ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Rothstein's 'bracketology.' Has UK as a #2 seed. 8 SEC teams selected.

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
Wisconsin is the top 2 seed? And he has Auburn as a 3 seed, but says they will be teh SEC's auto bid? Rothstein needs to polish this up a bit...

Wisconsin is the top 2 seed? And he has Auburn as a 3 seed, but says they will be teh SEC's auto bid? Rothstein needs to polish this up a bit...
Doesn’t that imply that UK is the best SEC team but he thinks AU wins the SECT? I mean, it could be a typo but there’s been several years where we’re a higher seed than the SECT winner. It’s not impossible and (quite frankly) a very real possibility this year. We could win the regular season, end up with the highest seed, but AU or UT happen to go on a hot run in the SECT

Doesn’t that imply that UK is the best SEC team but he thinks AU wins the SECT? I mean, it could be a typo but there’s been several years where we’re a higher seed than the SECT winner. It’s not impossible and (quite frankly) a very real possibility this year. We could win the regular season, end up with the highest seed, but AU or UT happen to go on a hot run in the SECT
All true. It just seems to me that if he's predicting a tourney winner at this point in time it should be the team projected w/ the highest ceiling. I could see him picking Kentucky because all the youth on our team, in theory, would struggle during the regular season (thus earning the lower seed) and peak in time for the tourney. But if he sees our young team outplaying Auburn through the course of the season, what justification is it to say Auburn will be playing better in March?

The push for Wisconsin to be a 2 seed is truly mind boggling stuff. They played road games at Arizona and Providence and were smoked both games. Also lost at home to Tennessee. Wins against teams like Marquette,Virginia,Michigan St and Ohio St are what these so called “pundits” are using to pump them up. Obviously not a lot of intelligent thought put into these Bracket prognostications.

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT