ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Jones..

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
Last year before the season started Marcus Spears said there was no better LB in the Sec than JJ and he kinda made a name for himself , but not in a good way for the most part. I think Stoops had a little come to Jesus talk with him. This season JJ let his playing speak for him and he had an excellent season. He has not gotten as much pub, but I still believe he is going to be a great get for some NFL team...GOOD LUCK JJ!

I think Jordan Jones will be the steal of the draft, and with his (now) mature style of play, might go higher than many think. He’ll have to impress at the combine, and I think he’ll do just that.

Yes. He’s matured a lot this last year. Not even the same person now. Thank god for that to , at least for his career after college. Some kids take a long time to grow mentally but he’s a great young man and has grown up in front of our eyes. I love all these kids here. I swear I feel like they’re mine. Lol. He’s going to do good things in his life I believe, I’m glad Coach Stoops didn’t give up on him. That says a lot about who we’ve got in charge of things here. Coach is class act, he really is. I’m proud to have him and wouldn’t want anyone else as our coach.

I think Jordan Jones will be the steal of the draft, and with his (now) mature style of play, might go higher than many think. He’ll have to impress at the combine, and I think he’ll do just that.
A good combine and additional 10-20 pounds and his stock will jump for sure. His size is his biggest hurdle right now from what I’ve read.

Last year before the season started Marcus Spears said there was no better LB in the Sec than JJ and he kinda made a name for himself , but not in a good way for the most part. I think Stoops had a little come to Jesus talk with him. This season JJ let his playing speak for him and he had an excellent season. He has not gotten as much pub, but I still believe he is going to be a great get for some NFL team...GOOD LUCK JJ!
I believe he could shock some folks in the combine.

Agreed. He seemed to really grow up, and that’s very impressive for someone to recognize and actually do.

Good post.

It's one of the satisfactions I draw from following UK football -- watching a young man like Jordan Jones mature, develop and find himself within the larger framework of the team, and with a little tough love to help him get there. I don't know about his pro prospects, but I hope that experience will stay with him for a long time.

Reactions: THE_OAK
Agreed. He seemed to really grow up, and that’s very impressive for someone to recognize and actually do.

Good post.
Same here. After last seasons fiasco re: his behavior, I wouldn’t have been sorry if he had left the team. I have been pleasantly surprised at the change in JJ. Whatever Stoops and staff did with him in the offseason was a job well done.

Reactions: kev69
Kudos to Jordan Jones for his growth and maturity and also to Coach Stoops for working with him to get this outcome. Many coaches and many CI Posters would have cut him loose long ago. Honestly, it could have been justified too. That shows how far J Jones has come!

I was watching some highlights of the UK - UL game the other day and was thinking the same thing. He really had an outstanding season. He is one of the best if not best UK linebackers I've seen blow through a opening in LOS and hit a back in the backfield. He has super acceleration to get through the line.
GO BIG BLUE !!!

I was watching some highlights of the UK - UL game the other day and was thinking the same thing. He really had an outstanding season. He is one of the best if not best UK linebackers I've seen blow through a opening in LOS and hit a back in the backfield. He has super acceleration to get through the line.
GO BIG BLUE !!!
Think ihe has every bit of the potential that Williamson, Trevathan and Woodyard had and they've certainly done ok!

He reminds me of Ryan Shazier. Elite speed, undersized but plays bigger, football instinct. Some team is going to fall in love with him and take him in the second round. Hope it’s my Steelers.

The kid had unbelievable side line to side line speed. His lateral speed is about as good as you will see. When he plays within the scheme of the defense he’s as good as there are. Expect him to have a long NFL career

I expect JJ to be a key player in the Citrus Bowl. Penn State will focus on Josh Allen. JJ, Boogie, and Kash should have a great game.

I doubt Benny will get ejected this time.

Well deserved I think.
He’s got the motor and skills to certainly be in that conversation. Like was said above, he just needs 10-20 more pounds and he’s a starter for some lucky NFL Team. With the professional lifestyle, he’ll be able to focus all his time on his eating habits, and his workouts an training. He’s already a Absolute beast at his size right now, with 15 more pounds on his frame he will be dangerous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT