ADVERTISEMENT

Even detractor Gary Parrish can't rule out UK

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Is it time to also start believing in the Wildcats?

Maybe.

They've always been college basketball's most talented team with the most future NBA Draft picks on the roster -- but they're still just 6-7 in the first two quadrants with a Q3 loss to Wilmington also on the résumé. They've lost four times at home this season, twice to currently unranked teams. When they're bad, they're bad. And they've been bad, relative to most expectations, at least, for much of this season.

But Calipari has been through this before.

In 2014, he also had a super-talented roster, but mostly shaky team, that finished 12-6 in the SEC and got a No. 8 seed from the selection committee. Then the NCAA Tournament started, and Kentucky beat Kansas State, Wichita State, Louisville, Michigan and Wisconsin to advance all the way to the national championship game. To be clear, I'm not necessarily predicting something similar. But what I am doing is insisting that the talent is in place to do something similar, and I'll never completely rule it out pretty much regardle
ss of what happens between now and Selection Sunday simply because of the talent that's available.

Reactions: sambowieshin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT