ADVERTISEMENT

Jarred Vanderbelt

Wrong. This player has been injured several times & you don't just walk on the court after sitting for months & make a team better. This guy will never live up to the expectations the fans have put on him.

To some degree I agree. If/when he returns, I think he will contribute, but he won't be a game changer.

My wife hates that I'm so negative but if he isn't 75% ready now (which he is not) its not going to happen. Also this team is growing a little every game, finding their identity, creating chemistry, and just trying to get better. If he was ready to play by Mid January it will take some time to help and gel with the team in my opinion.

I remember what Karl Towns said about the adjustment from College to Pro. He said the most difficult part was from HighSchool to college.. This coming from a stud!! Jared will not only have to adapt to the team but the pace, style, and speed of college bball.

The longer he is out the more unreal the expectations will be. He was never a great offensive player, but a real hustle guy who can play defense. We can definitley use that, but he will not take over a game.
Agree mostly, but I remember him in the Nike Summit game. Which, to me, is a real game and not some All-Star game. He was the difference in the game imo. Not saying he is an AD type, but he is simething most teams do not have. A guy that run the offense at 6-9.

Correct. Unlikely JV plays this year. And since Calipari has only shown interest in 1 true forward in this class, it suggests he expects JV back next year.

Even if JV gets back in January, between getting back up to speed, and NBA Gm's making sure that he is not injury prone, I think he will come back. But, that being said, I think he is the difference in possibly a sweet 16 team, and one that goes to the final 4.

Reactions: brianpoe
Even if JV gets back in January, between getting back up to speed, and NBA Gm's making sure that he is not injury prone, I think he will come back. But, that being said, I think he is the difference in possibly a sweet 16 team, and one that goes to the final 4.

Really? I see him as a big help too but I think it just solidifies this team's chances or raises the odds at a Final Four trip.

Really? I see him as a big help too but I think it just solidifies this team's chances or raises the odds at a Final Four trip.

That is basically what I said. His return dramatically increases our chances of getting to the final 4.

Reactions: BBUK
I am sure Vanderbilt is wanting to get back on the court and start practicing with UK. He knows right now he would be getting 30+ minutes of playing time and would help him to move up as a Lottery pick for 2018 NBA Draft. If you watched Vanderbilt in the Nike Hoops Summit and the Jordan Brand Classic he was outstanding in both games. In both games Vanderbilt had 20 minutes of playing time in each game and scored 19 points in each game and had double digit rebounds in both games. Vanderbilt was the best player on the court on both nights and in just 20 minutes to get 19 and 10 in both games is outstanding. We could really use Vanderbilt right now on the court and would average around 15-20 points and near Double-Digit in rebounds in each game. I am hoping he is close to practicing with the team and hopefully back with the team when we enter SEC Schedule. Most of the fans on here sound like he just doesn't want to play and will just enter the 2018 NBA draft. I am sure he wants to get back on the court and play the remainder of the season just to see how his foot will be and if it is ok or will he need surgery. Also, it will only help Vanderbilt to get back on the Court and play again that would help him to move up in the 2018 NBA Draft and get back near the Lottery pick that everyone believed he would be before this injury happened again on his foot.

Only UK fans would go to great lengths to nitpick a still photo.

This kid could help, but a lot of you all are expecting him to be a savior. Don't do that. Let's just hope he can contribute by the postseason.

I admit I'm feeling a bit cynical this evening, but I think he's working for the combine and the draft. I seriously doubt he ever plays for UK. I think Richards and Washington will go to. Knox and Diallo are a given. I wouldn't be surprised if SGA does as well. The NBA likes 6'6" guards.

I admit I'm feeling a bit cynical this evening, but I think he's working for the combine and the draft. I seriously doubt he ever plays for UK. I think Richards and Washington will go to. Knox and Diallo are a given. I wouldn't be surprised if SGA does as well. The NBA likes 6'6" guards.
I guess I am equally cynical,but in a different way.I doubt that Vanderbilt plays this season,I don't think he will be physically able to play.I think he will eventually have surgery to fix whatever the issue is.If that is successful he will play next year to prove to the pros he is not damaged goods. Vanderbilt was injured in an all-star game,he re-injured himself 6 months later in a practice or pick-up game so it seems likely that injury is going to be a recurring problem for him. I hope that he is able to play this year but there is little reason to believe that will happen.

Richards and Washington will go if they play their way into the first round(Richards is already there most likely and Washington has work to do)Knox and Diallo are gone and we are likely to have at least one transfer.

As I have said I just enjoy watching the games because one of the teams playing is wearing UK uniforms and I am a UK fan.I haven't given in to having expectations for this team and will hopefully be watching next season when whoever is wearing UK uniforms takes the court.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I guess I am equally cynical,but in a different way.I doubt that Vanderbilt plays this season,I don't think he will be physically able to play.I think he will eventually have surgery to fix whatever the issue is.If that is successful he will play next year to prove to the pros he is not damaged goods. Vanderbilt was injured in an all-star game,he re-injured himself 6 months later in a practice or pick-up game so it seems likely that injury is going to be a recurring problem for him. I hope that he is able to play this year but there is little reason to believe that will happen.

Richards and Washington will go if they play their way into the first round(Richards is already there most likely and Washington has work to do)Knox and Diallo are gone and we are likely to have at least one transfer.

As I have said I just enjoy watching the games because one of the teams playing is wearing UK uniforms and I am a UK fan.I haven't given in to having expectations for this team and will hopefully be watching next season when whoever is wearing UK uniforms takes the court.

Hope your right, but Vanderbilt has real talent, and size, and that might be enough for the NBA to overlook his injuries. He'll fish the water's for sure. Whether he catches anything we'll just have to wait and see.

Cal won't risk Vanderbilt's NBA future by having him play for UK. These kids are all about getting to the NBA.......and so is Cal. UK is a pit stop, an opportunity to audition, nothing more. And that's kind of a sad truth, but truth none-the-less.

Cal won't risk Vanderbilt's NBA future by having him play for UK. These kids are all about getting to the NBA.......and so is Cal. UK is a pit stop, an opportunity to audition, nothing more. And that's kind of a sad truth, but truth none-the-less.
Can't say you are wrong,but an audition means people watch you do something to see how well you do it .Diallo auditioned and it was decided he needed to actually play games,I think Vanderbilt will be in the same position for a different reason .Diallo needed to improve his basketball skills or he would not be here. Vanderbilt likely has the necessary skills he has to prove that he can stay healthy enough to use them.I don't think he can do that in a combine or workout situation.

Give Doc the shotgun...

Give it a rest, you're an imposter anyway.

Tell me, what recent coach at UK has done more to bring past UK players back to the program and embrace everyone in its history?

What coach ever has gotten as many players back to UK regardless of their position in the world?

What coach has done more for the community and done more good with his and UK's fame?

I'll wait on your answer.

Give it a rest, you're an imposter anyway.

Tell me, what recent coach at UK has done more to bring past UK players back to the program and embrace everyone in its history?

What coach ever has gotten as many players back to UK regardless of their position in the world?

What coach has done more for the community and done more good with his and UK's fame?

I'll wait on your answer.

Hey tell yourself whatever you must to feel better. The years are piling up, the talent is bursting at the seems, and the underachievement correlates. Unless of course you buy in to what Cal is selling; players first, most draft picks, changing lives with generational wealth. If I were you I would continue to take pride in that, because it sure won't be national titles and "catching UCLA" (Cal once said).

Kentucky= best school in the nation at getting players to the pros. No doubt about it. You got me there. UK flat out is the best at it. Want to go pro? Go to UK. Cal wants you to be proud of that.....and you are and don't even know it. Sheep man, all sheep. This is not the UK I grew up on. This is not what made the place historic, beloved,

Hey tell yourself whatever you must to feel better. The years are piling up, the talent is bursting at the seems, and the underachievement correlates. Unless of course you buy in to what Cal is selling; players first, most draft picks, changing lives with generational wealth. If I were you I would continue to take pride in that, because it sure won't be national titles and "catching UCLA" (Cal once said).

Kentucky= best school in the nation at getting players to the pros. No doubt about it. You got me there. UK flat out is the best at it. Want to go pro? Go to UK. Cal wants you to be proud of that.....and you are and don't even know it. Sheep man, all sheep. This is not the UK I grew up on. This is not what made the place historic, beloved,

Whatever man, I'm addressing your sentence bolded above which is demonstrably false.

We all know you have a low post count and are using a UK legend's name for some type of authority but you're a UK hater. The highlighted sentence above transitions into UK not winning it all when you're called out.

Everyone who has watched the Cal years knows there's one person mainly responsible for our failure to win more titles. It's not our coach and its not any of our players, nor any other coach or players. Hmmmm.

Whatever man, I'm addressing your sentence bolded above which is demonstrably false.

We all know you have a low post count and are using a UK legend's name for some type of authority but you're a UK hater. The highlighted sentence above transitions into UK not winning it all when you're called out.

Everyone who has watched the Cal years knows there's one person mainly responsible for our failure to win more titles. It's not our coach and its not any of our players, nor any other coach or players. Hmmmm.

Riiiiiiight it's Higgins fault. Yes I'm a UK hater and I'm taking on all comers.

Cal has you guys brainwashed and fooled and you are perfect example. lol blaming an official for not having more titles. Did Higgins make UK chuck 27 threes against WVU in 2010 when they had the best center in basketball in Cousins? Did Higgins refuse to go zone in 2014 when the twins couldn't guard anyone on the perimeter? Did Higgins allow his team to get three straight shot-clock violations with a perfect season on the line? Damn you are weak. Blaming a ref? That's like little-league logic, something that's said every Friday night at the local high school gym "the refs didn't like us".

I'll go ahead and make your next excuse for you; "but but but the NCAA tournament committee never gives us a good seed"!

Riiiiiiight it's Higgins fault. Yes I'm a UK hater and I'm taking on all comers.

Cal has you guys brainwashed and fooled and you are perfect example. lol blaming an official for not having more titles. Did Higgins make UK chuck 27 threes against WVU in 2010 when they had the best center in basketball in Cousins? Did Higgins refuse to go zone in 2014 when the twins couldn't guard anyone on the perimeter? Did Higgins allow his team to get three straight shot-clock violations with a perfect season on the line? Damn you are weak. Blaming a ref? That's like little-league logic, something that's said every Friday night at the local high school gym "the refs didn't like us".

I'll go ahead and make your next excuse for you; "but but but the NCAA tournament committee never gives us a good seed"!

Nope, don't need excuses. You're a troll. I've already stated my case and you have no responses other than the same weak arguments. You've seen them and you never respond to them.

UK has been in every game you list issues with. Yet you blame Cal for all of it and refuse to believe that one guy just may be on the take, regardless of ample video proof. Never have blamed a ref, or refs, for any loss until I watched Higgins ref us in the tournament.

But you know all this because I've posted it before and you don't have any comeback other than to blame the coach that does more for UK (despite your false accusations) than any coach ever. Even Rupp due to today's marketing and popularity of the sport.

You've already shown you don't care about UK by saying none of it was about UK, I showed how wrong you were and now you shift to vilifying the very coach that gets us in position to be bent over by Higgins every year. You'd rather blame our coach and players than a turd of a referee that is an obvious cheat.

Yeah, you're a troll.

Did Cal let Wisconsin score a basket well after the shot clock had expired? Did Call call a foul on UK when a UCONN player blatantly cheated and threw himself to the ground right in front of him? Did Cal call a phantom foul on UK 5--10 seconds after any contact would have been possible only after seeing UK was about to break on UNC? Did Cal bench starters in critical times during three tournament games by calling phantom fouls?

See how that works. You trolls are all the same, no facts and whining about excuses and blaming the refs. No one is 'blaming the refs' troll, they are blaming one man. We have ample video proof and the statistics to back up our argument. But to other fan bases and trolls like you we are 'crazy' UK fans.

Nope, sorry. I know what I saw and I know I don't usually blame refs. Not in 40 years of watching. And I know plenty of intelligent, REAL UK fans that agree with me.

Nope, don't need excuses. You're a troll. I've already stated my case and you have no responses other than the same weak arguments. You've seen them and you never respond to them.

UK has been in every game you list issues with. Yet you blame Cal for all of it and refuse to believe that one guy just may be on the take, regardless of ample video proof. Never have blamed a ref, or refs, for any loss until I watched Higgins ref us in the tournament.

But you know all this because I've posted it before and you don't have any comeback other than to blame the coach that does more for UK (despite your false accusations) than any coach ever. Even Rupp due to today's marketing and popularity of the sport.

You've already shown you don't care about UK by saying none of it was about UK, I showed how wrong you were and now you shift to vilifying the very coach that gets us in position to be bent over by Higgins every year. You'd rather blame our coach and players than a turd of a referee that is an obvious cheat.

Yeah, you're a troll.

100% UK hater, told you that in my last post, so why do you keep calling me a troll as if you've "cracked the case"? I'm not a Calipari-era UK fan. You got me. Caught.

Newsflash: LOSERS blame officials. It's a "loser's mentality" to look for someone else to blame. That's what true losers do, and you're all about it. You've probably done that your whole life in all facets. Cal, on the other hand, didn't used to do this. But now even he is starting to look to place blame elsewhere for his underachieving. Should tell you about the pressure he feels knowing that the UK fan base is starting to suffer from "one and done fatigue".

But what do you care? He'll still get multiple guys drafted and you guys can continue bragging about the NBA and all your draft picks. It's pathetic yet predictable. UK is an NBA factory baby "we got more draft picks than you!" Congrats. But blaming officials is for losers.

We have ample video proof and the statistics to back up our argument

Then do something about it. Otherwise shut up and stop blaming an official and just own that Cal tightens up in big games. Cal takes the air out of the ball. He freezes up and doesn't call timeouts. Remember this past summer with the USA team? When asked why he didn't call a timeout Cal's response was "I kept waiting on them to figure it out". Hahahaha amazing! Clapping my hands for such brilliant coaching. Oh but right, it's ALL Higgins fault. Freaking troll

100% UK hater, told you that in my last post, so why do you keep calling me a troll as if you've "cracked the case"? I'm not a Calipari-era UK fan. You got me. Caught.

Newsflash: LOSERS blame officials. It's a "loser's mentality" to look for someone else to blame. That's what true losers do, and you're all about it. You've probably done that your whole life in all facets. Cal, on the other hand, didn't used to do this. But now even he is starting to look to place blame elsewhere for his underachieving. Should tell you about the pressure he feels knowing that the UK fan base is starting to suffer from "one and done fatigue".

But what do you care? He'll still get multiple guys drafted and you guys can continue bragging about the NBA and all your draft picks. It's pathetic yet predictable. UK is an NBA factory baby "we got more draft picks than you!" Congrats. But blaming officials is for losers.

One official, troll. One. Not the same.

I never said Cal didn't make or can make mistakes. Never said I agree with everything he does. But he's RIGHT there. In all three games. Despite obviously corrupt refereeing.

If I was coaching UK and saw Higgins again after him screwing us over two previous times I thinking I'd tighten up and wonder how the hell I could win also!

So I don't like hearing it from trolls. You got me.

Then do something about it. Otherwise shut up and stop blaming an official and just own that Cal tightens up in big games. Cal takes the air out of the ball. He freezes up and doesn't call timeouts. Remember this past summer with the USA team? When asked why he didn't call a timeout Cal's response was "I kept waiting on them to figure it out". Hahahaha amazing! Clapping my hands for such brilliant coaching. Oh but right, it's ALL Higgins fault. Freaking troll

Aw are you bored now that the cat house at ul is closed?

Reactions: jameslee32

You forgot to add, aside from maybe one team (who also has way more early exits and less final fours), UK ALSO has 4 final fours and a national title to go along with those "NBA draft picks" that we only care about.

But yea, other than being totally wrong, yea...

Cynical or not, Vanderbilt won't get drafted and payed draft choice money by an NBA team if he hasn't played basketball for a year and nobody knows if he can stay healthy.

That's not the worst news in the world. Sets us up for a monster year next year.
It might. But Vanderbilt still has to prove he can get himself in peak condition, play 35-40 games, and stay healthy. Right now, he has an NBA physique, nice tapes from his junior season in high school, and 1 impressive all star game. All those things are good, but I'm not ready to count on him until he shows that he can stay healthy.

Idiotic response from a new poster who will claim he has been here for decades and knows more than everyone else....

In his first dozen posts he has managed to call other posters morons and shit on Cal and the OAD in the rest. GFY
BOOM?

Reactions: brianpoe

Losers come to rival teams to troll because their teams really suck and they need to make themselves feel better trying to discredit the better team/program. GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE TROLL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT