ADVERTISEMENT

*****KU vs UK official game thread******

I can’t tell if you’re just being obtuse. Again, you'd rather have less talented but more experienced players on December 1. On April 1, you want the team with the 3 lottery picks. This isn’t hard, we’ve seen it repeatedly.

havent seen april in over 5 years. in basketball obviously. whats that like again?

Cal mentioning that we can't bring up the ball. Have to imagine were gonna see less Askew if he makes these mistakes.

I'm fair, I'll call Cal on it. Askew needs to see, and we need to run with Mintz. Mintz doesn't need 14 points and 7 assista a game.. he just can't have 5 turnovers and 1 assist. You don't need to be exceptional as a PG here.. you just can't suck ass.

Askew should’ve stayed in HS.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Listen to Cal. His “I’m care free regardless” tone after getting his ass handed to him over and over. His salesman bullshit.

Eventually his results are going to matter. He’s making too much money. Keep it up Cal.

His comments that he loves these kind of games is insulting to our fan base. Who tf wants to watch that garbage. Yea that was real fun Cal. We just had a blast watching your unprepared team lose to an equally unprepared Kansas team.

I wanted to rip my eyes out watching this offense. But hey "they are young"

A coach willing to adapt looks at his talent and has them play accordingly. Year in and year out we have the best collection of athletes in the country. Why wouldn’t you pressure teams and turn them over? Use the depth you’ve accumulated? Turn defense into offense. Cal would rather grind it in the half court because he’s gonna by god prove to everybody he’s a great tactician.

Reactions: morgousky
I guess Calipari will pounce on the UK fans that wanted to see UK play a tougher schedule. No Coach, we get tired of watching you beat up on podunkU teams AT RUPP. You played Kansas tonight in INDY and LOST! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, this team is young...

His comments that he loves these kind of games is insulting to our fan base. Who tf wants to watch that garbage. Yea that was real fun Cal. We just had a blast watching your unprepared team lose to an equally unprepared Kansas team.

I wanted to rip my eyes out watching this offense. But hey "they are young"

Hit the little down arrow under your name and your responses make sense.

Askew should’ve stayed in HS.

I think Askew was an attempt to get a 2 or 3 year player. That's what he is. There is zero chance he's 1AD. Maybe he transfers, but he's not going to the NBA.

What remains to be seen, is how much Cal plays him. He did pull him quicker than say, a Wall or a Murray. But he needs to realize that he is not ready for prime time. Check back in a month on Askew and see where he's at.

We'll see in the next few games. Cal deserves a lot of blame if he doesn't sit him, if he continues sloppy play.

Reactions: BassProCat
Kansas shoots 30% and only made 5 three point shots all night and still beats us. Anyone using that “but they're #7 and we’re just young” card should never watch basketball of any kind on any level, even little league, ever again.

Reactions: morgousky
I think Askew was an attempt to get a 2 or 3 year player. That's what he is. There is zero chance he's 1AD. Maybe he transfers, but he's not going to the NBA.

What remains to be seen, is how much Cal plays him. He did pull him quicker than say, a Wall or a Murray. But he needs to realize that he is not ready for prime time. Check back in a month on Askew and see where he's at.

We'll see in the next few games. Cal deserves a lot of blame if he doesn't sit him, if he continues sloppy play.

Man come on, Cal doesn’t want him here 3 years. If that even came close to happening Askew would transfer. At this point he looks like transfer bait anyway.

Reactions: MbergCat
Man come on, Cal doesn’t want him here 3 years. If that even came close to happening Askew would transfer. At this point he looks like transfer bait anyway.

I think its too early to make that call.. and I think the loss tonight coupled with taking Percs has you a little on edge.

How ANYONE on here can act like everything is fine...like they see anything on this team that gets them excited for March, is beyond me.

I think the talent on this team is a lot to be excited about. It’s dampened though by the realization that Cal will not change his style of play.

No doubt on the multi year player.

But When you pick up your dribble at half court and hold the ball in one hand above your head and just let the defender tap it out of your hand and you stand there and look at the bench like hey why did he knock it out of my hand like that...it’s time for you not to start this year and minutes get taken away. Only wayyou play is you earn minutes in practice and then maybe you can get 10+ min as a back up.

Agree. He needs to play. To learn from his mistakes he needs to play. Where does it say that he has to start every game and play 25-30 minutes to learn from them. Isn't that why Mintz was brought in? To take pressure of Askew and allow him to learn how to play the college game.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Yeah. Kids should win every year against men. Whiner. You know NOTHING of our history.
Ok boss. Decaf next time this late. Whatever you say. Like I said, you don't know me. Far as history goes, UK has never been anybody's bitch, and it shouldn't start now. Wanna be the best program in history? Then be it. And this ain't it!

Reactions: Oneandnotdone38
I think its too early to make that call.. and I think the loss tonight coupled with taking Percs has you a little on edge.

I think you've been around long enough to know Cal isn't recruiting a guard to hang around 3 years. I mean we're recruiting over Askew as we're speaking so, I think it's fairly understandable.

Honestly, I'd say Askew is 50/50 for transfer at best right now.

But When you pick up your dribble at half court and hold the ball in one hand above your head and just let the defender tap it out of your hand and you stand there and look at the bench like hey why did he knock it out of my hand like that...it’s time for you not to start this year and minutes get taken away. Only wayyou play is you earn minutes in practice and then maybe you can get 10+ min as a back up.

100%. I dont think Cal is going to be as lenient with an already non-1AD recruit as some here think, but maybe I'm wrong.

I also don't think Askew CANT get going in a month, either. He was clearly dear in head lights.

We'll see. I dont think Cal is going to roll out Askew for 25 minutes next game, if were running the risk of going 1-3.

How ANYONE on here can act like everything is fine...like they see anything on this team that gets them excited for March, is beyond me.
Of course everything is not “fine”. We’re a hot mess right now. By March, we’ll be one of the better teams in the country. And no one outside this board will remember or care that we were awful early. 118-84, was there a more deflating game in UK history? That team looked like the definition of mediocre, or worse. By the time we played #1 Tennessee at home in mid February, we looked like the best team in the country.

Reactions: crawfords corner

[laughing] That shouldn't be funny but it is. Nice point BPC! Basic BB One OH MY One!

Ok boss. Decaf next time this late. Whatever you say. Like I said, you don't know me. Far as history goes, UK has never been anybody's bitch, and it shouldn't start now. Wanna be the best program in history? Then be it. And this ain't it!

You just proved my point.

Of course everything is not “fine”. We’re a hot mess right now. By March, we’ll be one of the better teams in the country. And no one outside this board will remember or care that we were awful early. 118-84, was there a more deflating game in UK history? That team looked like the definition of mediocre, or worse. By the time we played #1 Tennessee at home in mid February, we looked like the best team in the country.

If that is your standard, then you're fine with losing our all time accomplishments like all time wins, head to head records, and home court standards. All for a probable loss in March between the second round and elite 8?

This is absolutely mind boggling how some of our fans are now interpreting Kentucky basketball. For those of us who have always cared, it's a bit scary. I mean that without trying to sound like a bitch. It sucks. It means we're headed for mediocrity.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
If that is your standard, then you're fine with losing our all time accomplishments like all time wins, head to head records, and home court standards. All for a probable loss in March between the second round and elite 8?

This is absolutely mind boggling how some of our fans are now interpreting Kentucky basketball. For those of us who have always cared, it's a bit scary. I mean that without trying to sound like a bitch. It sucks. It means we're headed for mediocrity.
Everyone gets a trophy....

Idk.. I had a feeling that covid was really gonna hurt us. This is when you want an experienced team.. now isn't the time roll out 10 new players and one returning guy.. but thats our system.. we'll see how it goes.

Tired of fighting the good fight. I just realized almost everyone else bailed and I can't do it on my own. Don't care too. If you're mad, go pour a glass of bourbon. Relax.

Morg, you hit on something here. Honestly, It's tough for a team to win the NCAAT...that's a given. So...besides that, what are the other stats that puts a program above all the rest?

People, Morg said it above...all time wins...head to head records against rivals and so on. Losing to KU doesn't help.

Now, someone give me a trophy....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT