ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Kansas

A former Kansas recruit who was getting paid said that the coaches at Kansas knew that illegal paynents were being made to Kansas players and recruits who signed with Kansas.
lol of course they knew. every player that has ever been paid to go to any school knows about it

La di dah. That can’t be a back breaker.
Kinda a dumb take that KU can’t have better facilities than we do. I heard they have better meeting rooms and a lot better food. I don’t see why folks want to think other schools haven’t passed us up in facilities. I doubt we lost HD over this but whoever our coach is should have the top facilities. I have read a lot of places that Duke is nicer than what we have and a lot more places are better than us!!

Can’t blame the kid wanting to play for the all time wins leader and a team thats playing winning basketball

• Haha
Reactions: Old Jim
Kinda a dumb take that KU can’t have better facilities than we do. I heard they have better meeting rooms and a lot better food. I don’t see why folks want to think other schools haven’t passed us up in facilities. I doubt we lost HD over this but whoever our coach is should have the top facilities. I have read a lot of places that Duke is nicer than what we have and a lot more places are better than us!!
Our biggest problem is that our coach has made us a mid major program.

• Love
Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Again. I’m waiting for distinct proof. I’ve yet to see it.
If you havnt heard this from a lot of folks you just aren’t keeping up. Try reading sometimes than just having uneducated opinions. You have never read or heard from quite a few folks that we have been passed in facilities. Thank god Barney finally spent money on football. Where you think our FB team would be if we didn’t spend money. You seem to feel we have top notch facilities. Prove to me we are top notch where is it at in black and white??

If you havnt heard this from a lot of folks you just aren’t keeping up. Try reading sometimes than just having uneducated options. You have never read or heard from quite a few folks that we have been passed in facilities. Thank god Barney finally spent money on football. Where you think our FB team would be if we didn’t spend money. You seem to feel we have top notch facilities. Prove to me we are top notch where is it at in black and white??
You are going by what Cal fed to guys like Kyle Tucker.

You are going by what Cal fed to guys like Kyle Tucker.
I didn’t hear this from Tucker. If you haven’t read about a bunch of programs opening up new facilities you are not keeping up. I doubt if we lost HD over this. What is the problem with having the best no matter who the coach is going to be here.

I'm going to go ahead and call it now...all the sports media talking heads will make Dickinson the early favorite for next season's POY. Just because he is transferring to Lawrence.

Kansas is the new Dook in their eyes. Guys like Goodman openly campaigning for HD to go to Kansas. UK with Calipari as coach is no longer part of the "hot list" in college bball.

You guys believing HD picked Kansas because of facilities are idiots. He's going to be there 6 months at most. It's all about the Benjamins, baby!

I'm going to go ahead and call it now...all the sports media talking heads will make Dickinson the early favorite for next season's POY. Just because he is transferring to Lawrence.

Kansas is the new Dook in their eyes. Guys like Goodman openly campaigning for HD to go to Kansas. UK with Calipari as coach is no longer part of the "hot list" in college bball.

You guys believing HD picked Kansas because of facilities are idiots. He's going to be there 6 months at most. It's all about the Benjamins, baby!
Yup. How anyone can’t see that now is inexplicable. Coaches used to play with what they can recruit. Now they play with what boosters can purchase. Welcome to semi-pro basketball. We been NIL’d folks. We couldn’t outbid Kansas. Tell me again how Kay was gonna do so good with NIL? It’s gonna get a LOT WORSE!

Last edited:
UK already HAS failed. The best thing that could happen to our program right now is to lose the dead weight that is Cal.
We failed because we got outbid. We failed because we couldn’t afford the player. Cal was completely irrelevant as was the school. Show me da money!!!!!

Just think it’s funny people wanted to run off the former NPOY for this dude. It was apparent he was looking for the highest bidder. Common sense says that Cal wasn’t gonna do that. That swayed my opinion bigly.

Reactions: Old Jim
So you really think a half gym in a dorm is what he meant by better facilities? Really bro?
I don’t know what he meant, “bro.” I never even saw an actual quote. I was responding to a poster here who asked about some of the specific differences. I pointed out one.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Which has to be complete bullshit.

What does KU have that Kentucky does not?

And I’ve yet to hear a clear answer from that on anyone. Whether it be fans, Cal, players, Tucker, anyone. No one seems to know.
😂.. Well, the roof leaks at the JC Center for one. But compare The JC center to Xavier. Maybe you can tell the difference, especially the dorms.

Just like a good little lap dog.

The stories about Dickinson being less impressed by our facilities and that's why we didn't get him ... LMAO. You guys are still buying this stuff, huh?
He's not the only one that has said it. Trae Young said the same shit.

He's not the only one that has said it. Trae Young said the same shit.
So funny ... yes it was Trae Young's mother that said it before, I even mentioned her name either in this thread or the other thread on the same topic. I knew this "story" would bring out the quotes from Young's mother again. You guys love that lady.

Some of y'all are really gullible. Like really, really gullible.

YOU go read it; maybe you'll find the answer you're looking for.
I'm being serious -- are there any quotes linked directly to Dickinson on this or was this just stories put out by UK's media guys Tucker and Pilgrim?

So funny ... yes it was Trae Young's mother that said it before, I even mentioned her name either in this thread or the other thread on the same topic. I knew this "story" would bring out the quotes from Young's mother again.

Some of y'all are really gullible. Like really, really gullible.
And some of you want to bitch about the state of the program, but want nothing to change. Says more about you than anybody else. All in on giving an average football team whatever they want but put a choke hold on one of the top 3 programs of all time.

Maybe Kyle Tucker posted that on behalf of Trae Young too.

A lot better food? Don't we tout the fact that we have a private chef for these guys in the Coal Lodge? I think the better food thing is nonsense.

I'm being serious -- are there any quotes linked directly to Dickinson on this or was this just stories put out by UK's media guys Tucker and Pilgrim?
I'm being serious... YOU go look. If you want to believe Tucker is lying then you do you.

And some of you want to bitch about the state of the program, but want nothing to change. Says more about you than anybody else. All in on giving an average football team whatever they want but put a choke hold on one of the top 3 programs of all time.
This is where you and some others are getting yourself all wrapped around the axle here. I am in no way, shape, or form opposed to us having the best of the best and upgrading our facilities. The problem I have is this misdirection that Cal is throwing out there that this is something that Barnhart is keeping from happening and you guys buying it hook, line, and sinker. We didn't lose this guy due to facilities. But some of you are buying it. Mission accomplished by Cal and his team.

I'm being serious... YOU go look. If you want to believe Tucker is lying then you do you.
I literally googled it and can't find quotes directly Dickinson. I'm trying here, can't find it. Would appreciate a little help if you have it readily available.

This is where you and some others are getting yourself all wrapped around the axle here. I am in no way, shape, or form opposed to us having the best of the best and upgrading our facilities. The problem I have is this misdirection that Cal is throwing out there that this is something that Barnhart is keeping from happening and you guys buying it hook, line, and sinker. We didn't lose this guy due to facilities. But some of you are buying it. Mission accomplished by Cal and his team.

why did he leave UMich to begin with?

According to reports, Barnhart nixed it, even after Calipari had 30 million in donations lined up. So yes, Barnhart put the kibosh on it. Didn't even entertain it. And I didn't say one damned thing about UK losing him because of facilities, I merely said that's what has been reported. Then you went all conspiracy theory. You're free to believe whatever you want. Apparently you know more than anybody else anyway.

Reactions: Catluv
I literally googled it and can't find quotes directly Dickinson. I'm trying here, can't find it. Would appreciate a little help if you have it readily available.
Show me where I said Dickinson said it. I literally said "according to Kyle Tucker"...

Show me where I said Dickinson said it. I literally said "according to Kyle Tucker"...
So my question (that you originally replied to) was do we have any direct quotes from Dickinson on this. I know what Tucker said. I know what Pilgrim said. My literal question was do we have direct quotes from Dickinson. I don't know why you decided to treat this like an Abbott and Costello bit after that. Thanks for answering my question though, which is no, we don't have direct quotes from Dickinson.

Reactions: Old Jim and Ugoff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT