ADVERTISEMENT

Keon Brooks

Mar 12, 2018
Any word on him lately? Rumors were strong after his visit a couple of weeks ago that a decision was coming soon and since then it has been awful quiet.

Lots of talk about getting Brooks and Todd.

I think that means we are out of the running for McDaniels and Hurt.

McDaniels is going to UW and Hurt is going to Duke.

Brooks and Todd would be nice consolation prizes, especially if we get Montgomery and Richards back.

I think we need Brooks and one of the other two.

I think Brooks and Todd will be fine as long as Montgomery and Richards are back.

Maxey, Quickley, Whitney, Montgomery, and Richards is a good starting five with Baker, Allen, Brooks, and Todd off the bench. Maybe add another guard (or Hagans returning-fingers crossed).

I think Brooks and Todd will be fine as long as Montgomery and Richards are back.

Maxey, Quickley, Whitney, Montgomery, and Richards is a good starting five with Baker, Allen, Brooks, and Todd off the bench. Maybe add another guard (or Hagans returning-fingers crossed).
I agree. Throw Todd in there. We need Brooks plus one of those three. Or maybe McDaniels and one of the other two, although that seems less likely.

Truthfully, having seen highlights of Todd play I think I'd rather have him than any of them.

I'd rather have McDaniels, but Todd is not far behind.

I'm not high on Hurt. Offensively, he's great, but I don't know if he can handle the defense Cal will demand he play.

Brooks is the kind of player Cal can turn into a stud. Those 15-30 ranked guys who are really talented, but not guaranteed OAD players. Guys like Booker, SGA, Washington, Herro.

Need Brooks Todd and at least 1 more big. Don't count on either EJ or Richards or both coming back. If Vanderbilt can be drafted EJ certainly can. I don't think Richards can even make a G league team for any long period of time but he or Cal may figure the switch is never gonna flip and he ends up somewhere other than UK. Someone will rise up this summer that we've probably never heard of.

Need Brooks Todd and at least 1 more big. Don't count on either EJ or Richards or both coming back. If Vanderbilt can be drafted EJ certainly can. I don't think Richards can even make a G league team for any long period of time but he or Cal may figure the switch is never gonna flip and he ends up somewhere other than UK. Someone will rise up this summer that we've probably never heard of.

Possibly.

Cal won't go into the season with just 3 Bigs unless he has to. If he thinks Richards and/or Montgomery are gone, then he will be after a few bigs this Spring/Summer.

Lots of talk about getting Brooks and Todd.

I think that means we are out of the running for McDaniels and Hurt.

McDaniels is going to UW and Hurt is going to Duke.

Brooks and Todd would be nice consolation prizes, especially if we get Montgomery and Richards back.
Hurt can’t be going to Dook he’s a lock for the Jailhawks !! Just ask cornerbaby

I'd rather have McDaniels, but Todd is not far behind.

I'm not high on Hurt. Offensively, he's great, but I don't know if he can handle the defense Cal will demand he play.

Brooks is the kind of player Cal can turn into a stud. Those 15-30 ranked guys who are really talented, but not guaranteed OAD players. Guys like Booker, SGA, Washington, Herro.
If Hurt can’t play defense it’s best he goes to Dook and play for the Rat Faced Bastard, learn to play zone and become a flopper

If Hurt can’t play defense it’s best he goes to Dook and play for the Rat Faced Bastard, learn to play zone and become a flopper

That's why I feel he ultimately plays for K. He is good at disguising poor defenders by either teaching them to take charges (flops) or playing zone or both.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Talked to a buddy who knows UK people and he said that two weeks ago they were very confident and pushing him for a decision immediately.

Just texted him and he said he’s not as confident now but would put it at 60/40 for UK

Talked to a buddy who knows UK people and he said that two weeks ago they were very confident and pushing him for a decision immediately.

Just texted him and he said he’s not as confident now but would put it at 60/40 for UK
It definitely doesn't sound as good as it did 2 weeks ago!

Reactions: Lucy01

Brian Snow has been close to that recruitment. Whoever he picks on the crystal ball is money in the bank imo.

And why is that? Literally everything is happening exactly has Sisk said it would and IU fans themselves has basically given up on getting him. I mean I guess he could still go there but all the momentum is on UK's side.
Ok it just seems like it has gotten quite for UK with everyone saying he was going to commit by the end of February. I figured since it got pushed out until the middle of March now that it didn't look good for UK!

Ok it just seems like it has gotten quite for UK with everyone saying he was going to commit by the end of February. I figured since it got pushed out until the middle of March now that it didn't look good for UK!
Nope this is going to according to plan. He said he was shutting things down for spring break and then announcing a few weeks later. All as it should be .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT