ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker Shares Scrimmage Notes

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Doesn't mean much, but it's June and what else is there to talk about.

Tucker shared notes from someone who got to watch a Bahamas practice.

Interesting first 5 [smoke]
Wheeler
Frederick
Livingston
Toppin
Oscar

I will be ecstatic if Livingston is already seen as a starting option, means he is as good as I was thinking/hoping he was. Also mentioned his 3point shooting.

Collins shooting 3s.

Wallace top notch.

Reeves is "smooth".

Full tweet below.

So, to sum up, the NPOY looks way more athletic than last year, the incoming freshman PG is a "very athletic blur," one of the Top Five shooters in the country, according to one recent national publication, is back in action, the other incoming freshman is a "tank," the starting 4 is "stupid athletic" and executing 360 dunks off pick-and-rolls, and the incoming transfer looks "very tall and very smooth."

Naturally, the first two responses to that would be a whiny criticism and cynicism.

So, to sum up, the NPOY looks way more athletic than last year, the incoming freshman PG is a "very athletic blur," one of the Top Five shooters in the country, according to one recent national publication, is back in action, the other incoming freshman is a "tank," the starting 4 is "stupid athletic" and executing 360 dunks off pick-and-rolls, and the incoming transfer looks "very tall and very smooth."

Naturally, the first two responses to that would be a whiny criticism and cynicism.
Naturally yours is to gulp down the kool aid like a fiend

*Sigh*

We are a pretty miserable fanbase.

Every single thread has to just be bogged down by the same negative people.

I read this tweet, and got excited, as any normal fan would.

Even though it's June and meaningless and yeah we hear it every year, I don't care! I can't wait for Kentucky Basketball to start again.

Can't wait to watch the Bahamas games!

But we can't have a single nice thread on here, everything is spun negatively, otherwise you're a "Cal Slurper" or part of the "Cult".

Can't we be frustrated about the last 2 seasons without it having to consume every single thread?

Well to be fair, we had 2 amazing rosters on the bench in 2015. And we managed to f that up, so…color me skeptical.

Well to be fair, we had 2 amazing rosters on the bench in 2015. And we managed to f that up, so…color me skeptical.
38-1. Lost to a #1 seed in the Final Four that had five NBA players on the roster, way more experience than Kentucky and was returning most everybody from a Final Four run the year before . For those reasons, Wisconsin was only a 4 point underdog. But yeah, go through the rest of your life citing that team as one that "f...ed up."

I've been a Kentucky fan since 1966, and nothing until death will make me stop. But this generation of entitled, whiny ingrates makes it less fun than ever before.

*Sigh*

Even though it's June and meaningless and yeah we hear it every year, I don't care! I can't wait for Kentucky Basketball to start again.

But we can't have a single nice thread on here, everything is spun negatively, otherwise you're a "Cal Slurper" or part of the "Cult".

Can't we be frustrated about the last 2 seasons without it having to consume every single thread?

The fanbase isn't miserable at all. Only the people that are already miserable about other things not related to UK basketball are miserable.

Calbois circling the wagons.

But again, and I'm asking honestly....why does anyone who shows ANY excitement about next season get labeled by a certain small group of posters as "fan boys" or "slurpers" or whatever other nicknames they've come up with.

I'm genuinely asking, not trying to get into an argument or anything, I'm just genuinely curious.

Why can't people be frustrated about the last 2 seasons, but ALSO excited about Kentucky basketball and the team we have coming in this year?

You and a small group of other very vocal posters on here seem to think those two things are mutually exclusive which I just don't quite understand?

Again, not trying to start an argument, just curious.

But again, and I'm asking honestly....why does anyone who shows ANY excitement about next season get labeled by a certain small group of posters as "fan boys" or "slurpers" or whatever other nicknames they've come up with.

I'm genuinely asking, not trying to get into an argument or anything, I'm just genuinely curious.

Why can't people be frustrated about the last 2 seasons, but ALSO excited about Kentucky basketball and the team we have coming in this year?

You and a small group of other very vocal posters on here seem to think those two things are mutually exclusive which I just don't quite understand?

We could say the same thing about the small group who calls people miserable and must have a miserable life if they dare to be negative about UK.

Well, for one, the “negative” people get shit on constantly too. I’m not negative or positive, I’m a realist. I call it like I see it. If that makes me look “negative” in peoples eyes than they need to wake up.

To your question, who cares? Why do you care if people agree with you or not, you know?

Last edited by a moderator:
We could say the same thing about the small group who calls people miserable and must have a miserable life if they dare to be negative about UK.

And that's fair enough, which is why I choose not to come up with weird nicknames for people who disagree with me.

This board has a small group of people who are "toxically positive" and jump down anyone's throats who might question Cal or show an ounce of negativity, and a different group who are "toxically negative" who just immediately crush and name-call anyone who shows an ounce of positivity.

They're both just bad for the board and make every thread unbearable, and they're both unrealistic.

We had a historically bad season 2 years ago.

We had an incredible season with a historically amazing NPOY on our team, and a historically bad ending this past season.

We have a fun, talented, exciting group that will almost certainly be top 10-15 the majority of the season next year, AND will be mentioned in the favorites to make a FF and/or cut down the nets, OR they lose in the 2nd round.

But there's nothing wrong with being excited.

It doesn't have to be all good or all bad.

And yes, I agree @SosaUK87, I find you to be pretty measured on here, and I see you get crushed by both sides from time to time, which is kind of my point. Reasonable people shouldn't be shouted at from both sides for simply being....reasonable.

I'm not going to get involved in all the negative stuff here but you have to at least a little bit understand the side eyeing of this. It's the same tweet every year. Everyone is awesome, everything is awesome. Maybe it is. We'll see!

I'm not going to get involved in all the negative stuff here but you have to at least a little bit understand the side eyeing of this. It's the same tweet every year. Everyone is awesome, everything is awesome. Maybe it is. We'll see!

Oh for sure!

Which is why I said in the OP that it doesn't mean much, it's only June, but we literally have nothing else to talk about so let's talk haha.

The thing that stood out to me the most was Livingston already getting run with the first team. I have very high-hopes for him, I think he's kinda the "forgotten" member of this team sometimes, him and Collins.

Oh for sure!

Which is why I said in the OP that it doesn't mean much, it's only June, but we literally have nothing else to talk about so let's talk haha.

The thing that stood out to me the most was Livingston already getting run with the first team. I have very high-hopes for him, I think he's kinda the "forgotten" member of this team sometimes, him and Collins.
I kind of figured Livingston would start unless we decided to run out a 3 guard lineup of CJ, Wheeler, and Wallace. I don't know who else would start at the 3.

I kind of figured Livingston would start unless we decided to run out a 3 guard lineup of CJ, Wheeler, and Wallace. I don't know who else would start at the 3.

I was thinking
Wheeler
Wallace
CJ

Shoot, I wondered if Reeves would even get an early nod over Livingston or Wallace because of his college experience and all that. If Livingston is already outshining an experienced guy who was a 20+ PPG wing scorer, that bodes well.

But, again, this all means very little, but Bahamas will probably be very telling.

I wonder if those will all be televised again.

Reactions: Cat in ga
*Sigh*

Use the ignore button. I don't know what posts your talking about.

I got so many people in there. And I don't ever miss anything important.

It's not that I can't read negative posts. But there are some who you can tell, this is their online thing. "I'm the jackass that always posts something terrible to get attention because I have nothing to contribute the world" Hit ignore, and you will be better and then you won't reply to them and then the whole board gets better.

*Sigh*

It’s the same 4-5 posters. Ever. Single. Time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT