ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas lucks out again....

Baylor beats TT. So Kansas now tied with TT for first in the B12.

Do you honestly believe it was luck? Do you think it was just a coincidence that KU shot over 30 more foul shots than WVU, and that Texas Tech got called for the final five fouls in the Baylor game? The Big 12 hangs it hat on the KU conference championship streak. They are going to perpetuate it. The other teams have no chance.

Do you honestly believe it was luck? Do you think it was just a coincidence that KU shot over 30 more foul shots than WVU, and that Texas Tech got called for the final five fouls in the Baylor game? The Big 12 hangs it hat on the KU conference championship streak. They are going to perpetuate it. The other teams have no chance.

and everyone is out to get UK and they NEVER get a fair game.

Reactions: Jayrodt
The free throws aside, another monumental collapse by WVU.
You can count on them to fold like a lawn chair...

Reactions: KyFaninNC
As a former official if your watching a game with certain officials you can see when the home crowd gets in to the game and especially if its the home team making a run to catch up the whistle turns more favorable. Higgins is at the top of that list, Roger Ayers and Luckie would also be in the top five. Pat Adams is just a bad official all together, Ted Valentine cant stop the theatrics long enough to be a good official. I used to hate watching a game called by Carl Hess, but I think after he got dumped by the ACC he has actually humbled himself a little.

authentic-four-leaf-clover-luck.jpg

I would have agreed if not for a man named John Higgins.

Screwed us in Wisconsin Game, UCONN Game, and UNC Game. Every one of those games with championship implications.

Yes, UK gets screwed. Alot. Ask Benny Snell.

Had no idea Higgins was a ref in the Wisconsin and UCONN games. Thanks for the info, explains a lot.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
As a former official if your watching a game with certain officials you can see when the home crowd gets in to the game and especially if its the home team making a run to catch up the whistle turns more favorable. Higgins is at the top of that list, Roger Ayers and Luckie would also be in the top five. Pat Adams is just a bad official all together, Ted Valentine cant stop the theatrics long enough to be a good official. I used to hate watching a game called by Carl Hess, but I think after he got dumped by the ACC he has actually humbled himself a little.
Lenny Wurtz was a UNC homer. The Cheats never lost when Lenny was reffing.

35-2
Has there ever been a bigger free throw discrepancy?
That has to be a record.

Probably not but someone could check some games that involve Duke. They tend to have the highest offensive free throw rates and the lowest defensive free throw rates year in and year out.

I think I read WVU hadnt shot less FTs than that since like 1915 or something.

Reactions: TM2013
Probably not but someone could check some games that involve Duke. They tend to have the highest offensive free throw rates and the lowest defensive free throw rates year in and year out.

I think I read WVU hadnt shot less FTs than that since like 1915 or something.

2015 when UK played Illinois State....
UK shot 46 freethrows
Illinois St. shot 10.

36>33.

Has to be one of the largest descrpencies ever. And its not like Wvu is a bunch of soft guys who just stand on the perimeter.

12 of those free throws were from two Technical fouls on Huggy and intentional fouls at the end of the game. Hasn’t anyone ever watch a WVU game? Their game is based on holding, grabbing and pushing.

Reactions: Dalman
Has to be one of the largest descrpencies ever. And its not like Wvu is a bunch of soft guys who just stand on the perimeter.

UK shot 36 more free throws than Illinois State in 2015. There goes your first point.

WVU took 61 shots and only 12 were in the paint. There goes your second point.

Some posters are just plain ignorant. You clearly didn't watch the game.

Reactions: Dalman
12 of those free throws were from two Technical fouls on Huggy and intentional fouls at the end of the game. Hasn’t anyone ever watch a WVU game? Their game is based on holding, grabbing and pushing.

I don’t know if anybody takes issue with 35 free throws, but a lot of people take issue with 2 free throws

Reactions: kartmd and TM2013

BS. After DG's 2 FTs with 24 seconds it was still a 4 pt game. There were 5 FTs from that point on. Quit lying.

Reactions: shep21754
UK shot 36 more free throws than Illinois State in 2015. There goes your first point.

"One of" is def still accurate. Lowest Wvu FTs since 1915, that speaks for itself. Congrats on the win, dont get your panties in a bunch, its a UK board

2015 when UK played Illinois State....
UK shot 46 freethrows
Illinois St. shot 10.

36>33.

Dude, at least take bluegrass out of your name. It's not fooling anyone. You joined in Apr 2017 and your first posts were in Kansas and Missouri threads. Another post told us "good luck going to WVU, we would need football pads". Obviously a Kansas fan, so stop pretending with that pseudo UK screen name.

I watched the game, and you must be one of the ignorant posters you speak of... the tech on Huggins, esp the first one was BS.... Higgins had numerous calls that were blatantly pro KU.... it wasn't even close on the officiating...

Here come the chokehawk fans to try and defend the criminal whistle they get at home on a regular basis. It isn’t like the WVU game is an anomaly.

Reactions: TM2013
Refs have single handily turned a 15-12 crap NIT team into a 21-6 team that will probably get a 1 or 2 seed. Unbelievable.

Word in from the Big 12 office. They have reviewed game film and they found only 2 missed calls.

The "and 1s" given to WV were both wrong. Higgins and Luckie have both received reprimands.

On a more serious note, Texas Tech's best player and Big 12's 2nd leading scorer, Keenan Evans, was injured late first half and didn't play rest of game. 2 guys fouled out and another starter wasn't in game last 15 minutes (don't know why as I only saw game from that point and not explained)

Last edited by a moderator:
funny because KU is ranked in the 300s in FTA....

Kansas 3FGA - 692
WVU - 694

So, you guys both shoot almost the same number of 3s, and overall WVU shoots more FTs per game, but at AFH with Higgins reffing, it's 35-2. Not strange at all.

Oh, BTW, Kentucky 3FGA - 391. So, we shoot WAY fewer 3 pointers, so pretty easy to see why we shoot more FTs.

KU morons:

How many of the 7 fouls in the last 4:15 of the Kansas at TCU game which was tied at the time were on KU? None

In the last 2.5 minutes of the 1st Baylor game, with Baylor up 6, there was 4 fouls called. How many were on KU? None

There is a concerted effort to make sure KU wins the big 12. That is a fact & cant be denied.

Kansas 3FGA - 692
WVU - 694

So, you guys both shoot almost the same number of 3s, and overall WVU shoots more FTs per game, but at AFH with Higgins reffing, it's 35-2. Not strange at all.

Oh, BTW, Kentucky 3FGA - 391. So, we shoot WAY fewer 3 pointers, so pretty easy to see why we shoot more FTs.

WVU plays football on a basketball court, KU does not.

Maybe Huggins should have pitched a fit before he did,no matter.If i were a KU fan I would be ashamed to go on any board anywhere and try to justify what everyone who watched that game saw last night.You show up here on a fairly regular basis trying to justify or explain away something embarrassing that the KU basketball program has gotten away with or covered up. Doesn't it get old? Don't you get tired of feeling the need to do that? Do you ever question in your own mind what could be going on in the KU program and how deep the corruption runs there?

I'm actually honestly asking these questions because as much of a UK fan as I am if the things that have gone on there went on here year after year I would begin to question why I was a fan more than feel the need to defend the program.

funny because KU is ranked in the 300s in FTA....

Kansas 3FGA - 692
WVU - 694

Silent would you say the fact that WVU only took 12 shots in the paint may have something to do with their lack of free throw attempts?

Maybe Huggins should have pitched a fit before he did,no matter.If i were a KU fan I would be ashamed to go on any board anywhere and try to justify what everyone who watched that game saw last night.You show up here on a fairly regular basis trying to justify or explain away something embarrassing that the KU basketball program has gotten away with or covered up. Doesn't it get old? Don't you get tired of feeling the need to do that? Do you ever question in your own mind what could be going on in the KU program and how deep the corruption runs there?

I'm actually honestly asking these questions because as much of a UK fan as I am if the things that have gone on there went on here year after year I would begin to question why I was a fan more than feel the need to defend the program.

Lol. Yes. We totally pay off the refs. Higgins of all people. Who literally every KU fan groans when they find out that he is reffing our games because he's a terrible ref who misses ridiculous calls constantly. We paid him off. Or maybe he just likes us more because our fans don't send him death threats.

Doc, it is an educational service.
I really expected better of you,but those are tough question to answer and even tougher if you answer honestly.Anyone paying attention doesn't need an educational service to know and understand the KU basketball program.They bend and break the rules in most every aspect of college athletics,they are second only to UNC in the area of operating outside the rules and getting away with it.

ADVERTISEMENT