ADVERTISEMENT

*** Kentucky - Missouri Game Thread ***

We won and I will take it, but I still don't think that was a deserved to win that type of game. We did everything we could to not win it. Bad play calls, bad passes, bad runs, stupid penalties and the defense struggled in the first half. I honestly don't know if either team deserved it with the way Missouri played in the second half. We got it and I'm ecstatic that we did though. Going to need a full game of great play to have any chance against Georgia.
LOL you must live in a miserable world.

Snell was stuffed a few times, but all year long he has gotten us the yardage we needed.
Also, yeah, Benny got stuffed a few times, but how bad has Terry been at QB? He waits way too long to throw the ball, he isn't accurate at all and he takes too many sacks.
Benny has done it all season for this team, now all the sudden he's no good?
If Conrad drops that ball, everyone on this board would have said that Snell should have gotten the ball. You know that's a true statement.

Today Wilson was doing fine throwing the ball. I am not sure how his stats ended, but at around halftime he had 3 incompletions, and 2 of those were drops by Baker. So, he was very accurate on the short passes.

There is nothing wrong with going to Benny there. I didn't say he wasn't good enough. However, we challenged Missouri 3 times on 4th and short to stop us running the ball and we failed at it every time. Had we gone to Snell I wouldn't have been mad about it and would have accepted the play call (except the wildcat would have been dumb). Still, there was also nothing wrong with the pass.

Had Snell failed the board would have also been crazy and would have blown up calling it a bad play call. That is just the nature of this board.

Reactions: UKUGA and kyjeff1
And Terry was pulked in the game earlier. Why?
Terry is an awful pocket passer, the play worked, but if it didn't, whst eould you have said then?

He was pulled because it was a poor decision. Our offense wasn't stalling because of Wilson. It was stalling because of poor play calling, and changing quarterbacks didn't help that.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
During the TAMU game Benny was not stuffed all game long. They rarely tried to run he ball with him. Under 15 carries for him and he had 60 or 70 yards. We were mad because they weren't trying to run it with him. In this game, we tried it all game long, and it wasn't working. We actually tried it twice on 4th and failed.

I said before the play that you couldn't get mad at Gran for either decision. You could get mad at the particular play he called, but if he gave it to Benny then it would have been fine, but also to throw when we have struggled running wouldn't have been bad, and it wasn't.
Again, Benny was not stuffed all game long.
Also, you can't apply thst logic to Snell, but ignore Terry's issues at QB.
He completed a pass to win, now all the sudden he's Aaron Rodgers?
He was pulled earlier in the game because he was stinking up the place.
I'm glad it worked, that's the type of play call we should be confident in, but if that play didn't work, we would have cussed all the coaches and Terry.
You know I'm right.

It's like 30 minutes later and I still can't believe we won ! Oh man..I was down and out almost the entire game but that punt return for TD by Bowden changed things. Playing for the SEC East next week..I can't believe it. Man oh man !! What a win tonight !!

Reactions: eb4ukcats
I'm glad it worked, that's the type of play call we should be confident in, but if that play didn't work, we would have cussed all the coaches and Terry.
You know I'm right.
We won and you're still trying to justify it, stop crying waa waa.

And the offense came up HUGE on that last drive..but our defense is probably the best defense in the nation..and I stand by that statement.

Reactions: Aike
Today Wilson was doing fine throwing the ball. I am not sure how his stats ended, but at around halftime he had 3 incompletions, and 2 of those were drops by Baker. So, he was very accurate on the short passes.

There is nothing wrong with going to Benny there. I didn't say he wasn't good enough. However, we challenged Missouri 3 times on 4th and short to stop us running the ball and we failed at it every time. Had we gone to Snell I wouldn't have been mad about it and would have accepted the play call (except the wildcat would have been dumb). Still, there was also nothing wrong with the pass.

Had Snell failed the board would have also been crazy and would have blown up calling it a bad play call. That is just the nature of this board.
Terry was awful all game long until that drive.
I'm glad it worked out, but Rerry was pulled for Hoak for a reason.
Who knows, maybe that drive will get Terry going, I hope it does because he's got Sooooo much talent. UK is great when Terry is good.
But he was hot garbage most of this game.
Snell is still our guy.

And Terry was pulked in the game earlier. Why?
Terry is an awful pocket passer, the play worked, but if it didn't, whst eould you have said then?

If he’d taken a sack or made a bad throw, I would have questioned the call. But since he executed perfectly, I give credit to him and the coaches.

If Conrad had dropped a ball that hit his hands? I wouldn’t have blamed the coaches or TW.

Benny got stuffed for no gain again? I wouldn’t have been mad about the call, but I would have re-visited the definition of insanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1 and Ugoff
You guys disagree because the play that was ran worked.
But what has been the narrative ever since the 3rd and 2 play call at A&M?
Give tge ball to Benny.
Benny wasn't stuffed all night, he had a lot of nice gains.
Mizzou did load the box, but that is a gutsy play call with Terry at QB. Gutsy as hell.
What if that pass play failed? This place would be calling for Gran's head on a platter because again, Snell didn't get the ball with the game on the line.
Conrad caught the ball, so everything is great, if he dropped it....this place woukd be a zoo.
You know I'm right.
It took balls. Massive beach ball sized ones. That's one of those things we need to do to win. And he dialed it up .

Reactions: kyjeff1
I still like Hoak's arm when targeting guys close, he was hitting guys they were just well defended. But Terry ended the debate with that final drive. Not breaking news, but he is a rollercoaster. We will live and die as he goes. OL wasnt exactly getting it done tonight either TBH. Terry will keep improving as this season and the next two unfold. Will be very exciting to see him senior year. For now, we are just going to have to stay calm and breathe. I got fired up as hell during the game calling for Gunnar because the no 3rd down conversions simply cant continue.

Reactions: eb4ukcats
Yup, Snell never gained a yard, you're right. Not!
Look what happened at A&M.
Yes, the play worked and I'm ecstatic, love it, but with Terry at QB, we can't make a living throwing the ball in that situation too often.
Not sure what the A&M game has to do with this one. Snell had been stopped all night long on short yardage. The right play was called and perfectly executed. But all is good now, we will just have to disagree on this one.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If he’d taken a sack or made a bad throw, I would have questioned the call. But since he executed perfectly, I give credit to him and the coaches.

If Conrad has dropped a ball that hit his hands? I wouldn’t have blamed the coaches or TW.

Benny got stuffed for no gain again? I wouldn’t have been mad about the call, but I would have re-visited the definition of insanity.
And this is exactly what I'm talking about.
I'm thrilled the play worked, but that is a tough play to execute.
I'm simply saying exactly what you just said.
Snell is our guy and he should get the ball in that situation.
He didn't, the play worked, but if it didn't. Ouch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aike
You know I'm right.

He was not pulled because he was stinking up the place. That is silly.

No one is claiming Wilson is Rodgers. He had a good drive. He had a decent game for the most part. No, he doesn't make every throw and he has glaring problems, but he is pretty darn accurate for the most part.

If we ran the ball with Snell and it didn't work the board would have exploded as well because all game long in 3rd or 4th and short we went to the run game and we struggled. No, they didn't stuff Snell all game long, but they did largely keep him under wraps. He basically had two drives where he was really gashing them for the most part, and he might have scored a touchdown there, but failing would have driven out naysayers regardless. To throw it was not a bad call.

It took balls. Massive beach ball sized ones. That's one of those things we need to do to win. And he dialed it up .
Exactly. Gotta give the coaches credit for rolling the dice, because if it didn't work, Gran and Stoops would have been looking both ways ehen stepping off the plane.

He was not bad today. He got pulled after a drive where we had terrible execution (missed block) on 2nd down. His third down throw was not good, but it wasn’t worth benching him over.

And I said this at the time - not just after the comeback.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Who knows, maybe that drive will get Terry going, I hope it does because he's got Sooooo much talent. UK is great when Terry is good.
Snell is still our guy.
He was far from awful all game long. He actually had a very good game. Hoak had a terrible day and The calls for him should be done and over.

Snell is still our guy.
He was far from awful all game long. He actually had a very good game. Hoak has a terrible

I change my mind about the Georgia game next week. We have a real shot. If we would have lost in a blowout today or even blew Mizzou out or lost in heartbreaking fashion, I would hate our chances next week or at least dislike our chances..but the way we won today..on the last play in big comeback fashion under a ton of pressure making huge plays offensively and defensively..and with a huge crazy crowd at home next week. A LOT of momentum going into next game.

5 SEC wins. I never thought I'd see the day after 3+ quarters today. I honestly thought we were going to go 4-4 in the SEC again..but after today, obviously..no matter what happens next week..not only are we winning 5 SEC games, we're winning at least 6 SEC games. Tennessee can't stop the run to save their lives. Benny Snell AND Rose and Wilson will run all over them.

I don't mind Hoak for a series here and there. Maybe just to get Terry refocused. But Terry is absolutely out qb, and has by far the most upside. Our offense is frustrating, but I like my team!

Unbelievable win.
Just think, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, both missisdippi schools and Arkansas are all looking up at UK.
UK has a shot at the SECT game.
UK is 7 and 1.
UK could possibly, maybe get college gameday next weekend
Wow. Great job by Stoops.

Snell is still our guy.

If you want to critque Wilson because he didn't ever throw it deep then that is fine. However, he did have a good game. In the first half he was 11 for 15 with two of his incompletions being drops by Baker, and that was for 109 yards. He got one drive after the half where he threw 50 percent, one of which was a throw away.

The problem was not that he was playing badly as much as drives were stalling out because of poor play calling and mistakes. Baker drop would have gone for a big play, but he dropped a gimme that was a good pass. Then we did things like run a screen that wasn't blocked properly. We also did the silly wildcat on 2nd and 9 early in the game. Those sort of plays hurt the offense. It was not because Wilson was entirely ineffective as you're claiming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT