ADVERTISEMENT

Just seen on ESPN/SEC Network

ESPN uses various computer models to give them these weird stats. They should go to the guys they have on staff if they have any, who watch all the games and rate the teams according to what they have seen.
ESPN has become a worthless source for basketball analytics.

That’s what I’m saying, recent history aside for us, UT has never made a final four so they should be like 1% lmfao. I have to see how they came up with this.
A back court of Ziegler and Vezcovi ain’t likely to get to final four…they both are poor shooting guards over multiple years

Ziegler played well last night at least while I watched. I agree overall though. Shot pretty well.
Most people don’t realize vescovi snd zeigler shoot 40% and 38%! FG 32% and 34% from 3pt land

And this has been their deal for 2-3 years. Dudes play hard and in case of Vescozi play very strategic within college rules (ie flopping bullcrap) But if the game was officiated by rules….these two lead the brigade of hacking the crap out of guys, grabbing all day long etc…this is how they make impact for Tennessee

Reactions: Fox2monk
Most people don’t realize vescovi snd zeigler shoot 40% and 38%! FG 32% and 34% from 3pt land

And this has been their deal for 2-3 years. Dudes play hard and in case of Vescozi play very strategic within college rules (ie flopping bullcrap) But if the game was officiated by rules….these two lead the brigade of hacking the crap out of guys, grabbing all day long etc…this is how they make impact for Tennessee
No doubt, what’s their % for this year? I know each can get hot because I’ve seen game where both hit quite a few 3’s. Ziegler looked good from midrange last night and driving. He’s small and was finishing over some big dudes. I only watched the last 10 minutes or so idk how the rest of the game played out beforehand.

No doubt, what’s their % for this year? I know each can get hot because I’ve seen game where both hit quite a few 3’s. Ziegler looked good from midrange last night and driving. He’s small and was finishing over some big dudes. I only watched the last 10 minutes or so idk how the rest of the game played out beforehand.
Those are their percentages on the year…and last season was worse. Them playing so many minutes is why Tennessee was dreadful offensively

At Least Knecht is the mainstay on offense and those two guards are not anymore

Those are their percentages on the year…and last season was worse. Them playing so many minutes is why Tennessee was dreadful offensively

At Least Knecht is the mainstay on offense and those two guards are not anymore
Ok I thought they were career stats sorry. Man I wish we could have pulled Knecht. We would be even more unstoppable with him. I would love to see him be our small ball 4.

According to what source/methodology? I’d be curious to know how they came up with those dubious percentages.
tysondart1.gif

It’s a reverse psychology ploy to get more money in for UK. The more money in on UK, the less likely UK is allowed to win the Championship.

See UK 2015, 2017, Duke 2019 for recent examples.

But to just suggest African Americans were responsible for what ESPN does is a bit racist.

I'm sure there are white people that work at ESPN as well. Yes, I am white and you as a Moderator of all people should not have used this as an example of your bias. I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I stand up for what's right. But then again, it is Kentucky so...I don't expect any decorum.

Maybe they already know who the EE refs will be and that’s how they gave UK such a low percentage.

Whoever shows up and performs at 80% or higher for the rest of the season, might make the final four.

Consistency and luck are both a factor in making the final four.

But to just suggest African Americans were responsible for what ESPN does is a bit racist.

I'm sure there are white people that work at ESPN as well. Yes, I am white and you as a Moderator of all people should not have used this as an example of your bias. I'll probably get banned for posting this, but I stand up for what's right. But then again, it is Kentucky so...I don't expect any decorum.
Oh woe is me. Give it a rest. The joke wasnt racist. Good Lord.

Vegas sez:

Kentucky+450
Duke+550
Tennessee+600
Baylor+650
Gonzaga+650
North Carolina+650
Michigan State+700
Alabama+800
Auburn+900

Not sure about you, but I would go with the place that lays odds for money over the place that lays odds for entertainment....

This seems like a case where you can add percentages. Do their total percentages add up to 400?

Might be based on the flawed metrics which also show those 3 teams ahead of us.

If we removed every teams worse loss (which, there's an argument to be made you should do this anyways, along with best win)... Where would Kentucky be now? One loss in early November to a top5 team, I have to imagine we'd be #1 in the nation and top5 in metrics.

Reactions: Fox2monk
You haven't made a point though. You saw someone say the words African American and automatically labeled it racist when it is clear to anyone with a modicum of common sense he was making fun of North Carolina. I'm sick and tired of this race crap. You got called on your bullshit and don't like it. Too bad. Take the race baiting horseshit elsewhere. This thread is for making fun of ESPNs absurd metrics.

You haven't made a point though. You saw someone say the words African American and automatically labeled it racist when it is clear to anyone with a modicum of common sense he was making fun of North Carolina. I'm sick and tired of this race crap. You got called on your bullshit and don't like it. Too bad. Take the race baiting horseshit elsewhere. This thread is for making fun of ESPNs absurd metrics.
Have a Wonderful day

Lol, UNC and Duke are the poster children for ESPN. ESPN attempted to help hide that scandal. UNC used their African American studies dept as a degree mill for UNC athletics. UNC exposed their African American studies program to ridicule.

Last edited:
The metrics probably say we are generally going to win games if we keep dropping 90 a night. But we don’t play defense, and we aren’t gonna hang 90 a night in the post season. We are gonna have to win a couple of 63-58 type games, and we look incapable of that right now.

The metrics probably say we are generally going to win games if we keep dropping 90 a night. But we don’t play defense, and we aren’t gonna hang 90 a night in the post season. We are gonna have to win a couple of 63-58 type games, and we look incapable of that right now.

Cal loses those games most of the time so we need to score way more than 63 to win a game like that.

Look at both UCONN losses and KSU especially.

Reactions: Stan the caddy

Wow, you're really reaching here, and your shot at Kentucky as a whole is way out of line. It was not racial. It was a shot at the decades of institutionalized cheating at UNC***. This just happened to be the name of the department that created the fake classes to keep athletes eligible. It could just have easily been the Department of Legos Studies.

The odds for SEC Teams to make the final 4

UT- 22%
Auburn- 18%
Alabama - 16%
Kentucky - 6%

Make this make sense to me.

The team with the best chance has never been to a final four.

The team with next best chance has been to one final four.

The team with the third best chance has never been to a final four.

Meanwhile Calipari has been to 6 and UK, 17.

Makes sense to me...those 3 programs have been around for a roughly combined 350 years. Straight math on the chances...yep.

Wow, you're really reaching here, and your shot at Kentucky as a whole is way out of line. It was not racial. It was a shot at the decades of institutionalized cheating at UNC***. This just happened to be the name of the department that created the fake classes to keep athletes eligible. It could just have easily been the Department of Legos Studies.
I can smell the self loathing/hating stench of White Liberal coming off that poster. Stereotypes Kentucky, of which they are supposedly a fan of, makes this about race for some reason. Typical signs they exhibit.

Last edited:
The team with the best chance has never been to a final four.

The team with next best chance has been to one final four.

The team with the third best chance has never been to a final four.

Meanwhile Calipari has been to 6 and UK, 17.

Makes sense to me...those 3 programs have been around for a roughly combined 350 years. Straight math on the chances...yep.
Exactly, I know the past has no bearing on this year but the coaches their haven’t made one and every good team they have ever had never made one. Meanwhile, we have a boatload of em. Our coach has coached in more final fours than they have been to combined.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT