ADVERTISEMENT

It's obvious that the lineup should be: Mitchell, Thiero, Reeves, Dillingham, Sheppard.

Is it?

Mitchell put together arguably the worst b2b performances I've ever seen from a scholarship player here in the UF/Tennesee games.
Those are the two games where he had back issues. He was great all year up to that point. Let's see how he does first game back provided he's truly 100%.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Those are the two games where he had back issues. He was great all year up to that point. Let's see how he does first game back provided he's truly 100%.

He's been a turnstile defensively all year. I know all our bigs stink right now but when you put Mitchell at the 5 there's zero resistance whatsoever at the rim. At least Z and Bradshaw will at least contest layups.

He's exponentially better than our present three-headed monster. Did you even watch the last game?
I did not watch the last game but if you go back and watch the tapes of previous games Mitchell literally just follows his guys to the basket out he gets out on the perimeter.

Maybe, but Ugo, Bradshaw snd Z have all shown that they can’t guard anybody either. At least Mitchell has some moves in the post and can hit the three ball ( although not as much lately, maybe back issues).
I just don’t think replacing a bad defender with a bad defender is a good solution.

Dont disagree with the OP at all,there is no question one of Cal's problems is he never leaves his best talent out there together long enough. But the underlying problem is, Cal thinks its only about the lineup he has out there and how hard they are fighting etc and never gives any consideration to his part of managing X and Os. His idea of game managing is solely by substitution.

Last night he kept talking about how they just have to get more physical and kept saying . . . "We're going to break through, We're going to break through!" like its all on them. Cal maybe its not the players we're waiting for to break through, maybe they are waiting for YOU to break through!

Say what we want about the limitations of certain guys and their abilities but this team plays their butts off all the time. The bigs werent giving up easy buckets over and over because they were lazy or didnt want to stop it. They werent built for it yet and couldnt - all three kept coming in trying to no avial. That's where they need their coach to help them.

They can try all they want but that part of their game is not going to magically change because they try harder. The only person on that team that can make an immediate difference is COACH CAL. And the players and the rest of us are waiting for him to break through and start coaching to help these guys!

Cal rarely plays Sheppard, Dillingham, and Reeves together. They didn't even play five total minutes together in the last game.
This is the best scoring combo we can use.

Wagner still needs to play, but that lineup needs to see some clock.

How do you defend those three out there together?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT