ADVERTISEMENT

Keon Brooks

Probably Indiana
If he wants a legitimate shot at winning a national championship and significantly improving his draft stock he’ll pick the Cats—certainly not Indiana or MSU who just took their 2nd loss this season to a ver6 mediocre IU team!!

If he wants a legitimate shot at winning a national championship and significantly improving his draft stock he’ll pick the Cats—certainly not Indiana or MSU who just took their 2nd loss this season to a ver6 mediocre IU team!!
I think it’s down to UK and Iu. At least UK can negatively recruit against IU’s mediocre season - MSU can’t cause they got swept by the hoosiers

Announcement is for his family & teammates only. Still think if this were Indiana it would be open to more than family & teammates. This screams another school...I'd think UK. If not it's another. You don't close off an announcement if it's the home school. You have a local party announcement.

I'm from the area and just asked some folks in Ft Wayne. It is apparently open to the public. It is a pretty big church.

I doubt locals really know if his announcement is public or not. This sounds like its family, coaches, & teammates only.

Joining Brooks for the announcement will be not only his parents, but his two younger brothers, friends, and his teammates at La Lumiere.

For Brooks, being surrounded by his family and his teammates is something that is very important to him as he announces his choice.

I doubt locals really know if his announcement is public or not. This sounds like its family, coaches, & teammates only.

Joining Brooks for the announcement will be not only his parents, but his two younger brothers, friends, and his teammates at La Lumiere.

For Brooks, being surrounded by his family and his teammates is something that is very important to him as he announces his choice.
Brian Snow said it's open to public...and he's in direct contact with family I'm told.

Reactions: Lucy01
He may pick IU...but for the life of me why would a kid want to put himself through that? They suck! There coach is in way over his head. They have talent this year & are horrible.

[roll] He lives in Indiana dude where the hell else would it be ? We have gotten the last 10 crystal ball picks as of late and this time line is exactly what David Sisk said it would be .
We don’t know if it’s in a public place or online. If he does it online it’s uk. He does it at his school it’s Indiana

Did IU surge back in the lead after the upset of MSU?
Really think he wanted to go to IU before the meltdown.

Romeo is anywhere from #6-#13 in the draft with a crappy Indiana team, not sure that matters much.

Internet gossip Has little validity outside of entertainment, but the conversation I keep hearing is Mom and Keion are in the IU corner and dad is strong UK. Thats of course if you believe the "my uncle works with Keion's Dad" type of stories.

Is espn covering it? If so it’s Indiana. If it’s not I think Kentucky
I thought I read he was doing it on CBS Sports which is why the goofy 8 o'clock time. If he wants their involvement, they would tell him the time slots to pick from, due to tournaments beginning that day.

not sure Brooks is the needed answer, maybe I just haven't seen him enough
don't like that he stays outside, would much prefer McDaniels but that has been silent for a long time
I think Montgomery has room to improve if he gains some strength & weight........Richards is about all
that he is gonna be......sure he might have a big game against a division II team, whose center is 6'7 & weighs
200 lbs, but against someone his own size & weight, he will disappear, just like he has done for 2 years
he has no drive or desire or basketball sense

don't like that he stays outside, would much prefer McDaniels but that has been silent for a long time
I think Montgomery has room to improve if he gains some strength & weight........Richards is about all
that he is gonna be......sure he might have a big game against a division II team, whose center is 6'7 & weighs
200 lbs, but against someone his own size & weight, he will disappear, just like he has done for 2 years
Brooks doesn’t stay outside. He was second in the EYBL in free throw attempts. He attacks the basket. He’s much more aggressive as a SF than say, Kevin Knox. (He also is quicker and has a much better handle than Knox. He probably isn’t as good a shooter as Knox.)

I rather play small ball run two small forwards two guards and run. It's how the game is trending and no one available is a low post threat, last two classes have been weak inside, only so many bigs to spread out

I think it’s down to UK and Iu. At least UK can negatively recruit against IU’s mediocre season - MSU can’t cause they got swept by the hoosiers
UK doesnt negatively recruit...probably one of the reason why we miss on some of the top 5 dudes. We dont stroke egos and run our mouth about our competitors

Reactions: maxpugsby
Makes me wonder if you've seen McDaniels and Brooks play or are just confusing the two. My opinion of them is literally the exact opposite for the same reasons lol

And why is that? Literally everything is happening exactly has Sisk said it would and IU fans themselves has basically given up on getting him. I mean I guess he could still go there but all the momentum is on UK's side.
Because 1 of the biggest Negative Nancy's on the board has a buddy who said it ain't looking good

Tuned in to Indiana sports radio this morning to see what they were talking about. Of course they led with the combine and random NFL talk about dudes running around in their underwear.

They were giddy with IU basketball after beating Michigan St (congrats on being 11th in the Big Ten!). They did touch on Brooks. Both the hosts (don't know who they are) said they believe he will pick IU. Talked about being from Indiana, family has always been IU fans, would pair with another top recruit and could "build something", blah blah blah. One host went on to say he has never believed any of the UK or Mich St talk and would be shocked if he picks anyone but IU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT