ADVERTISEMENT

Jarred Vanderbelt

We really need this guy!

gun-belt-1.5-inch-wide-black-dual-layer-bullhide_5efd470c-f5fb-4fdd-93fc-7a1a2ca5b32b.jpg

Wrong. This player has been injured several times & you don't just walk on the court after sitting for months & make a team better. This guy will never live up to the expectations the fans have put on him.

The longer he is out the more unreal the expectations will be. He was never a great offensive player, but a real hustle guy who can play defense. We can definitley use that, but he will not take over a game.

Wrong. This player has been injured several times & you don't just walk on the court after sitting for months & make a team better. This guy will never live up to the expectations the fans have put on him.

Exactly.

If Vanderbilt can play this year, it is going to be a blessing, but to expect him to be our savior is unrealistic.

I'm not expecting much, especially early on. If he gets back in time to get some minutes in the SEC, then hopefully by March he can be a rotation player.

name one person that's shoots jumpers when shooting foul shots

Depends on the person and what makes them comfortable. Some guys spread their legs some close them. Some even tilt their bodies sideways.
I used to play with a guy who always backed up about a foot away from the line to shoot his. In summer league teammate of mine would shoot with his off hand. Was a lefty but shot ft right handed.

I still think he doesn’t play this year at all.

I am wondering too. My observation about shooting FLATFOOTED was that he is not flexing his foot...as observed by CnR above, nearly all lift their heels and are basically up on their toes after they release. Heels on the ground tell me they do not want him flexing his foot....still....even under what I would assume to be very little stress. Maybe just timing of the photo. Hope that is all.

Has anyone observed his walk? That was a big issue with KAT.

Is he running? I mean its December. If he isn't cleared to run yet he won't be suiting up this year

Is he running? I mean its December. If he isn't cleared to run yet he won't be suiting up this year

Not only is he not running, he's not moving!! He just stands there flat footed!! Can't you see?! I'll be surprised if he ever plays again. Poor guy.

Correct. Unlikely JV plays this year. And since Calipari has only shown interest in 1 true forward in this class, it suggests he expects JV back next year.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I honestly feel that if he can’t be back by SEC play then he should sit for the year. Number of reasons: make sure he’s fully healthy for his sake, make sure he’s fully healthy for the teams sake...and then there is the concern of disrupting chemistry if he comes in too late. I don’t care how good he is, that’s incredibly important

Reactions: brianpoe
name one person that's shoots jumpers when shooting foul shots
I think he was referring to the fact that he wasn't on his toes. He has been shooting stationary and flat footed. If he isn't doing weight bearing activities yet, then it will be awhile before he can return.

I think he was referring to the fact that he wasn't on his toes. He has been shooting stationary and flat footed. If he isn't doing weight bearing activities yet, then it will be awhile before he can return.
well the ball is almost to the rim, i dont know many that stay on their toes after the shot, so basically you can only garner so much info from a snap shot

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat78Scot
I see a static still-shot picture showing a FT shot, but apparently there is a ton of information to be gleaned. Who knew?

Reactions: Cat78Scot
Coach Payne isn't even watching! It's clear he has no business being a D1 coach, he doesn't care about these kids, and already has one foot out the door for a new job. It's also clear he is embarrassed to be seen in Kentucky blue. This picture is all I need, I hope Cal left him in Lexington to pack up his stuff.

Reactions: Chase4UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT