ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Searching the Globe for 1 More Big Man

Schools like the Zags have always looked at players overseas and had luck with them.I think it would be great.
That's because their coach had the good sense to incorporate their skill set in their scheme.....Cal is either unable or unwilling to make that kind of a change.

Lol. You are lying your ass off. First off; he reclassified so no, nobody knew who he was until he played that international game against USA. Stop dude. I know WAY more than you.

And who said August? You were correct, it was June 25th. Point being, late commits aren’t bad.
Dude we started pursuing him in April. I’m happy you know WAY more but he was a 5 star. He was a very known recruit. You completely deflected from your initial stance that he was some unknown who commited this late. A month sooner is far different timeline than what you implied, you also tried to imply Murray was some unknown when in fact we all knew of him by atleast by april. I’ll stand by original statement. I like you dude but you seem to snap when people disagree. And btw that pan am game you refer too Murray had already commited to uk the month before so he was very well known.

Okay, so if we do get this kid, it’s going to be interesting to see how the minutes play out.

Cal usually goes 9 deep, with the top 6 or 7 getting big minutes, then 8 and 9 getting limited but regular minutes.

So 10-12 are going to basically see mop up minutes.

So who will be our top 7, our 8 and 9 guys, and 10-12 guys?

Assuming everyone is healthy, this is what I envision:

1. Wagner
2. Reeves
3. Edwards
4. Mitchell
5. Ivisic
6. Bradshaw
7. Sheppard
8. Dillingham
9. Onyenso
10. Thiero
11. Burks
12. Hart

Okay, so if we do get this kid, it’s going to be interesting to see how the minutes play out.

Cal usually goes 9 deep, with the top 6 or 7 getting big minutes, then 8 and 9 getting limited but regular minutes.

1. Wagner
2. Reeves
3. Edwards
4. Mitchell
5. Ivisic
6. Bradshaw
7. Sheppard
8. Dillingham
9. Onyenso
10. Thiero
11. Burks
12. Hart
If we get this kid O and Bradshaw become question marks from a health/availability standpoint. I think you have Thiero too low. If Bradshaw is healthy and wants to play he will get big minutes even if Ivisic is better. Dillingham and Shepard is an interesting quandary.

If we get this kid O and Bradshaw become question marks from a health/availability standpoint. I think you have Thiero too low. If Bradshaw is healthy and wants to play he will get big minutes even if Ivisic is better. Dillingham and Shepard is an interesting quandary.
Play Shep he is a KY kid if dillingham don’t want to wait till next year he can transfer

1. Wagner
2. Reeves
3. Edwards
4. Mitchell
5. Ivisic
6. Bradshaw
7. Sheppard
8. Dillingham
9. Onyenso
10. Thiero
11. Burks
12. Hart
1 seed potential IMO. Now it’s up to Cal to get them there.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
If everyone is 100%, then it becomes a question of positions and fit when it comes to Thiero.

Cal likes to rotate four bigs at the 4 and 5 spot. We essentially have four bigs if Ivisic joins the team: Mitchell, Bradshaw, Onyenso, and Ivisic. Burks isn’t expected to be ready to get into the mix this season.

So Thiero, who is listed as a guard, is probably the odd man out up front, though he seems to fit very well as a small ball 4.

So that leaves Thiero to compete for minutes in the backcourt.

Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, Dillingham, and Sheppard look to be better backcourt options at this point.

Thiero has the size/physique for the 3 spot, but Edwards is getting 30 out of the 40 minutes there and Cal will likely play small with Reeves at the 3 the rest of the time to free up minutes for the guards we have.

So Thiero is really going to have to bring it to break into the main rotation, if everyone is healthy.

But I figure health will be an issue, especially up front, and Thiero is going to be the guy that has to step up because one or both of Onyenso and Bradshaw aren’t 100% all season.

Dude we started pursuing him in April. I’m happy you know WAY more but he was a 5 star. He was a very known recruit. You completely deflected from your initial stance that he was some unknown who commited this late. A month sooner is far different timeline than what you implied, you also tried to imply Murray was some unknown when in fact we all knew of him by atleast by april. I’ll stand by original statement. I like you dude but you seem to snap when people disagree. And btw that pan am game you refer too Murray had already commited to uk the month before so he was very well known.
You are correct: according to 247, he was a 5 star and 11th ranked player in the class. His official visit to Ky was in May and committed in June.

What if Bradshaw is not healthy and his people tells him to shut it down for the season ? What would you do in that situation if you were in Cal's shoes ?

If this guy commits, would that put uk at the maximum ? If not take his 7' brother too

It appears Shep brings more to the table but we will see when the competition level heats up a bit
Agreed, all the talking heads agreed the teams in Canada were only slightly better than the Bahama teams and we know how that turned out. We won't know about this team until December.

Play Shep he is a KY kid if dillingham don’t want to wait till next year he can transfer

That's a dumb reason to play one guy over the other. Sounds about as dumb as calipari supposedly giving preferences to players.

How about you say play shep because so far he has earned it and looked better overall? Where a player is from or who his daddy is has no place in hierarchy of pt. Stop it.

Roll up them links buddy. And I like you too. I might be bipolar. Depends on the day. Lol

• Haha
Shooting is his weakness. He's really good at everything else.
The 3's didn't fall for Adou in Canada, but I thought his shot looked decent in limited attempts last year. His high school shooting stats are encouraging as well. I could easily picture him being a 35% or better shooter on 1 or 2 attempts per game this season. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part though

If Bradshaw's clown show handling circus wants to play games and threaten to shut him down, so be it. This Euro looks ready now. Pre-draft workouts against guys like Oscar proved it.

Agreed, all the talking heads agreed the teams in Canada were only slightly better than the Bahama teams and we know how that turned out.

This is patently false.

I haven't seen a single talking head say that.

The teams in Globl Jam were LIGHTYEARS better than the Bahamas teams. They just weren't as good as the teams that Baylor saw in the same event last year.

But the teams this year beat those Bahamas teams by 30+ every single time.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
The 3's didn't fall for Adou in Canada, but I thought his shot looked decent in limited attempts last year. His high school shooting stats are encouraging as well. I could easily picture him being a 35% or better shooter on 1 or 2 attempts per game this season. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part though
Yeah I agree with you I thought his shot looked pretty good last year as well but it looks as if he hqs regressed in that department. It makes me wonder if it has something to do with all the muscle he has put on. I dont think its a bad trade off in the short term and I also think it is something that he could fix rather easily. He just has to get in the gym.

This is patently false.

I haven't seen a single talking head say that.

The teams in Globl Jam were LIGHTYEARS better than the Bahamas teams. They just weren't as good as the teams that Baylor saw in the same event last year.

But the teams this year beat those Bahamas teams by 30+ every single time.
Apparently you haven't watched or listened to the podcasts that I have. But thanks for playing.

1. Wagner
2. Reeves
3. Edwards
4. Mitchell
5. Ivisic
6. Bradshaw
7. Sheppard
8. Dillingham
9. Onyenso
10. Thiero
11. Burks
12. Hart
That’s insane! Thiero as a 10th man?! Just an embarrassment of riches. I mean, I can’t disagree with your depth chart. Any of those 8-10 would start for 99% of the other college teams in the country.

Roll up them links buddy. And I like you too. I might be bipolar. Depends on the day. Lol
Here’s the one the other guy mentioned. Reading the article will make you sick though because it’s the same story. “Late add might save UK bb blah blah blah.” Granted Murray could have been a game changer if we had a big. I know Skal but he was awful and when cal figured that out he scrambled for the woodchopper who was also hyped. We ended up landing Murray and were a second round out. That’s how close we were to a disaster in 2015-16.

This article is mid may discussing his visit but the talk about cal pursuing Murray started after the school wore off after the 2015 season. So what mid April maybe a tad later because cal was emotionally reeling not to mention 2015 team had a huge roster that hadn’t turned yet.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ive-star-canadian-visiting-kentucky/27572571/

1. Wagner
2. Reeves
3. Edwards
4. Mitchell
5. Ivisic
6. Bradshaw
7. Sheppard
8. Dillingham
9. Onyenso
10. Thiero
11. Burks
12. Hart
I don’t think this guy starts. Bradshaw will start over him for his length. I think this guy is a 15 mpg player. When healthy I expect bradshaw at the 5. The wide open style with no interior defense works in international bb but not college. Could the dude surprise me and garner more minutes? Possible but I haven’t seen anything defensively to lead me to believe he’s an interior game changer on D or on the boards. I see this guy backing up Mitchell. Now if ugo and Bradshaw are out for a longtime this guy will play a lot but I think when Bradshaw makes it back which I’m not sure about well he’s gonna start with Mitchell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT