ADVERTISEMENT

Klutch Sports

Catluv

Junior
Dec 18, 2018
CL is with them and Edwards is with them. Wonder if we have a tie end with them. Seems like we are getting guys they are involved with.

I get CL wanting to leave but if true why did we get Edwards?
Don’t think they hate UK. They just want CL to enter the draft or if he returns they probably want him to go where he has a bigger role . If he wants to play SF then coming back to UK wouldn’t make much sense since Edwards seems to be a better SF prospect . He’s a more natural SF than Livingston .

Klutch would like Livingston with the ball in his hands more , more freedom to shoot , taking more shots, playing more like. 3 or even a 2 …doing more stuff he probably won’t be doing on a really good college team , but would raise his draft stock a lot if he did it. UK and most college teams would benefit if CL was that physical rebounder at the 4 , occasional jump shooter , good slasher, etc

Meh. He would still get a lot of PT next year. Especially if he was open to playing the 4, which I think is his ideal, natural college position. He’s not a 3. Edwards is a prototypical college 3, however.
Agreed.

The biggest issue seems to be Livingston thinking he’s something that he’s not and guys coming in who are more highly ranked and have more skill.

Not really, Livingston simply got recruited over like many before him.
I think CL could get minutes here next year. Playing some time at SF and PF. Most of our guys hope to jump to NBA as soon as possible. If Proctor at Duke was here no way would he be staying next year. Wish we could get some of our borderline guys to stay and get better.

Klutch would like Livingston with the ball in his hands more , more freedom to shoot , taking more shots, playing more like. 3 or even a 2 …doing more stuff he probably won’t be doing on a really good college team , but would raise his draft stock a lot if he did it. UK and most college teams would benefit if CL was that physical rebounder at the 4 , occasional jump shooter , good slasher, etc
If he wants more freedom to shoot he better start making more of them.

They want Livingston to stay in the draft no matter what and if he doesn't to transfer so doesn't sound like they are a fan of UK.

They are a business. Businesses are fans of money. I can see an argument that they’d make more if they encouraged him to stay but to expect an agent to do things counter to the bottom line out of fandom is naive at best.

They are a business. Businesses are fans of money. I can see an argument that they’d make more if they encouraged him to stay but to expect an agent to do things counter to the bottom line out of fandom is naive at best.
A transfer is not going to make Livingston be what he's not which is the 3 he played at all season.

A transfer is not going to make Livingston be what he's not which is the 3 he played at all season.

All about the bottom line. He could transfer somewhere where he is the man and has more NIL money available as a result. I’d assume they want him in the draft though.

Regardless of their size, every player coming in thinks they're going to be able to play like Devin Booker or Shai Alexander. Livingston said in a preseason interview that he had never played anything other than a guard in high school. I think it's BS, but that was his mindset.

Livingston needs to spend every day in the gym working on his shooting skills.

I always thought of him as more of a D. Liggins type of player ... thought he could really excel as a lockdown defender who was capable of hitting a 3 at times ... as a 2-3 year player.

If he transfers to another school? Would be very odd, considering Cal bent over backwards for the kid. Not so much if he stays in the draft.
none of us know if Cal bent over backwards or not. my guess would be that he recruited him just like any other top 25 player
we all know that a lot of players think they are better than they actually are when coming out of high school
once they find out that fact they do seem to transfer unlike pre 2000 when they would stick it out and try to improve

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
none of us know if Cal bent over backwards or not. my guess would be that he recruited him just like any other top 25 player
we all know that a lot of players think they are better than they actually are when coming out of high school
once they find out that fact they do seem to transfer unlike pre 2000 when they would stick it out and try to improve
Anyone with common sense knows Cal did.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Just another example of everyone else being ok to be 2-3 deep at all positions and for some reason at UK multiple great players playing similar roles is not allowed. Dumbest mindset ever. Heaven forbid we have quality depth in case of foul trouble injuries or quitters 😂

Livingston needs to spend every day in the gym working on his shooting skills.

I always thought of him as more of a D. Liggins type of player ... thought he could really excel as a lockdown defender who was capable of hitting a 3 at times ... as a 2-3 year player.
Liggins was a lock down defender with very good handles. Remember BCG had him at point a lot. CL might turn out to be a Liggins player but he needs to work hard on his game. I wish he would come back. He could play some 4 and 3. But his handlers only want him at the 3. He needs to work a lot!!

That's because there are programs and coaches that will ALLOW these kids MORE freedom to play the way they want, whether it hurts them in the long run or the team they play for.

Just look at Bryce Hopkins going to Providence. He put up big numbers and stated UNEQUIVOCALLY that Ed Cooley encouraged him to "play his game" with no pressure and he THRIVED. Now when he had to face UK, a team with players that were as good or better than he was, his deficiencies were exposed.

I have NO DOUBT that Klutch will be looking for a program that will roll out the red carpet for Chris and let him play WHATEVER position he wants and be OPTION #1 on the offensive end.

Just another example of everyone else being ok to be 2-3 deep at all positions and for some reason at UK multiple great players playing similar roles is not allowed. Dumbest mindset ever. Heaven forbid we have quality depth in case of foul trouble injuries or quitters 😂
That's because Cal states PUBLICLY that he doesn't want to fill all of his roster spots because the players he recruits don't want to be a "backup". So, the developmental kids KNOW they aren't going to get much PT and they aren't ready to contribute significantly if they have to!!

We either have IMMEDIATE starters OR kids that need to work on their game, NO in between with Cal.

It's KILLING the program!!!

One thing you can say about Livingston is he's good in the "Klutch".

Klutch is lebron's agency, more or less, built literally with Lebron's money. Livingston has some connection to lebron iirc so it makes sense he's with klutch too. Probably also where the beats nil came from.

If he leaves, no bad will from me because he played really hard. Still I'll think it's a bad decision because his ceiling is a 3 and d guy and he just isn't there yet. Maybe the market for 3 and d is such that next it won't be better. Idk

Shame . Livingston was my favorite player . I wanted Cal to play him and when he did we started winning . But I’m a Bennie . What do I know .

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This Livingston issue is why I almost wish UK would stop recruiting top ranked high schoolers who are listed as a "SF." Obviously, some of those kids are able to play the position ok as a freshman, but it seems to me that in many (most?) cases the lack of skill development coupled with their short 1-year time frame makes them not worth the effort.

For SFs, maybe it would be better to focus on good high school players that are not ranked quite as high and are not fixated on being OAD (but who often may be better skilled currently anyway, since the rankings seem to be mostly on athletic projection and potential) AND/OR bigger 2Gs and more developed 2Gs/SFs from the portal. Regardless, UK needs more perimeter shooting skill and ball-handling from the position.

Meh. He would still get a lot of PT next year. Especially if he was open to playing the 4, which I think is his ideal, natural college position. He’s not a 3. Edwards is a prototypical college 3, however.

That's the key here - he's not. It's what is good for the team, but it's not what he and his camp want him to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT