ADVERTISEMENT

J. Vanderbilt didn’t know any plays after almost 20 games at UK.

No. That’s what I’m saying, he was hurt for like the first 17 games and when he could play, he didn’t know the plays. My question is what the hell was he doing? Obviously not going to practice.
I coached for about twenty years. He was hurt and probably not running plays with the team. Lot different watching plays and running them. You do know he sat out the first year he was in the NBA! Kinda tired hearing folks rag on a guy who was hurt during his time here. Guy looked great in all star game until he went down.

How the hell is that possible? Was he not around the team while he was hurt?

Here
That's what that article says. But don't let facts get in the way of a good ole CHC hate fest. Get your whines in now. There won't be room for you on the bandwagon later.

I coached for about twenty years. He was hurt and probably not running plays with the team. Lot different watching plays and running them. You do know he sat out the first year he was in the NBA! Kinda tired hearing folks rag on a guy who was hurt during his time here. Guy looked great in all star game until he went down.
Who is ragging on him? I’ve played ball my entire life. Only an idiot wouldn’t know the plays after 4-5 months. Make all the excuses you want for the guy.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Who is ragging on him? I’ve played ball my entire life. Only an idiot wouldn’t know the plays after 4-5 months. Make all the excuses you want for the guy.
How many years you sit out when you were 19-20 years old. You play in the NBA.

What does that have to do with anything? It’s not hard to learn plays if you pay attention. I expect a D1 athlete, hurt or not, to be able to master the plays. Especially our “plays” that aren’t complicated, like at all.
No way he's the only one.
At the end of the day, I don't think it really matters or had any impact on that season.
He was legit hurt and by the time he was back playing the team had already established an identity and was what it was.
It wasn't like we were going to run the offense through JV at that point.

Reactions: SosaUK1987
No. That’s what I’m saying, he was hurt for like the first 17 games and when he could play, he didn’t know the plays. My question is what the hell was he doing? Obviously not going to practice.
Right?

Okay I can see where he would not have the plays down, like have them in muscle memory if he couldn't go in practice.

But why on Earth were they first having this conversation the day before he came back? Why wasn't Cal in his ear from August, going: "See what Sacha's doing? Visualize yourself doing that coz that's how I'm going to play you. Just picture yourself doing it and sometimes breaking left at the end, or kicking it out if there's a defender there...."

Or maybe something simpler than that but.....Nothing? What does Cal do for $25+ grand a day?

Right?

Okay I can see where he would not have the plays down, like have them in muscle memory if he couldn't go in practice.

But why on Earth were they first having this conversation the day before he came back?
Why wasn't Cal in his ear from August, going: "See what Sacha's doing? Visualize yourself doing that coz that's how I'm going to play you. Just picture yourself doing it and sometimes breaking left at the end, or kicking it out if there's a defender there...."

Or maybe something simpler than that but.....Nothing? What does Cal do for $25+ grand a day?
That was probably the first day cal had seen him.

On a related note, Cals plays must be too complicated for any of his players to learn and run which is why we never see any actual plays ran.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueSince92
No way he's the only one.
At the end of the day, I don't think it really matters or had any impact on that season.
He was legit hurt and by the time he was back playing the team had already established an identity and was what it was.
It wasn't like we were going to run the offense through JV at that point.
Makes sense why that team was so inconsistent.

Well we know this isn't in reference to out of bounds plays because it's plural: PLAYS

Amirite?!?!?!

funny-weird-multiple-chin-v0bobnoibmcrttat.gif

It shows who all here have actually played the game of basketball. Watching a play and actually understanding how to effectively run it at the your position are two different things. It is like reading about how to drive a car and actually getting behind the wheel. Also, an injured person uses "practice time" to rehab their injury so they are not around when plays are being taught...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT