ADVERTISEMENT

Julius Randle discusses his time at UK on Paul George’s Podcast

This will not be his last year. He will decide when he wants to leave whether you like it or not. I expect UK to be back on top tbis year.
You are a fool if you think he will decide when he leaves. Eventually, Cal won't be able use the size of his buyout as leverage. If Cal told the university he is willing to leave without a buyout if that is what the school wants, he would be shown the door before he could complete the statement. Cal might be your crack, but most learned to just say no. Lol

Reactions: kywildcat41086
This is exactly why we don't need Cal. I get the fact that as a coach you are responsible for developing players for the game of life as well as on the hardwood, but with as much balance as possible, his primary responsibility should be Kentucky. Kentucky is writing his paycheck that enables him to prance around with swagg. It is no different than the typical 9 to 5 jobs that we have; our employers care about us, but you are kidding yourself if you don't realize that the business comes first. Kentucky has never come first for Cal which is why it is time for him to take his tired trick somewhere else. If he wants to make the players and the NBA first, he should get a G league job.

You seem a little aggressive and agitated. I think it was a unique and good pitch in the beginning, but hasn’t garnered the same results recently so I personally think maybe he should tweak it a bit. Maybe pump up the opportunity to play at Kentucky a little more so the recruits that don’t quite kill it their first year aren’t still desperate to leave because actually playing at Kentucky doesn’t hold much value.

You are a fool if you think he will decide when he leaves. Eventually, Cal won't be able use the size of his buyout as leverage. If Cal told the university he is willing to leave without a buyout if that is what the school wants, he would be shown the door before he could complete the statement. Cal might be your crack, but most learned to just say no. Lol
If there are no more serious injuries, the team should win at least 2 or 3 wins in the NCAA tournament. If we get those 2 or 3 wins and he has a great recruiting class for
the 2024 season also, I think he will coach at least 2 more seasons.
If you think he is going to be forced to resign, you are delusional as hell. If he were to have another season like the 9-16 season, things would obviously be different. I don't see that happening.

Something tells me the coach that replaces Cal will have an awfully short leash with you as well.
As far as Cal leaving on his own, if you trust Matt Jones take on the booster situation at UK then you know that big boosters are few and not organized.
In a soon to be 16 team league, UK would be near the bottom in booster influence.
That's the way Barnhart wants it and how many years has he been AD?
Zero chance a booster led coop would oust Cal.

You seem a little aggressive and agitated. I think it was a unique and good pitch in the beginning, but hasn’t garnered the same results recently so I personally think maybe he should tweak it a bit. Maybe pump up the opportunity to play at Kentucky a little more so the recruits that don’t quite kill it their first year aren’t still desperate to leave because actually playing at Kentucky doesn’t hold much value.
If honestly assessing the state of UK basketball under Cal is being aggressive and agitated, I will wear the label with honor. You seem to think if enough spices are added to slop someone will think it is a 5-star meal.

Cal is an arrogant prick and everyone knows it. He has gotten in the way of his own success since we lost to West Va with Wall and co. My statement is not negative it is just the truth. Can’t help it if you don’t like it. I still hope no matter how well we do this season, that it will be his last.
His teams did very well the next 5-6 years after that so not sure why the WVU game would be your start point.

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat and thedahc
If honestly assessing the state of UK basketball under Cal is being aggressive and agitated, I will wear the label with honor. You seem to think if enough spices are added to slop someone will think it is a 5-star meal.

I was more so referring to the way you’ve been addressing people in this thread. Calling people fools, saying that really weird analogy you just told me even though we agree. Just kinda trashy is all.

If there are no more serious injuries, the team should win at least 2 or 3 wins in the NCAA tournament. If we get those 2 or 3 wins and he has a great recruiting class for
the 2024 season also, I think he will coach at least 2 more seasons.
If you think he is going to be forced to resign, you are delusional as hell. If he were to have another season like the 9-16 season, things would obviously be different. I don't see that happening.
You sure love the word "if", so I will use it too. If UK's AD hadn't lost his mind, he would never have given Cal a lifetime contract that enabled him to become fat and lazy. If Cal hadn't become fat and lazy, he would have continued working hard to ensure that UK didn't become college basketball has-been. There are lots more ifs that apply, but I think you get the point.

Last edited:
Something tells me the coach that replaces Cal will have an awfully short leash with you as well.
As far as Cal leaving on his own, if you trust Matt Jones take on the booster situation at UK then you know that big boosters are few and not organized.
In a soon to be 16 team league, UK would be near the bottom in booster influence.
That's the way Barnhart wants it and how many years has he been AD?
Zero chance a booster led coop would oust Cal.
It is all about butts in seats. Revenue is what moves the needle.

I was more so referring to the way you’ve been addressing people in this thread. Calling people fools, saying that really weird analogy you just told me even though we agree. Just kinda trashy is all.
I didn't directly call anyone anything unless the conditional statement applies to them. If the shoe fits...

For him to be running that hot this early on a Sunday morning is something man. It's a lot.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
For him to be running that hot this early on a Sunday morning is something man. It's a lot.

Ya maybe it’s because I’m drinking coffee and playing with my kiddos shooting the shit on here but I was just reading his posts and was like “whoa brother chill” 😂

Reactions: thedahc
Seems like a lot of deflecting going on. When you have nothing else, the strategy is to always attempt to focus on something else.

It is all about butts in seats. Revenue is what moves the needle.
,"Butts in the seats" has seen it's better days.
Millennials and younger are not the fans boomers and gen X er's were/are.
Student interest has been dwindling every year.
Probably one reason Mitch has come around on beer sales.
TV contracts drive athletics.

I guess delusional and douche are classy words since you didn't complain about the use of them.

I have no dog in the fight here, and I disagree with @Ron Mehico on a lot of UK discussions I think, but from reading this thread, it's not him that comes off bad.

His "alright buddy have a good one" was not him "scattering" it seemed more out of pity
You are not sure if you disagree with a lot of your discussions with Mehico? It seems that you have more than just a dog missing in this fight. Lol. Now that Mehico's translator has spoken, all is well. Lol

Last edited:
You sure love the word "if", so I will use it too. If UK's AD hadn't lost his mind, he would never have given Cal a lifetime contract that enabled him to become fat and lazy. If Cal hadn't become fat and lazy, he would have continued working hard to ensure that UK didn't become college basketball has-been. There are lots more ifs that apply, but I think you get the point.
He is on the verge of adding Mitchell and Somto to the #1 recruiting class in college basketball. He has to be working hard in order to sign that kind of talent. The man deserves some criticism. I think however it is ridiculous to call him fat and lazy.

He is on the verge of adding Mitchell and Somto to the #1 recruiting class in college basketball. He has to be working hard in order to sign that kind of talent. The man deserves some criticism. I think however it is ridiculous to call him fat and lazy.
I agree with you that he appears to be working harder now than he has in the past 5 years. However, it is obvious that he is working harder because he hears the dogs barking and they are closing the gap. Had he never been given that ridiculous contract, the university would have the leverage to ensure that he always work hard. This is the first time since being at Kentucky that the press has questioned his coaching. I believe that his newfound work ethics are motivated by the increasing amount of bad press coming from reporters.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK-chulo
Good lord shittown. As of two weeks ago we had 7 scholarship players. Trying to add a reclass freshmen and another player who is transferring only due to his coach getting canned isn’t working hard, it’s called scrambling. Doesn’t matter who ends up on this roster, Cals still “coaching”. Another 10 plus loss season is inevitably on the way.

Ya I mean I think as a salesman there are plenty of ways to pitch a product, right? Like maybe someone like John Scheyer who played at Duke is pitching how great Duke is and how great it is to be there in addition to personal gain and maybe that’s why a first round pick like Kyle flipowski decided to come back as opposed to ours that were not even drafted left? Who knows. I think if you’re at Kentucky you would want to utilize everything at your disposal including the tradition of the place but it’s whatever. Clearly Cal has his pitch and his way he sells the program and I guess all we can judge its effectiveness by is the results.
maybe KF was offered a whole lot of NIL money from the very very wealthy Duke Alumni to stay
i would say Scheyer's biggest pitch is NIL money

Good lord shittown. As of two weeks ago we had 7 scholarship players. Trying to add a reclass freshmen and another player who is transferring only due to his coach getting canned isn’t working hard, it’s called scrambling. Doesn’t matter who ends up on this roster, Cals still “coaching”. Another 10 plus loss season is inevitably on the way.
You call it scrambling. I call it learning from prior mistakes. After 3 disappointing seasons, Cal and his staff are being more careful about who they recruit.
They have recruited players from the portal who have not been UK caliber for the past several years.
Mitchell seems to be a perfect fit for the roster. Reeves proved last year that he belongs at UK. You also are not giving the man any credit for the #1 recruiting class. I also am tired of the Cal haters and their negative predictions about this upcoming season.

Reactions: mebeblue2
You call it scrambling. I call it learning from prior mistakes. After 3 disappointing seasons, Cal and his staff are being more careful about who they recruit.
They have recruited players from the portal who have not been UK caliber for the past several years.
Mitchell seems to be a perfect fit for the roster. Reeves proved last year that he belongs at UK. You also are not giving the man any credit for the #1 recruiting class. I also am tired of the Cal haters and their negative predictions about this upcoming season.
You post about Cal as if he has only a couple of years coaching experience. The output of those players is more about Cal than the players. You seem to be unable to avoid holding Cal accountable.

Last edited:
Must have touched the nerve of another Cal lover.
so if some calls you when you are being an asshat that makes them a Cal lover?!. Try to be a man amd admit this doesnt have anything to do with Cal versus your smart ass remarks.! Ive want Cal gone since about January and feel strongly we need fresh leadership.

You post about Cal as if he has only a couple of years coaching experiencing. The output of those players is more about Cal than the players. You seem to be unable to avoid holding Cal accountable.
Correct.
Askew lit it up when he got a real coach.
Whitney definitely showing everyone why he's called the "Dragon".
BJ has Kawaii looking over his shoulder everyday lol.

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat
No one was happy with the Sharpe situation. I'd venture to say Cal wasn't as well. That situation was unlike any other and feels like a cherry-pick in context to what I actually wrote.

By the way, there was nothing else to read after the last sentence.
I'm glad you found my humor not humorous. The Sharpe situation, though a first time thing, will never ever be a cherry picked situation. Cal created that and allowed to persist. Cal didn't give two shits what anyone thought about the Sharpe situation. No one with good morals would have remained silent on that. It's unacceptable and exempt from being pushed under a rug.

Julius Randle really demonstrates why Mitch wanted Cal to be a "lifelong" ambassador. His connection with the players is that strong.

It's unfortunate that Cal has coasted the last few years. Hopefully this next team turns that around and gets back to 30+ win seasons, Final Fours, and UK being back in the bright lights.
His career at UK. He is not turning this around in the amount of time he has left here.

If it doesn't read like you want it, apply your own words to make it sound better.
Excuse me? I never applied my own words just the context of what Julius was talking about when he said Cal dont change for nobody. How about you go back and watch the video. He was referring to Cal being impartial to whoever a player was when it comes to conditioning and the way he runs his practices. How could you flat out take a quote out of context like that and use it to push some agenda and then accuse me of making up my own words? Tell me right now the words I made up.

• Haha
I'm glad you found my humor not humorous. The Sharpe situation, though a first time thing, will never ever be a cherry picked situation. Cal created that and allowed to persist. Cal didn't give two shits what anyone thought about the Sharpe situation. No one with good morals would have remained silent on that. It's unacceptable and exempt from being pushed under a rug.
You know this, how?

so if some calls you when you are being an asshat that makes them a Cal lover?!. Try to be a man amd admit this doesnt have anything to do with Cal versus your smart ass remarks.! Ive want Cal gone since about January and feel strongly we need fresh leadership.
You have problems that extends beyond any of this, so you are not worth any further discussions with. Have a nice day!!

His teams did very well the next 5-6 years after that so not sure why the WVU game would be your start point.
Did u see how Wall got abused by a second string point point guard because Cal makes no adjustments? Did u see how Cal made no adjustments to the 1-3-1 zone that Huggins employed? Huge red flags to me about Cal’s in game coaching ability.

Reactions: KFuqua
Did u see how Wall got abused by a second string point point guard because Cal makes no adjustments? Did u see how Cal made no adjustments to the 1-3-1 zone that Huggins employed? Huge red flags to me about Cal’s in game coaching ability.
Technically Cal adjusted to that 1-3-1 zone, but unfortunately for us, he didn't make those adjustments until halftime of the 2011 tournament game.

So cal knew that a better player who would be a better fit for our team would end up transferring due to a coaching termination? Did Huggins tell him to hold out for Mitchell weeks ago and that he was going to do something to get fired? Cals last several years are the reason for negative predictions. He’s also going to battle mostly with players who have never battled before. It’s a very probable outlook. So you feel otherwise apparently so if we fail to produce again this year will you hold cal responsible or just make more excuses for him?

Can the CHC do anything besides make personal attacks?

Anyway, he is spot on. Cal will be here many more years and will not leave until he wants to on his terms. Cal has never used the buyout as leverage because he's never needed to use it for anything. No one at UK with the power to make that decision has ever even entertained the thought of firing Cal. Nor has any booster that has input ever brought up firing Cal to anyone.

You live in a delusional world with your couple dozen other cult members. And if the university wanted Cal gone he would be gone. They couldn't care one iota about the buyout. But they wouldn't have to cover it anyway. Many schools would pay it just to hire Cal. Some would even fire their current coach in order to hire Cal.

Bro, dawg….
Former players appreciate the program much more than the fans.

Program? You made that inference from the video in this thread? I can respect your view but I don’t see it. Maybe for cal and getting to the league but not ky basketball.

Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT