ADVERTISEMENT

Justus a candidate for UNC Wilmington job...

I like Joel Justice and hope he stays on staff but I understand that he hopes to be a head coach one day.

Reactions: fcats
I like Joel Justice and hope he stays on staff but I understand that he hopes to be a head coach one day.

Took me a few seasons but I’m on board with keeping Justus. His recruiting efforts have been paying off lately. Seems like he has a good connections with the players.

Oh that’s his alma mater...he prolly gone.

funny how that information travels in circles

Someone told me he was going to be considered for a head coaching job soon last week and I took it to mean like next year

I'm a huge Justus fan and think he has a bright future as a head coach. He has risen pretty quick through the ranks. In his late 30's and came to UK from the high school ranks in 2014. Anyone know the story of how Cal found him?

Good for him. He’s making some noise for a school to approach him about taking over as their head coach.

Don’t want to sound selfish but I want what’s best for UK basketball

I agree with you, but it’s also realistic that we can’t hold on to these guys forever. Part of me doesn’t trust Cal in replacing coaches. Slice and Barbee aren’t high on my list.

Anyone know the story of how Cal found him?
I think Cal was on a recruiting trip in North Carolina driving on a backroad and Justus was walking along the side of the road and Cal having a soft side for strays, picked him up and the rest is history.

Reactions: TIE543
I think Cal was on a recruiting trip in North Carolina driving on a backroad and Justus was walking along the side of the road and Cal having a soft side for strays, picked him up and the rest is history.
Sounds legit to me

This has nothing to do with Justus but was I hallucinating or was David Padgett doing in studio analysis this weekend? I am shocked he isn't on a staff somewhere. I thought he did a decent job at U of L after taking over for Pitino and that dumpster fire known as U of L.

Probably won't go after him due to the NCAA violations that occurred while he was a head coach (his brother's fault but he was in charge). Plus, I doubt he wants to come back and be behind Payne. He probably would want to be the top assistant and that ain't happening unless Payne leaves. He also works with the bigs at Illinois and Payne does that here now. I'm just not sure Antigua is a good fit at this time.

Sounds just like the Ja Morant story!

This has nothing to do with Justus but was I hallucinating or was David Padgett doing in studio analysis this weekend? I am shocked he isn't on a staff somewhere. I thought he did a decent job at U of L after taking over for Pitino and that dumpster fire known as U of L.
You are correct. Saw him too. Think Bryce Drew was in the studio with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT