ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker Shares Scrimmage Notes

I’d like to see this team turn things around. Get to the final four and get our program back to an elite level. If this team can stay healthy, we have a chance to have a special season. I think people are undervaluing how significant it is having good veteran players returning.

I'll leave when I want to. So you're some tough guy now telling everyone to leave?
Shouldn't you be somewhere trying to plan out your offense that shoots 50 threes every game?
You know since you seem to think you are the most important person ever. And you seem to think shooting 50 threes a game is the ONLY way to go.
If I wanted to see a game of horse I'd watch the NBA.
Threes and a taking 5 steps to the basket running over everyone and the player getting ran over is called for the foul not Chinabron.
28,000 posts. Maybe get outside more and enjoy life?
He tries to be a bully. Doesn’t work though.

The bigger question is who starts with them: Livingston or Fredrick?
What about Reeves? I think he's a better SF right now than both of them. "Think," of course, is the operative word; but based on the couple of games I've watched and videos of games and highlights, I'd be willing to bet on that.

I don't think Reeves is a star, and I don't think he has a whole lot more upside, but between the three of them he currently has much more of the skill set I would want in a SF. I think he's likely the 2nd best shooter on the team - and can take perimeter shots off the dribble or catch-and-shoot, both without having to have a ton of room. He's also a good ball-handler and driver. He may need to be a better defender, but he certainly has the length and athleticism to do the job.

What about Reeves? I think he's a better SF right now than both of them. "Think," of course, is the operative word; but based on the couple of games I've watched and videos of games and highlights, I'd be willing to bet on that.

I don't think Reeves is a star, and I don't think he has a whole lot more upside, but between the three of them he currently has much more of the skill set I would want in a SF. I think he's likely the 2nd best shooter on the team - and can take perimeter shots off the dribble or catch-and-shoot, both without having to have a ton of room. He's also a good ball-handler and driver. He may need to be a better defender, but he certainly has the length and athleticism to do the job.
I think he is in the mix.

We will know more in August.

Right now I say it’s between Wallace and Fredrick, because defensively I don’t know what Reeves brings. He hasn’t handled an entire season of going against P5 level players every game. How well does he adjust to SEC play, especially on defense? Fredrick has played in the Big 10, and Wallace is an elite level athlete known for his defense.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and G-PIP
I'll leave when I want to. So you're some tough guy now telling everyone to leave?
Shouldn't you be somewhere trying to plan out your offense that shoots 50 threes every game?
You know since you seem to think you are the most important person ever. And you seem to think shooting 50 threes a game is the ONLY way to go.
If I wanted to see a game of horse I'd watch the NBA.
Threes and a taking 5 steps to the basket running over everyone and the player getting ran over is called for the foul not Chinabron.
28,000 posts. Maybe get outside more and enjoy life?
Show me a post where I said UK should shoot 50 threes. You won't, because I never said that. What I DID say is UK should run a modern offense and utilize the 3 point shot tothe tune of around 20 attempts per game. Which is exactly what Cal said he wanted to see. So what's the issue other than you making up false crap?

Also, I never said I was more important thananybody, this is a message board and everybody has an opinion, you're no different, but you should drop your little hall monitor badge and quit attacking others because they don't share your same views.

Nahhh, I like my team, its the coach I cant stand. it ain't my fault Dooks been better recently because they had a real coach. Some people dont like reality, that aint my fault either.

It's funny because Duke and Kentucky have had almost identical success since 2015.

The only difference is that Duke made a run this March and we didn't...besides that, the last 7 years for both programs has been almost identical.

Duke since 2015
181 wins
1 Final Four
2 Elite Eights
1 Sweet Sixteen
1 1st/2nd round exit
1 horrific season where they didn't make NCAA Tournament OR the NIT
ONE regular season conference championship since 2015

Kentucky since 2015
178 wins
0 Final Fours
2 Elite Eights
2 Sweet Sixteens
1 1st/2nd round exit
3 regular season conference championships since 2015

Seems pretty similar to me.....you were saying?

Last edited:
It's funny because Duke and Kentucky have had almost identical success since 2015.

The only difference is that Duke made a run this March and we didn't...besides that, the last 7 years for both programs has been almost identical.

Duke since 2015
181 wins
1 Final Four
2 Elite Eights
1 Sweet Sixteen
1 1st/2nd round exit

Kentucky since 2015
178 wins
0 Final Fours
2 Elite Eights
2 Sweet Sixteens
1 1st/2nd round exit

You see facts are not on their side.

The only BS here is you. I used to be morg but I got banned and came back with a new little cute name.
Oh the Cardinals suck to.
The only BS here is you. I used to be morg but I got banned and came back with a new little cute name.
Oh the Cardinals suck to.

If you can read my post and this is the response you choose then you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. What are you 12?

And you’re a Reds fan saying the Cardinals suck. I see you lack in self awareness too.

And quit acting like you’re some middle man. You’re a hot headed Cal pump that gets kissed off anytime someone doesn’t think he’s performing his job. Try being a UK fan, if you are one.

Bout time for you to change teams. Maybe the Dukesters?

Oh, and change your name too, please.

Why would a guy that actually wants UK to have a coach who wins need to change teams? Mirror, place yourself in front of it and repeat the post to yourself but instead of a winning team insert Louisville. It’s more your pace

I’d rather people that coddle losing not be a part of BBN. We have standards to protect.

Reactions: bigbluedon

Duke since 2015
181 wins
1 Final Four
2 Elite Eights
1 Sweet Sixteen
1 1st/2nd round exit

Kentucky since 2015
178 wins
0 Final Fours
2 Elite Eights
2 Sweet Sixteens
1 1st/2nd round exit

You forgot that Duke isn’t losing the all time winds spot - isn’t getting curb stomped by rivals yearly, isn’t losing at home to programs like Evansville and Richmond, can beat Notre Dame, and isn’t getting beat by 30+ points to us. That’s the other way around. They also don’t have a horrid top 25 win loss record since 2015 either.

Y’all can keep trying this technique but it ain’t working. And there’s also a BIG difference in an extra final four and CHAMPIONSHIP that they won in the year 2015. It doesn’t make sense to go down this road it looks ridiculous and something we used to mock Louisville for.

Duke also promotes their program over individuals, doesn’t have Sharpe fiascos, and is beating the brakes off UK on the recruiting trail.

You’re leaving a lot on the table to diminish this.

My lord this is reaching absurd levels. You’re an okay poster my man but call it what it is. We are Kentucky. Accepting out results because we can’t accept a coach isn’t the right fit anymore is not how we’re supposed to operate.

If you can read my post and this is the response you choose then you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. What are you 12?

And you’re a Reds fan saying the Cardinals suck. I see you lack in self awareness too.

And quit acting like you’re some middle man. You’re a hot headed Cal pump that gets kissed off anytime someone doesn’t think he’s performing his job. Try being a UK fan, if you are one.
Are you a UK fan? If so why have mlb players on you're avatar?
I've probably been a UK fan longer than you've been alive.

Show me a post where I said UK should shoot 50 threes. You won't, because I never said that. What I DID say is UK should run a modern offense and utilize the 3 point shot tothe tune of around 20 attempts per game. Which is exactly what Cal said he wanted to see. So what's the issue other than you making up false crap?

Also, I never said I was more important thananybody, this is a message board and everybody has an opinion, you're no different, but you should drop your little hall monitor badge and quit attacking others because they don't share your same views.
My views are this. I don't give two shits who the UK coach is. They could fire Cal today and I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep.
Like I have said over and over. I'm a UK fan. I'm not a fan of coaches but I'm a fan of the players and teams.
I just don't get this board at all hating a man that 90% here has never even spoken to .
I in turn don't get people like this ED guy running to defend him.
Most here are on one side or the other. They hate Cal or they slurp him.
90% of the posts are about the coach.
I used to really enjoy conversations on here.
Hell you and I have had a few good ones. @Gromcat aka Morg have as well.. When we were discussing players or the games.
To hell with this coach. I don't hate him or love him. I get that he is in charge and is going to be talked about. But does it have to be 90% of the content here ? It's ruined what used to be a great place.
That's my take. I'm done talking about it.
Hopefully we can discuss a lot of UK wins this coming season.
GO BIG BLUE!

• Love
Reactions: CatTough
Are you a UK fan? If so why have mlb players on you're avatar?
I've probably been a UK fan longer than you've been alive.

Im sure you have. I think though, you might want to take a stroll into western, Ky. It’s all STL brother. Nearly half the state are STL fans lol. I don’t know why you keep peddling this kind of obvious nonsense.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I’d like to see this team turn things around. Get to the final four and get our program back to an elite level. If this team can stay healthy, we have a chance to have a special season. I think people are undervaluing how significant it is having good veteran players returning.
Not only the experience but having a NPOTY returning is uber rare as well. Not since UNCs Hansborough in 2008 has a NPOTY returned to college.
Plus, we have not one but two Mickey Ds AAs comng in.
This team will probably be preseason #1 in the AP poll with a great shot at getting back to the FF and then winning the thing.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
My views are this. I don't give two shits who the UK coach is. They could fire Cal today and I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep.
Like I have said over and over. I'm a UK fan. I'm not a fan of coaches but I'm a fan of the players and teams.
I just don't get this board at all hating a man that 90% here has never even spoken to .
I in turn don't get people like this ED guy running to defend him.
Most here are on one side or the other. They hate Cal or they slurp him.
90% of the posts are about the coach.
I used to really enjoy conversations on here.
Hell you and I have had a few good ones. @Gromcat aka Morg have as well.. When we were discussing players or the games.
To hell with this coach. I don't hate him or love him. I get that he is in charge and is going to be talked about. But does it have to be 90% of the content here ? It's ruined what used to be a great place.
That's my take. I'm done talking about it.
Hopefully we can discuss a lot of UK wins this coming season.
GO BIG BLUE!
I defend the coach, team, and university. I’ve said 100 times if Cal leaves tomorrow I will support the new coach 100% and with the same vigor. I also don’t dwell on the past and on things I can’t change. I was as disappointed and any person alive the way last season ended. But after a week I got over it. And when next year starts I’ll be just as fired up as ever.

That doesn’t really matter. Wallace has chance to be special and will be on the floor with Wheeler.

The bigger question is who starts with them: Livingston or Fredrick?

I’m good with three guards (Wheeler, Fredrick, Wallace), but I’m betting on Livingston to start, because of his elite athleticism and of course the fact that Fredrick is injury prone.

But once again, I love the idea of Fredrick starting. Great shooter and good defender. I am praying he can get through this season injury free.
I'm a big Livingston fan and have some personal ties to him but still feel CJ will start. His combination of experience and scoring (not just shooting) is something Cal will want on the floor for more minutes. Chris is built for the come off the bench junk man energy guy his first year.

I'm a big Livingston fan and have some personal ties to him but still feel CJ will start. His combination of experience and scoring (not just shooting) is something Cal will want on the floor for more minutes. Chris is built for the come off the bench junk man energy guy his first year.
I would be good with that. My concern is Fredrick’s health.

BTW, you said, “first year” in your post. Are you implying that he plans to be here more than just one year?

*Sigh*

We are a pretty miserable fanbase.

Every single thread has to just be bogged down by the same negative people.

I read this tweet, and got excited, as any normal fan would.

Even though it's June and meaningless and yeah we hear it every year, I don't care! I can't wait for Kentucky Basketball to start again.

Can't wait to watch the Bahamas games!

But we can't have a single nice thread on here, everything is spun negatively, otherwise you're a "Cal Slurper" or part of the "Cult".

Can't we be frustrated about the last 2 seasons without it having to consume every single thread?
Doesn't that just mean it's time for a change at the top?

Reactions: bookerfan66
I have this person on ignore. But it of course never happened.
Two lies in one sentence, couple that with you continuing to post after losing a ban bet, really makes you look so much worse than you already did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT