ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma big man transfer Garrison

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Is cal being a dick on purpose or everyone just reaching out to everyone trying to field a team?

Reactions: chroix
Is cal being a dick on purpose or everyone just reaching out to everyone trying to field a team?
All the years he didn't have a full roster at UK....will it be full this year at Arkansas just getting as many guys as possible that UK is looking at?

I believe Cal only has 1 person on his roster right now. He is in the same boat as us trying to build a roster quickly

Reactions: DreadLox
He doesn't move the needle for me. Would be ok as a backup, probably better than the Egyptian guy

He has to build from almost nothing, not quite the same as Pope, but dang near. If he loses a couple more recruits (in addition to Perry), it’s a lot of spots to fill. What this speaks more to, is that you are still seeing Kentucky right there with the other big name programs and coaches still. And that should surprise no one, but it alleviates any worry of Pope’s willingness to compete for recruits. Not gonna get them all, Arkansas and Cal have to get get some, so does Pope, and he will.

Reactions: Dontbanstan
All the years he didn't have a full roster at UK....will it be full this year at Arkansas just getting as many guys as possible that UK is looking at?
Isn't that amazing.........the clown coach rarely if ever had a full house, and mostly avoided the portal like it was covid.....now suddenly he is recruiting the entire portal and everyone else.
typical jerk as he always was

We both have a lot of roster spots to fill. Makes sense we are both getting in touch with most good players in the portal.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
He has to build from almost nothing, not quite the same as Pope, but dang near. If he loses a couple more recruits (in addition to Perry), it’s a lot of spots to fill. What this speaks more to, is that you are still seeing Kentucky right there with the other big name programs and coaches still. And that should surprise no one, but it alleviates any worry of Pope’s willingness to compete for recruits. Not gonna get them all, Arkansas and Cal have to get get some, so does Pope, and he will.
Oh for sure, his cub board is bare as well. Obviously a lot of these players have a list of people reaching out to them. Media outlets are going to play it up that uk/ark are involved.

For Pope’s sake I do hope he wins some of best so called “head to head” battles with Cal. Cal is a great recruiter with money behind him so he will get his.

Oh for sure, his cub board is bare as well. Obviously a lot of these players have a list of people reaching out to them. Media outlets are going to play it up that uk/ark are involved.

For Pope’s sake I do hope he wins some of best so called “head to head” battles with Cal. Cal is a great recruiter with money behind him so he will get his.
I wouldn't say bare. A good number of KY players, and recruits, are supposedly following him to Arky.

Guys usually know where they’re going before they hit the portal. If he has one visit planned and others “maybe in the works,” I’d say it’s just a matter of the NIL offer being agreed on.

Speaking of bigs, UK target Khalifa visiting UL today with UK ex Quaintance.

Kentucky and Arkansas seem the most likely to overpay in the portal.
Players want to hear their pitch.
If schools miss on big portal targets will someone get desperate and give AJ Storr the $1mil he was asking for.

Brandon Garrison, 6'11" freshman transfer, played the 2023-24 season at Oklahoma STATE ... not at the University of Oklahoma. Just FYI.
He played in all of the team's 32 games, averaging 22.6 minutes/game.
Averaged 7.5 ppg, 5.3 rpg, and 1.5 blocks/game.
Again ... just FYI.

I say challenge Calipari on ever recruit he wants. He has a history of losing recruits some...
Hell 80% of the time Cal was losing his top guys in recruiting and we were using his 2nd or 3rd picks. 💯
Challenge him. He can and will be defeated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT