and jauk11

Tucker understands one thing that Tipton will never get- UK fans (at least the ones actually hoping for a good season next year) WANT to hear the positives about the team. We don't want a negative, angry rant. It's similar to what I would love to find when I come to this board. I know there are angry people, but the reason I have ever enjoyed this message board (and there was a time when it was a daily visit and very enjoyable) is because I could talk UK ball with like-minded people, who want to talk about the team, the players, and have a positive outlook on the coming season. And that's why I've only been posting about once every couple weeks here lately. I come to see if everyone is still angry and attack any positive with 10 negative posts, and then I leave, because I think that's where we are for the foreseeable I get a long with Cawood86 and I understand the points he’s trying to make as well. I’ve thought about it and I think a lot of people (I’ll even include myself in that group), aren’t thinking enough about how as a fanbase that we need to do a better job on this site supporting our players. To many threads complaining about Cal, when their needs to be more talking about the team. I would feel sorry for any of our players if they got on this board and read some of these threads right now. I think a lot of people are so angry with Cal that they forget to show any type of support for this program and that’s not good. If anyone hates Cal, that’s their right to do so, but don’t forget to show support for the players and let them know that the BBN appreciates them.
I get your point with this post and I understand Cawood86’s side of it as well. Reading this post, it’s made me think about how I wish the atmosphere on this board would change. The players on the team deserve better then this, and no matter what side of the Calipari debate that you’re on, that should be something we all should agree on. I couldn’t imagine how any UK player would feel if they read all of this negativity on here lately. They work hard and we should show on here how we appreciate what they do for our program. Some on here are huge supporters of the program but you can’t tell it because they put to much energy into bashing Cal or arguing with other people. I’m self aware enough to know that I’ve spent to much time arguing with trolls then I do supporting our team. I’ve been a fan my whole life but it would be easy for someone to overlook it because of my posts. I’m going to do better this year and I hope others try to do the same.

You know Cal’s philosophy is defense first. Don’t be surprised when Wallace starts over Fredrick because of his size, athleticism, and elite level defense.

The only reason Fredrick is on the “first team” is because Wallace is “second team” PG.
You do realize CJ was one of the top defenders in the Big 10 at one point?

That doesn’t really matter. Wallace has chance to be special and will be on the floor with Wheeler.

The bigger question is who starts with them: Livingston or Fredrick?

I’m good with three guards (Wheeler, Fredrick, Wallace), but I’m betting on Livingston to start, because of his elite athleticism and of course the fact that Fredrick is injury prone.

But once again, I love the idea of Fredrick starting. Great shooter and good defender. I am praying he can get through this season injury free.

Where did I say anyone was killing it as you say?
My take is you Cal haters and the Cal slurpers a like ruined what used to be a good board.
You seem to struggle with the difference between a complaint and true reality.

The bottom line is, Cal is not fullfilling his end of the deal, his results are well below expectations.

Also, in January, when UK rolled KU and Tennessee, this board was fired up. Cal got a ton of credit for what he was doing. I personally created threads stating Cal was doing a great job, but you keep on trying to tell everybody that we would all still complain if Cal won a title if it makes you feel better.

The only BS here is you. I used to be morg but I got banned and came back with a new little cute name.
Oh the Cardinals suck to.
I love it when you Cal pumpers try to be condescending smart asses and insult someone's intelligence, then proceed to misspell a simple word, like "too".

At least you weren't dumb enough to call him an idiot, like some others I've seen make the same mistake. So at least you can be proud of that I guess.

Reactions: RunninRichie
On a team that absolutely sucked defensively.
Iowa, under Fran, doesn't play defense, they just try to outscore their opponents.
And CJ wasn't one of the best defenders in the B10, I've never heard/read anyone say that. What HAS been stated, is "CJ was one of Iowa's best defenders" and that's a whole lot different.

I love it when you Cal pumpers try to be condescending smart asses and insult someone's intelligence, then proceed to misspell a simple word, like "too".

At least you weren't dumb enough to call him an idiot, like some others I've seen make the same mistake. So at least you can be proud of that I guess.
Sorry I'm not a Cal pumper. I said all the Cal haters and Pumpers a like ruined this board.
To too the Grammer police. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

You seem to struggle with the difference between a complaint and true reality.

The bottom line is, Cal is not fullfilling his end of the deal, his results are well below expectations.

Also, in January, when UK rolled KU and Tennessee, this board was fired up. Cal got a ton of credit for what he was doing. I personally created threads stating Cal was doing a great job, but you keep on trying to tell everybody that we would all still complain if Cal won a title if it makes you feel better.
I've been as down on Cal as anyone the last few years but when the offense was rolling last year I said I was wrong and was happy that Cal adapted. We were playing loose and everyone seemed confident. And then like clockwork when March rolls around, Cal tightens up, chokes the offense and constantly yells at his players (and assistants). I know the Cal Slurpers will come on here and make excuses about injuries but he can fill out his roster for once and try to develop guys 9-12 and then injuries won't kill the season. How many times does that have to happen before Cal learns? I can already hear the injury excuses if we have any this year because we only have 8 legit players unless Ware improves a ton.

Sorry I'm not a Cal pumper. I said all the Cal haters and Pumpers a like ruined this board.
To too the Grammer police. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.
No, you seem to have a huge problem with respecting what others have to say.
somehow, you think your takes are more important than everyone else's. Guess what, they're not. You're not that important, so get over it, or leave.

I've been as down on Cal as anyone the last few years but when the offense was rolling last year I said I was wrong and was happy that Cal adapted. We were playing loose and everyone seemed confident. And then like clockwork when March rolls around, Cal tightens up, chokes the offense and constantly yells at his players (and assistants). I know the Cal Slurpers will come on here and make excuses about injuries but he can fill out his roster for once and try to develop guys 9-12 and then injuries won't kill the season. How many times does that have to happen before Cal learns? I can already hear the injury excuses if we have any this year because we only have 8 legit players unless Ware improves a ton.
Very well said.

I will agree that injuries took the wind out of the teams sails, but he had guys that wanted to step up, he just didn't let them and to lose to SP when he had Oscar down low, a dead eye shooter, a high flying 4 (that he parked on the bench and forgot about) and Wheeler at point, he showed just how mediocre he is as a coach.

Some of these guys get hung up on the fact Cal is in the HOF, well, he's not in there because he's a great game/bench coach. He's in there because UK gave him the stage and he WAS a great recruiter. The Cal we have now, is no HOFer.

No, you seem to have a huge problem with respecting what others have to say.
somehow, you think your takes are more important than everyone else's. Guess what, they're not. You're not that important, so get over it, or leave.
I'll leave when I want to. So you're some tough guy now telling everyone to leave?
Shouldn't you be somewhere trying to plan out your offense that shoots 50 threes every game?
You know since you seem to think you are the most important person ever. And you seem to think shooting 50 threes a game is the ONLY way to go.
If I wanted to see a game of horse I'd watch the NBA.
Threes and a taking 5 steps to the basket running over everyone and the player getting ran over is called for the foul not Chinabron.
28,000 posts. Maybe get outside more and enjoy life?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT