ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox...

Yes who is White ???I know who Reynolds is and if he came here he would become a pro easy ( I believe he is now but the eyes aren't on him yet ) but I have no idea who White is . I think we lose everyone but Thiero , Burks , and Sheppard so will add 10 more . We have Fland ( who will be a freaky star how he isn't ranked 1 or 2 is beyond me ) , Jay Q , Cryil , Perry and Richmond and will Knox or another SF type along with a SG ( like Reynolds) / scoring pg type like if Johnson were to reclass .
I think you have forgotten another player on the roster check the roster for a freshman who has played a little. He’s going to be a 3 to 4 year player.

No more HS recruits needed in this class unless one of the top 2025 guys reclasses. Focus on getting guys back and then get a scoring wing (or two) out of the portal. If RS leaves then you have to get a high end guard as well.
I think it's an either/or in regards to getting Knox and Johnson or two high end portal wings.
If Reed leaves Cal will have to decide if he wants a point or shooting guard to replace him.
I think Fland can play either guard spot.

It’s amazing how many 5 stars have shooting as their weakness. Almost as if the evaluations are flawed.
Especially the ones who are listed as "shooting guard", but shoots like 25% from 3 and 40% from the field and is a 65% free throw shooter. LOL, how is he a "shooting" guard ? because he shoots a lot ?

I’ve been keeping track of Reynolds’s since the rumor mill has heated up. He is 11-47 from the field his last 4 games. No thanks.
Yep! And his last 3 games against no name teams he’s scored 5,,6, and 13 pts on all of those shots! All while being the focal point of their offense! HARD PASS HERE AS WELL!

I’ve been keeping track of Reynolds’s since the rumor mill has heated up. He is 11-47 from the field his last 4 games. No thanks.
One bad stretch in a 2 year period makes you not want him? He has averaged 18 ppg for 2 straight years in a good conference. If he enters the portal he would be a really good add

Especially the ones who are listed as "shooting guard", but shoots like 25% from 3 and 40% from the field and is a 65% free throw shooter. LOL, how is he a "shooting" guard ? because he shoots a lot ?
These days, shooting guard = a guard who can’t handle and pass it well enough to be a point guard and is too small to be a small forward.

Reynolds is probably the better option. Plays in a stronger conference and shoots better from distance.

Could take both. Reynolds is a 2. White is more of a 3, I think. He’s listed at 6’7.

I would rather have one of them and Jasper Johnson.

Johnson is the best option of the three, IMHO.

Reynolds is probably the better option. Plays in a stronger conference and shoots better from distance.

Could take both. Reynolds is a 2. White is more of a 3, I think. He’s listed at 6’7.

I would rather have one of them and Jasper Johnson.

Johnson is the best option of the three, IMHO.
The only question I have with Johnson is how does he handle physically because he is super skinny

question for the Cats fans...

now that Karter Knox signed an Adidas NIL deal, do you all think there's still a possibility he commits to UK (Nike) over Louisville (Adidas) and USF (Adidas)?

Our signee Ian Jackson also went Adidas and I just don't see how he comes to Chapel Hill. Clearly, Adidas is playing the long game and hoping they get another future NBA All-Star high profile shoe endorser.

What is a typical high school level shoe deal? $1 million? anyone know?

Good win @ Auburn btw.
I'm floored Ian Jackson is still committed to UNC. When there were rumbling after he did commit I was certain he was going to change his mind and UK would have been one of the possibilities. At one point I would have put any amount he wouldn't end up at UNC but as time goes on Idk what to think.

Reactions: HeelVol
Edwards I think has a shoe deal with New Balance. It's not unheard of. We have had many players that signed with other shoe companies after the fact, but it's happening more and more early on now with NIL.

I don't think it would stop them from getting players. In fact, I think Adidas would get more publicity from having a guy like Jackson in their stable playing at a Nike school, just like New Balance gets with Edwards.
I looked further...Edwards signed with Klutch Athletics which is owned by New Balance. It's all about clothing (click on Edwards pic on the site and immediately routes to lifestyle clothing). So it doesn't appear to be shoes...for now.

otoh, Ian Jackson is now playing in Adidas shoes.

It's hard to believe a prominent Nike school would allow a star player (assuming Ian does well in college) to be an endorser of a major rival. but what could Nike do...pull their endorsement? no, but it would create drama in a locker room.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT