ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks

Like someone else said on here today. Get this kid to stick around. Hope the staff is telling him that the way he puts his head down and works is going to have everyone talking next year when he gets let loose. Just stay put, it’s the best thing for your development and NIL!! I said earlier this week I don’t think he’ll transfer, but I do think he’ll leave the program and attempt to work his way up through the G-League. NBA scouts are very much aware of this kid. Doesn’t seem logical because of what I just said about NIL and development, but that’s unfortunately the culture at UK.

As for that interview, he’s just 100% himself, never a canned or reserved answer. Some of our guys are almost too media trained and will never play into the questioner’s angle. I get why they don’t because they don’t want to give away sound bites. Burks seems entirely unconcerned with it. Like most people aren’t gonna say “I paid for that woman’s stuff because it made me feel good”. That can look almost narcissistic in print. Actually hearing it though, no one would mistake it for anything other than genuine. What a gem.

No one will ever touch Tyrese Maxey in that category though, everything is from the top of his head, gives you everything you want and goes a mile a minute just like the way he plays.

The college game is slowing down for him and his play and his hustle is getting better. He has improved so much. He might not of been getting minutes in games but Pratice has got him better. He's going to contribute in SEC competition. He deserves that UK uniform. He wears it proud. Give him some minutes. I love these kids.

Go Cats!

I don’t know how good he will end up being at BB but he sure sounds like a quality man. Goose had him on the post game and he was just so humble and nice. Pulling for you Jordan !
I think Jordan will be very good for us. I hope he stays a couple years. He definitely has talent. He does whatever we need to get his minutes, he’s producing in his limited time, and he plays super hard. He has a bright future if he develops here. We have picked up some very good under the radar kids lately in him, Adou, Hart, etc..

Like someone else said on here today. Get this kid to stick around. Hope the staff is telling him that the way he puts his head down and works is going to have everyone talking next year when he gets let loose. Just stay put, it’s the best thing for your development and NIL!! I said earlier this week I don’t think he’ll transfer, but I do think he’ll leave the program and attempt to work his way up through the G-League. NBA scouts are very much aware of this kid. Doesn’t seem logical because of what I just said about NIL and development, but that’s unfortunately the culture at UK.

As for that interview, he’s just 100% himself, never a canned or reserved answer. Some of our guys are almost too media trained and will never play into the questioner’s angle. I get why they don’t because they don’t want to give away sound bites. Burks seems entirely unconcerned with it. Like most people aren’t gonna say “I paid for that woman’s stuff because it made me feel good”. That can look almost narcissistic in print. Actually hearing it though, no one would mistake it for anything other than genuine. What a gem.

No one will ever touch Tyrese Maxey in that category though, everything is from the top of his head, gives you everything you want and goes a mile a minute just like the way he plays.
I agree, I really want Jordan to stick around a couple years. He has skill, and he plays hard. I think his future is really bright.

Last edited:
Asking fir a friend …. Is it be possible that he is better than Bradshaw and/or Oyenso ???
Not yet, but he’s good. Ugo made some moves to the basket tonight that shows how much he’s improved. His defense is amazing, but he had a pick and roll that was beautiful that he wouldn’t have been able to do last year. I’m impressed with him a lot, and he didn’t slow us down when he was in the game tonight. If he develops some offensive back to the basket moves, can start hitting FT’s, and have any kind of jumper. He will be a dominate player.

Last edited:
He's got more game on offense than he did last year. Im so proud of him. No signs of injury which is wonderful. A couple more games and it will be all go. He will be more comfortable and know his spots and be more active. He's a big boy and boy, can he run on our fast breaks. That dunk was great.

Go Cats!

Shows flashes of Kenyon Martin type game. I hope he sticks with kentucky and grows into a similar role. !

Reactions: teli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT