ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky should go to school on these games

IL Wildcat

Feb 20, 2003
Southern IL
This LSU game, that Miss St game, even the home games versus Arkansas and Vandy... that South Carolina loss to LSU, this A&M loss to Arkansas, the closer than expected game between Missouri and Tennessee. Take these games lightly and you lose everything you gained with that Auburn win. Can't blink now. All the margin for error is gone.

We really need to win these next 5 going into Knoxville. That would give us an opportunity to really turn this entire season around!!!

With all of the parity this season, if we could eek into a 3 seed, playing defense the way we did at Auburn, ANYTHING is possible!!!

It all starts tomorrow at LSU!!!!

This LSU game, that Miss St game, even the home games versus Arkansas and Vandy... that South Carolina loss to LSU, this A&M loss to Arkansas, the closer than expected game between Missouri and Tennessee. Take these games lightly and you lose everything you gained with that Auburn win. Can't blink now. All the margin for error is gone.
Fully agree. Arkansas is a capable team. LSU, to their credit, really had no business making that kind of comeback against USC on their home floor, but it does show once again very clearly that if you go to sleep, someone will jump you. The SEC, top to bottom, is a test every night. UConn just got plowed over by a very good Creighton, who has the ability to be in the championship game. These are the things that make college basketball so great, especially when we are getting that first run of spring weather and we know March is near.

This week will be a big test for our kids--how will they handle success at Auburn. Lay an egg? Crush LSU by 20? Hard to say, but I think we'll play well. I'm very hopeful that Adou keeps evolving into the tough, hard-nosed and high-flying athlete that can make us a true contender. It'll be super if we can go into next week with two more huge wins.

Overall records are meaningless--maybe LSU will have our full attention since they won at South Carolina since we played so poorly there.

Yep no margin for error. Looking back on that TaMU game and florida some defense sure woulda been a difference maker.

LSU has been sneaky good here and there definitely a game we have to be ready for after the big Auburn win. We don't wanna let down on the road they just beats SC on the road And they also beat Texas AM on the road. They also only lost by 2 points at Florida and scored 92 on Bama.

I'm not saying they're good, but we do need to bring it being a road game and after a big win.

We really need to beat Bama and have some help with keeping Florida out of that 3rd spot. USC is imploding as we knew they probably would. I think the best we can do is a 3 Seed in the SECT.
A win over Bama and at UT would get us out of the dreaded NCAAT 5 Seed if we take care of business and beat who we are supposed to.

We really need to beat Bama and have some help with keeping Florida out of that 3rd spot. USC is imploding as we knew they probably would. I think the best we can do is a 3 Seed in the SECT.
A win over Bama and at UT would get us out of the dreaded NCAAT 5 Seed if we take care of business and beat who we are supposed to.

Florida could cause Bama some issues with their size / rebounding, both have been weaknesses for Bama - teams with length that can control the glass.

Gonna come down to shot making after that.

I do agree, we just have no margin for error to win the league at this point - our best bet is securing a Top 4 seed. Bama beating Florida tonight would help there, then we take care of business at Rupp and we're in a very good spot.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Agree. UK MUST win the Arkansas & Vandy games at home, win the LSU & Miss. State games on the road. It affords them the "luxury" of only having to beat Bama at home OR UT on the road. I say luxury, neither will be an easy task, but beating Bama at home I feel better about. Win those four, in the event we lose BOTH of the Bama & UT games, it will not kill us seeding for both tournaments. The 4 wins would out weight the 2 losses to top teams, especially one being on the road. I think 4-2 gets us in the top 4 in the standings and the double bye. SC & Florida will maybe lose 3/4 more games.
1/2 seeds : Bama / UT I think are safe for the top 2 (though UT still has some tough games.) Bama does also, but they have a cushion.
3 seed : I think with their remaining schedule, Auburn SHOULD get the 3.
4 seed : UK (if the go a minimum of 4-2 the rest of the way and finish 12-6.

Last edited:
LSU has been sneaky good here and there definitely a game we have to be ready for after the big Auburn win. We don't wanna let down on the road they just beats SC on the road And they also beat Texas AM on the road. They also only lost by 2 points at Florida and scored 92 on Bama.

I'm not saying they're good, but we do need to bring it being a road game and after a big win.
They are significantly better than their record for sure!

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Agree. UK MUT win the Arkansas & Vandy games at home, win the LSU & Miss. State games on the road. It affords them the "luxury" of only having to beat Bama at home OR UT on the road. I say luxury, neither will be an easy task, but beating Bama at home I feel better about. Win those four, in the event we lose BOTH of the Bama & UT games, it will not kill us seeding for both tournaments. The 4 wins would out weight the 2 losses to top teams, especially one being on the road. I think 4-2 gets us in the top 4 in the standings and the double bye. SC & Florida will maybe lose 3/4 more games.
1/2 seeds : Bama / UT I think are safe for the top 2 (though UT still has some tough games.) Bama does also, but they have a cushion.
3 seed : I think with their remaining schedule, Auburn SHOULD get the 3.
4 seed : UK (if the go a minimum of 4-2 the rest of the way and finish 12-6.

If UK wins out and loses to UT I think they end up the 3. I feel AU loses at UT and finishes with 5 losses as well.

I think UT and Bama will finish 14 and 4.

If UK loses another road game and finishes 12 and 6 we should have tie breaker on 12 and 6 Florida to get the 4 seed and last double bye.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
I was simply speaking on if we finish 4-2. Absolutely 5-1 gets us the 3, MAYBE 2.
Florida (8-4) : I think they finish 11-7
@ Bam (tonight) L
Vandy - W
Mizzou - W
@ SC - L
Bama - L
@ Vandy - W, but will not be easy if Vandy brings it.

South Carolina (9-4) : Also I think finish 11-7. 3 tough games on the road, Florida and UT at home also tough.
@ Ole Miss. - L
@ A&M - L ( A&M is tough at home)
Florida - ? SC is truggling will not be auto win
Tenn. - ? same as Florida
@ Miss. State - ? could very well lose.

Auburn (9-4) : I think more than likely finish 13-5. (maybe 12-6 but would have to lose a game they shouldn't)
@ Georgia - W But could be tough if Georgia shows up. (could be the 6th loss for us to get the 3)
@ Tenn. - L
Miss. St. - W
@ Mizzou - W
Georgia - W

Tenn. (10-3) I think they finish 13-5 (2 seed) If Auburn could upset and SC win at home, 12-6
Texas A&M - W
Auburn - W (Auburn COULD pull the upset)
@ Bama - L (would be the 4th loss if Auburn doesn't beat them)
@ SC - ? (depends on which SC team shows up, but UT will be in revenge mode)
UK - W (but if UK was to upset them, it COULD be for the 2 seed.)

Bama (10-2) I think they finish at worst 14-4. (1 seed) but if they struggle, on the road, 13-5 (not likely)
Florida - W
@ UK - L, @ Ole Miss - W but not easy. UT - Win, @ Florida - Win, but could lose, Arkansas - Win

Reactions: Padsfs07
Nate "I hate Mid Range Jumpers" Oates

where UK guards will be on defense

OpY0xxZ.png

Last edited:
Fully agree. Arkansas is a capable team. LSU, to their credit, really had no business making that kind of comeback against USC on their home floor, but it does show once again very clearly that if you go to sleep, someone will jump you. The SEC, top to bottom, is a test every night. UConn just got plowed over by a very good Creighton, who has the ability to be in the championship game. These are the things that make college basketball so great, especially when we are getting that first run of spring weather and we know March is near.

This week will be a big test for our kids--how will they handle success at Auburn. Lay an egg? Crush LSU by 20? Hard to say, but I think we'll play well. I'm very hopeful that Adou keeps evolving into the tough, hard-nosed and high-flying athlete that can make us a true contender. It'll be super if we can go into next week with two more huge wins.

Overall records are meaningless--maybe LSU will have our full attention since they won at South Carolina since we played so poorly there.
Every team better have our attention from now on. We have had plenty of oh crap we should play better moments this year. Florida and UNC-W being the worst examples. Then Gonzaga shredding us over and over.

IMO the Bama game is the most important game of the season as we win that and I think we very well could go into the dance on a 11 game win streak or worst case winning 10 of the last 11 . Feel really good about the game at UT .
I don’t feel good about any streak until we prove we will play defense every possession from here on out.

I appreciate the optimism that this team can learn something and improve its post-season chances. I really do. I have been the same way over the years and even this year. But not now.

This team is highly talented and likable, but the way Cal has used this roster, and the way he will use the roster, it is highly improbable that this team can win 4 games in a row to get to a Final 4. It’s probably not capable of winning 2 in a row to get out of the first weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT