ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker Shares Scrimmage Notes

Same reports every year just with some diffent names

Ticker is a propaganda machine....nothing more
This, Will they ever learn? This season is gonna be just like the last 4. Cal screaming, no shooters, losing games we should be winning, losing the SEC, losing the SECT, round of 16... Stall ball, not playing the best players, blah Blaha blah.. no zone, no zone defense, no inbound play no inbounds defense. blah blah blah... CCC lying to the fans, CCC not answering the questions asked. on and on... same O same O... but every year these mid June reports make us sound like... Well, like Dook!

And that's fair enough, which is why I choose not to come up with weird nicknames for people who disagree with me.

This board has a small group of people who are "toxically positive" and jump down anyone's throats who might question Cal or show an ounce of negativity, and a different group who are "toxically negative" who just immediately crush and name-call anyone who shows an ounce of positivity.

They're both just bad for the board and make every thread unbearable, and they're both unrealistic.

We had a historically bad season 2 years ago.

We had an incredible season with a historically amazing NPOY on our team, and a historically bad ending this past season.

We have a fun, talented, exciting group that will almost certainly be top 10-15 the majority of the season next year, AND will be mentioned in the favorites to make a FF and/or cut down the nets, OR they lose in the 2nd round.

But there's nothing wrong with being excited.

It doesn't have to be all good or all bad.

And yes, I agree @SosaUK87, I find you to be pretty measured on here, and I see you get crushed by both sides from time to time, which is kind of my point. Reasonable people shouldn't be shouted at from both sides for simply being....reasonable.
I agree with pretty much all of this . The exception being, I don’t consider not winning the SEC regular season , the SEC tournament, losing our all time wins record, and losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament as an “ incredible “ season. I do think you are a fair and rational poster however.

I'm excited but temper expectations when it comes to reports about individual skill development. While I can understand gradual improvement it's only been about 3 mos for these guys to work on their game.

I tend to think most of the improvement stems from building more confidence. Hopefully the remaining summer workouts and the Bahamas trip are a springboard into the season.

Same reports every year just with some diffent names

Ticker is a propaganda machine....nothing more
Cawood, who peed in your Cornflakes?
What a miserable thing to say.

You log on to a UK site and complain about the info?

If this team won the title some here would have something to bitch about.
Well it's great we won the title and all but next year's team is going to suck or.
Cal finally won another title. Hopefully the loser will retire now.
Some of the most miserable fans ever.

Total bullshit and void of any reality of what that would look like. A second title puts Calipari in the top tier historically. How many people complained in 2012? That’s right, zero. Go back and look.

Theres a few of you who just want to throw tantrums at fans instead of looking at Calipari and admitting he’s not performing his job. It’s that simple.

Cawood, who peed in your Cornflakes?
What a miserable thing to say.

You log on to a UK site and complain about the info?

Its the same info tucker has been putting out for a while and rarely does it come to fruition. The guy said last year Brooks was going to be one of the best shooters we’ve seen. Lol.

It’s fluff stuff because Calipari gives him info over Jones now.

Not everyone has to agree that things are fine and not everyone has to believe Tucker is giving out correct information.

@michaeluk26 if you’d ever like to exchange numbers or even emails first I’d love to shoot the shot with ya and give you someone else to talk to.

Total bullshit and void of any reality of what that would look like. A second title puts Calipari in the top tier historically. How many people complained in 2012? That’s right, zero. Go back and look.

Theres a few of you who just want to throw tantrums at fans instead of looking at Calipari and admitting he’s not performing his job. It’s that simple.
The only BS here is you. I used to be morg but I got banned and came back with a new little cute name.
Oh the Cardinals suck to.

Reactions: John Barleycorn
This is bullsh*t. You act like Cal has been killing it. The list of failures since halftime of the 2015 FF game, is pretty damn large.
He went 9-16 for Christ sake. Blamed everything, but himself. Talked down to the fans, like it was our fault. How dare we question him.
Lost the all time wins lead and the all time NCAAT wins lead.
But you're acting like Cal is doing a great job. He’s not and the things some of us said were going to happen if Cal kept going with his NBA first attitude, are coming true and then some.
Wake the F up dude.
Where did I say anyone was killing it as you say?
My take is you Cal haters and the Cal slurpers a like ruined what used to be a good board.

Reactions: coachcombs57
I agree with pretty much all of this . The exception being, I don’t consider not winning the SEC regular season , the SEC tournament, losing our all time wins record, and losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament as an “ incredible “ season. I do think you are a fair and rational poster however.

I agree on this. It was a good season, but I'd put it below the Ulis/Murray team in 16 that went in as a 4 seed, but at least won the SEC reg season and tournament, but maybe higher than the 18 team that won the SEC tourney too, but wasn't all that good most of the year. 19 didn't win either but did make it to the Elite 8.

I do think the 22 team was better than the team in 16, but they didn't produce any hardware.

I'd go 12, 15, 10, 11, 14, 17 in a class by themselves....then 19, 20, 16, 22, 18....then 13, 21.

I agree on this. It was a good season, but I'd put it below the Ulis/Murray team in 16 that went in as a 4 seed, but at least won the SEC reg season and tournament, but maybe higher than the 18 team that won the SEC tourney too, but wasn't all that good most of the year. 19 didn't win either but did make it to the Elite 8.

I do think the 22 team was better than the team in 16, but they didn't produce any hardware.

I'd go 12, 15, 10, 11, 14, 17 in a class by themselves....then 19, 20, 16, 22, 18....then 13, 21.

I do not even think I can rank 22 above 2018. 2018 at least won the SEC Tourney and made the Sweet 16....so that is a slight tie breaker for me. The funny thing is in mid-February we had people on here talking about this was one of UK's best 3 or 4 teams under Calipari and then the bottom fell out and it can be argued they are the 11th worst of his 13th teams based on conference and post season success or lack thereof in this case.

Well to be fair, we had 2 amazing rosters on the bench in 2015. And we managed to f that up, so…color me skeptical.
The chances of any team, no matter how stacked or who is coaching them is always skeptical. Go read the Kansas forums after the cats shallacked their ass at home last year. Only one guy out of like 50 thought they could do anything when March rolled around. We know what happened after. There is plenty to be excited about if you’re a UK fan.

Reactions: jauk11
I believe this up coming team will play fast and loose when we see them in August and during the first part of the season and look good ;then, as always, Cal will start yelling and trying to micro manage each payer on the court, playing the starting 5 to the breaking point. Yes ,we will have a good team but that is not what concerns me.

I was thinking
Wheeler
Wallace
CJ

Shoot, I wondered if Reeves would even get an early nod over Livingston or Wallace because of his college experience and all that. If Livingston is already outshining an experienced guy who was a 20+ PPG wing scorer, that bodes well.

But, again, this all means very little, but Bahamas will probably be very telling.

I wonder if those will all be televised again.
I think with Livingston it will be his overall skill, intangibles, and motor that keep him on the floor. He is a team first guy unlike Brooks who was a black hole at times. Livingston is what Whitney should have been imo. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice his handle and shot looked in the all star games. Hopefully it translates to college

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
I love Oscar, and I think it was huge to get him back this year.
But does anyone here buy the Tucker narrative that he looks "way more athletic?"
I think Oscar is what he is at this point, and I can definitely see him improving his basketball skills like shooting etc. But I can't envision a more athletic Oscar. He's all strength, effort, heart and hustle. And he really doesn't seem to have much body fat to begin with, where he could lose it and gain speed or jumping ability. I read things like this and think the administration simply tells Tucker to put out something positive about each player and he dutifully carries it out.

This, Will they ever learn? This season is gonna be just like the last 4. Cal screaming, no shooters, losing games we should be winning, losing the SEC, losing the SECT, round of 16... Stall ball, not playing the best players, blah Blaha blah.. no zone, no zone defense, no inbound play no inbounds defense. blah blah blah... CCC lying to the fans, CCC not answering the questions asked. on and on... same O same O... but every year these mid June reports make us sound like... Well, like Dook!
Bout time for you to change teams. Maybe the Dukesters?

Oh, and change your name too, please.

No, how about you just start a real basketball thread that has substance, you, as I have said before, bring absolutely nothing of value to any discussion. You just wait to shit on every poster that brings up anything that could be construed as a potential negative for the team.
I don’t start threads. I don’t need attention I call it like I see it. If that bothers you then maybe I hit the target.

I believe this up coming team will play fast and loose when we see them in August and during the first part of the season and look good ;then, as always, Cal will start yelling and trying to micro manage each payer on the court, playing the starting 5 to the breaking point. Yes ,we will have a good team but that is not what concerns me.
This. His ass tightens up, he plays favorites to the detriment of the team, and I'm convinced he makes some players headcases. I have seen nothing to think the pre-2015 season Calipari is coming back, and that is the reason many of us aren't on the rah rah bandwagon right now. A pattern has evolved here, that doesn't ring well for our future sucess. We are stuck in the proverbial definition of insanity because of asinine lifetime contracts. I hope he proves us wrong, I just don't see it. Love our players. Hate our yearly reoccurring Calipari Groundhog day.

I think with Livingston it will be his overall skill, intangibles, and motor that keep him on the floor. He is a team first guy unlike Brooks who was a black hole at times. Livingston is what Whitney should have been imo. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice his handle and shot looked in the all star games. Hopefully it translates to college

Agreed!

If I see one more talking-head or twitter user compare Livingston to Poythress, I think I might explode lol. He is built like Poythress, but with a MUCH better handle and shooting ability.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT