ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox...

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
He came here on an official visit, the word was he is ours if we want him and since then it seems to have gone silent on his recruitment.
Wonder what is going on ?

He is a weird recruit to me, I literally know nothing about him. His numbers really don’t jump out at me and his brother was supposed to be great and was solid but not a transcendent talent.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Because those stars are based on where they think a player can become more than where he is now. With the thinking you can be taught skills, but you can't be taught to get taller, or more athletic.
Oh yeah, very aware but there needs to be a set of rankings in place for college basketball and where HS talent ranks for their skill level. The current star rating is pretty garbage for the most part.

Because those stars are based on where they think a player can become more than where he is now. With the thinking you can be taught skills, but you can't be taught to get taller, or more athletic.
Right. Which is why I wish they’d start a second system. College ratings as they were back in the day were very useful, and in general they really did predict how a kid would do in college.

I’m perfectly fine with having a ratings system that predicts how a kid will do over the course of his whole career at the next level. But why should it mean we throw the old college rating system out entirely?

Reactions: JonathanW
Ty, I am familiar with the kid. I thought we were talking high school kids. Definitely a baller. Is there legit info or just speculation?

Who is white? I would gladly take either one
Yes who is White ???I know who Reynolds is and if he came here he would become a pro easy ( I believe he is now but the eyes aren't on him yet ) but I have no idea who White is . I think we lose everyone but Thiero , Burks , and Sheppard so will add 10 more . We have Fland ( who will be a freaky star how he isn't ranked 1 or 2 is beyond me ) , Jay Q , Cryil , Perry and Richmond and will Knox or another SF type along with a SG ( like Reynolds) / scoring pg type like if Johnson were to reclass .

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Yes who is White ???I know who Reynolds is and if he came here he would become a pro easy ( I believe he is now but the eyes aren't on him yet ) but I have no idea who White is . I think we lose everyone but Thiero , Burks , and Sheppard so will add 10 more . We have Fland ( who will be a freaky star how he isn't ranked 1 or 2 is beyond me ) , Jay Q , Cryil , Perry and Richmond and will Knox or another SF type along with a SG ( like Reynolds) / scoring pg type like if Johnson were to reclass .
Reynolds if he enters the portal would be the clear number one player I want uk to get. The white kid I don’t know enough about, I know he torched UK, but I don’t think he is a great shooter

He read this board and decided to stay away.

GO TEAM!!!

Excited Go Team GIF

It's a numbers thing.

Almost assuredly, UK takes on at least one transfer, maybe two. Given how well Mitchell and Reeves have worked, this will be a given.

UK already has FIVE recruits signed.

There's a good chance guys like Thiero, Onyenso, Burks and maybe 2-3 others COULD return.

I don't blame Knox to sit around and wait.

Meh. Im fine without him. This year showed us how difficult it can be to get freshman going. Heck the last 5 years showed us this. Almost every single year we got a top10 recruit that just didn't do much.

I'd MUCH rather return some pieces or even get a proven transfer, then add another freshman.

If we have a lot of guys leaves then get him. But he doesn't shoot well, his brother, while solid for us, is a bust in the NBA and will be in Karters ear. Knox seems like a guy who just wants to get to that NBA pay check that he sees his brother having.

It’s amazing how many 5 stars have shooting as their weakness. Almost as if the evaluations are flawed.
and every recruit:
defends well or has that potential.
moves his feet well or has that potential.
good athleticism, good scorer, good IQ, good this good that.

Every recruiting expert says the same thing in their scouting reports.

But they have to sell hope to us college hoops recruiting junkies...pumping up the reputations of these recruits to garner interest (AD clicks and subscriptions).

question for the Cats fans...

now that Karter Knox signed an Adidas NIL deal, do you all think there's still a possibility he commits to UK (Nike) over Louisville (Adidas) and USF (Adidas)?

Our signee Ian Jackson also went Adidas and I just don't see how he comes to Chapel Hill. Clearly, Adidas is playing the long game and hoping they get another future NBA All-Star high profile shoe endorser.

What is a typical high school level shoe deal? $1 million? anyone know?

Good win @ Auburn btw.

now that Karter Knox signed an Adidas NIL deal, do you all think there's still a possibility he commits to UK (Nike) over Louisville (Adidas) and USF (Adidas)?

Our signee Ian Jackson also went Adidas and I just don't see how he comes to Chapel Hill. Clearly, Adidas is playing the long game and hoping they get another future NBA All-Star high profile shoe endorser.

Good win @ Auburn btw.

So are you a Tarheel fan AND a Vol fan?

That has to break some sort of community guidelines here, right?

I think our best recruiting effort should be directed to get Bradshaw, Edward’s, Z, Reed, Wagner, Birks, Ugonna, Thiero. that is what will Give us the best chance to win next year .
Dilly too but He has to be gone since he’s a lottery pick. Others except Reed will have to choose between Gleague and college and they might as well come back Here.
Reed special case . Financially he should go pro if still a lottery pick . However maybe just maybe being a Ky boy and not desperate for money to help his family he will want to come back. But recruit what you gave first . AND DONT PROMISE PLAYING TIME TO ANY PLAYERS COMING IN .

So are you a Tarheel fan AND a Vol fan?

That has to break some sort of community guidelines here, right?
Grew up in Nashville. Aware of sports in my youth when UNC hoops was winning in 1982 and UTVols football was big among my friends. Vandy a loser sports school.

Not an enemy of UK and always respectful.

Hope that helps.

Good win @ Auburn btw.

Edwards I think has a shoe deal with New Balance. It's not unheard of. We have had many players that signed with other shoe companies after the fact, but it's happening more and more early on now with NIL.

I don't think it would stop them from getting players. In fact, I think Adidas would get more publicity from having a guy like Jackson in their stable playing at a Nike school, just like New Balance gets with Edwards.

I think our best recruiting effort should be directed to get Bradshaw, Edward’s, Z, Reed, Wagner, Birks, Ugonna, Thiero. that is what will Give us the best chance to win next year .
Dilly too but He has to be gone since he’s a lottery pick. Others except Reed will have to choose between Gleague and college and they might as well come back Here.
Reed special case . Financially he should go pro if still a lottery pick . However maybe just maybe being a Ky boy and not desperate for money to help his family he will want to come back. But recruit what you gave first . AND DONT PROMISE PLAYING TIME TO ANY PLAYERS COMING IN .

It's pretty crazy to think that we have 5 potential draftees that should come back or are projected to the second round at best. Then we have 3 guys in Thiero, Onyenso, and Burks that are considered an after-thought and would be excellent upper-classmen.

No more HS recruits needed in this class unless one of the top 2025 guys reclasses. Focus on getting guys back and then get a scoring wing (or two) out of the portal. If RS leaves then you have to get a high end guard as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT