ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Searching the Globe for 1 More Big Man

How many more damn players does Memphis need, they are exactly like Arkansas Memphis adds a new player every week, they just added one today. But I like Kentucky going this route

How many more damn players does Memphis need, they are exactly like Arkansas Memphis adds a new player every week, they just added one today. But I like Kentucky going this route
Not want but need, one isn’t going to qualify academically to transfer, one might be in jail, and they are waiting on NCAA approval for Williams 10th year (8th) Penny has openings, just recruiting trash.

Not want but need, one isn’t going to qualify academically to transfer, one might be in jail, and they are waiting on NCAA approval for Williams 10th year (8th) Penny has openings, just recruiting trash.
Who isn’t going to qualify and I know Williams is the one with legal issues

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think we've had plenty of prospects come here and pan out over the years....the NBA rosters tend to confirm that belief of mine.
Not late July after scouring the globe. Finding a good player at this phase of thing for 2023-24 is basically rolling dice. Like I said a woodchopper and orzbut. It’s not April where there are options and I’ll maintain that any guy UK goes after at this point in the game. Any hype for that guy is overhype. The constant hype wo results has turned alot of fans off.

If anyone has read any of my previous comments over the past few months they would know I have not been a big fan of Cal's. But I must say if Cal could add this guy to the team its ceiling this year would be a possible NC. HD never gave me a good feeling as a fit but this guy does. I believe he could be the missing piece.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
So I dug a little deeper and watched some more of Ivisic. He’s definitely legit. I just watched most of one of his team’s playoff games (link here if anybody else is interested - he’s #14) and came away impressed.

So first off - his team plays in an upper level overseas league. Combine that with his FIBA experience and he’s had a higher level of coaching and gone against better competition up to this point than probably 99% of freshmen (and maybe most upperclassman too for that matter). Just for example some of the recognizable guys in this game were: Fletcher Magee - the guy who averaged like 20 a game for 3 straight years at Wofford, former VA Tech star Zach LeDay, and former lottery pick Dante Exum.

From what I’ve seen Ivisic has a pretty impressive frame and level of coordination for an almost 20 year old 7’2 guy. He's got some decent ball skills and maybe most importantly - he doesn't play soft. Bring him to campus and he’s already a high level lob threat who can stretch the floor and protect the rim on the other end.

He's better than Somto and even though he's far from a finished product I think he might be better than both Ugonna and Aaron. Where he played in a pro league and presumably earned salary I don’t know how he would be eligible but I don’t know the details on that and if UK is seriously looking at him I guess there’s at least a chance he’s eligible.

He's not a depth big who's used only for break glass in case of emergency. He could very well be one of the best players on the roster from day 1.
I'll be interested to follow where this goes.

I'd be happy with this guy.

This could end up being one of those mesh up rosters that we have seen other teams win with at times over the past decade.

And people act like this guy wouldn't be a good get because he's a signing n August? Please, he wasn't available earlier n the year.

So I dug a little deeper and watched some more of Ivisic. He’s definitely legit. I just watched most of one of his team’s playoff games (link here if anybody else is interested - he’s #14) and came away impressed.

So first off - his team plays in an upper level overseas league. Combine that with his FIBA experience and he’s had a higher level of coaching and gone against better competition up to this point than probably 99% of freshmen (and maybe most upperclassman too for that matter). Just for example some of the recognizable guys in this game were: Fletcher Magee - the guy who averaged like 20 a game for 3 straight years at Wofford, former VA Tech star Zach LeDay, and former lottery pick Dante Exum.

From what I’ve seen Ivisic has a pretty impressive frame and level of coordination for an almost 20 year old 7’2 guy. He's got some decent ball skills and maybe most importantly - he doesn't play soft. Bring him to campus and he’s already a high level lob threat who can stretch the floor and protect the rim on the other end.

He's better than Somto and even though he's far from a finished product I think he might be better than both Ugonna and Aaron. Where he played in a pro league and presumably earned salary I don’t know how he would be eligible but I don’t know the details on that and if UK is seriously looking at him I guess there’s at least a chance he’s eligible.

He's not a depth big who's used only for break glass in case of emergency. He could very well be one of the best players on the roster from day 1.
I'll be interested to follow where this goes.
That’s my though as I watched some of his games as well. My biggest question is how does he become eligible

Also two of his players are his own sons so they won’t take up scholarships if that’s an issue.

If he comes to UK, I’m just gonna call him Z because there’s no way I can spell or pronounce his name! 😂

A Croatian basketball player comes to the US and applies for a driver's license. During the eye test, the examiner asks him if he can read the lowest line. He looks at the line and replies, "Not only can I read it but I know the guy as well!"

I will plead ignorance on this....is there a "last day" for roster additions by the rules?

As I recall, as long as he enrolls in classes according to university rules, he would be good to go. We can't add a player in November who would play immediately because he wouldn't be eligible. He could, however, play in January once classes start.

So, as long as he is on campus for the first week of classes, he should be able to play!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT