ADVERTISEMENT

*** Kentucky - Missouri Game Thread ***

How can you say that? They stoned Snell all game long. How many short yardage situations did we get blown up on? Geez.
Yup, Snell never gained a yard, you're right. Not!
Look what happened at A&M.
Yes, the play worked and I'm ecstatic, love it, but with Terry at QB, we can't make a living throwing the ball in that situation too often.

Reactions: warrior-cat
We absolutely deserved it. mo dee blinked at the end!

We won and I will take it, but I still don't think that was a deserved to win that type of game. We did everything we could to not win it. Bad play calls, bad passes, bad runs, stupid penalties and the defense struggled in the first half. I honestly don't know if either team deserved it with the way Missouri played in the second half. We got it and I'm ecstatic that we did though. Going to need a full game of great play to have any chance against Georgia.

I am so glad that I am not the coach. While they lined up for that last play I just kept saying “better give it to Benny, better give it to Benny...”. Thankfully they didn’t listen. Great play. Awesome JOB BOYS! 7-1!!!!

Well, the Hoak stuff is officially put to bed. Gran's playcalling hasnt been good, but neither has the players execution. Terry got it done when it mattered but his decision making and sailing balls way over guys heads has to improve. WRs need to do their part and get loose too. Gunnar actually hit his WRs they were simply well defended. Glad we won.

Defense really answered the bell the second half. They got after Lock and saved us once again.

So I ragged on Gran and Stoops all game for coaching, but it turns out that Odom made the worst call of the night. He chose to throw the ball instead of icing the game on the ground. Mizzou paid dearly for the incompleted passes.

Reactions: howercat
Disagree. Benny got stuffed all day, plus they were expecting it.
You guys disagree because the play that was ran worked.
But what has been the narrative ever since the 3rd and 2 play call at A&M?
Give the ball to Benny.
Benny wasn't stuffed all night, he had a lot of nice gains.
Mizzou did load the box, but that is a gutsy play call with Terry at QB. Gutsy as hell.
What if that pass play failed? This place would be calling for Gran's head on a platter because again, Snell didn't get the ball with the game on the line.
Conrad caught the ball, so everything is great, if he dropped it....this place woukd be a zoo.
You know I'm right.

Last edited:
Reactions: jauk11
You guys wanna know a secret... gran having the balls to call a pass there was fudging brilliant and he deserves apologies from some people. But shhhh it’s a secret

Well, it doesn't totally make up for the ton of bad calls before it, but I'll certainly at least give him credit for that play call.

I was waiting for them to motion Terry out of the backfield and run the wildcat that play. So glad they called a different play. I'm hoping like everything that drive gave Terry all the confidence he needs to play better the rest of the season. We need him to ball out to win next weekend.

Yup, Snell never gained a yard, you're right. Not!
Look what happened at A&M.
Yes, the play worked and I'm ecstatic, love it, but with Terry at QB, we can't make a living throwing the ball in that situation too often.

We had to.

I mean yeah in a normal situation you give it to your top RB. But Missouri stuffed us on the ground all game and how many 4 downs did we try to covert on the ground only to be stuffed in this game?

Terry has to at least keep defenses honest. I love the call honestly.

Reactions: MojoYamamoto
Last play should have gone to Snell actually and if Conrad dropped that ball, you would have crushed Stoops.
Snell is our guy, yes the play worked, but Snell should get that ball 10 times out of 10.
I don't like Gran's play calling, it makes no sense to me.
But Stoops has built this team, including the defense and the defense is one of the best in the country. Give credit where it is due.

You don’t go to Snell there after they’ve stopped us on short yardage runs over and over all day.

Give tge ball to Benny.
Mizzou did load the box, but that is a gutsy play call with Terry at QB. Gutsy as hell.
What if that pass play failed? This place would be calling for Gran's head on a platter because again, Snell didn't get the ball with the game on the line.
Conrad caught the ball, so everything is great, if he dropped it....this place woukd be a zoo.
You know I'm right.
Well, I'm not trying to pile on, just disagree. We were what 0-3 on 4th down runs? Seemed like the time to try something different. CJ is a sure-handed tight end. I'm not going to question the scoreboard.

We had to.

I mean yeah in a normal situation you give it to your top RB. But Missouri stuffed us on the ground all game and how many 4 downs did we try to covert on the ground only to be stuffed in this game?

Terry has to at least keep defenses honest. I love the call honestly.

Right, and it wasn’t like it was some goofy trick play. We used our NFL caliber tight end, like we’ve known we needed to all year to have the kind of season we want to have.

Reactions: Ugoff
Give tge ball to Benny.
You know I'm right.

During the TAMU game Benny was not stuffed all game long. They rarely tried to run he ball with him. Under 15 carries for him and he had 60 or 70 yards. We were mad because they weren't trying to run it with him. In this game, we tried it all game long, and it wasn't working. We actually tried it twice on 4th and failed.

I said before the play that you couldn't get mad at Gran for either decision. You could get mad at the particular play he called, but if he gave it to Benny then it would have been fine, but also to throw when we have struggled running wouldn't have been bad, and it wasn't.

When we played aggressive and played to win, Terry made the throw on time and on the money. I am still in shock at just how well we looked on that last drive. We looked like a different team.

Reactions: Ugoff
Give tge ball to Benny.
You know I'm right.

3rd and 2 vs. ATM was a different situation. If you come up short, you still kick a FG and your defense gets a chance to stop them.

This was one play where no touchdown = game over.

Disagree. They had stuffed it for 2 yards all game long. Might as well give ourselves more options and try to throw it, and if it doesn't work you still have Wilson to scramble for 2.
Snell was stuffed a few times, but all year long he has gotten us the yardage we needed.
Also, yeah, Benny got stuffed a few times, but how bad has Terry been at QB? He waits way too long to throw the ball, he isn't accurate at all and he takes too many sacks.
Benny has done it all season for this team, now all the sudden he's no good?
If Conrad drops that ball, everyone on this board would have said that Snell should have gotten the ball. You know that's a true statement.

:smiley:Just as i predicted earlier this week—we can’t beat mo scoring only 14 points.

hahaha. I have a friend who is a Missouri fan and at the beginning of the week I pointed out that UK hadn't given up more than 20 all year long and asked if it would last another week. He basically scoffed at the idea. I haven't mentioned it to him yet. Will likely just wear a smile.

Reactions: blubo and Ugoff
Snell was stuffed a few times, but all year long he has gotten us the yardage we needed.
Also, yeah, Benny got stuffed a few times, but how bad has Terry been at QB? He waits way too long to throw the ball, he isn't accurate at all and he takes too many sacks.
Benny has done it all season for this team, now all the sudden he's no good?
If Conrad drops that ball, everyone on this board would have said that Snell should have gotten the ball. You know that's a true statement.

Shhh, please.

You don’t go to Snell there after they’ve stopped us on short yardage runs over and over all day.
And Terry was pulked in the game earlier. Why?
Terry is an awful pocket passer, the play worked, but if it didn't, whst eould you have said then?

Last play should have gone to Snell actually and if Conrad dropped that ball, you would have crushed Stoops.
Snell is our guy, yes the play worked, but Snell should get that ball 10 times out of 10.
I don't like Gran's play calling, it makes no sense to me.
But Stoops has built this team, including the defense and the defense is one of the best in the country. Give credit where it is due.
Snell had been stopped all day on short yard situations. If CJ drops it I honestly wouldn’t have been pissed at the coaches. He was open and he always catches what’s thrown to him so I couldn’t blame him for one drop.

3rd and 2 vs. ATM was a different situation. If you come up short, you still kick a FG and your defense gets a chance to stop them.

This was one play where no touchdown = game over.
I like the play call if our qb is Drew Lock. Terry is not solid enough, IMO, to run that play in thst situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT