ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Kansas

sure the $ was probably the biggest reason, but at Kansas, he will receive good coaching, something he would not have received @ UK
Once again Self teaches ccc how things are done without all the drama & promising of 5* playing time
Um. We just picked up a hell of a coach bro.

Looked like Kansas miles away and days ago. Not surprised at all. Thought as much for over a week. Now let’s hope Oscar comes back or we can get another quality big, cause if not we are screwed. And we still need a shooter and another 4. We need 11. Gotta hold full court practice without walk-ons, and gotta prepare for the most definitely late season injuries/drama/bullshit that hits our team each year over the last 5 or 6. Like rain in April.

I guess we all better write a letter to Oscar and beg him to come back, Onyenso sure as hell isnt the answer.

Well, I said a month ago I didn't want this guy. Basketball is moving away from Lurch looking guys like this. And I also just didn't like the kid. The thoughts of having him and Marky Mush talk about UK basketball all season made me queasy.
Go get a mobile big man that can play some defense and hit a shot.

I am glad he is not coming to UK. I didn't see him as fitting the team coming in. He would have expected the ball to go through him primarily so he could get his. That would have caused problems with the team, JMO. With Oscar, if he comes back, Cal can let him know they won't be playing mostly through him. He will be getting his through rebounds. The bad thing is Cal made such a high profile play for him but couldn't land him.

Count me among those who is all but praying that Oscar comes back to UK for one more season. HIs rebounding talent at the college level is generational, his field goal percentage says he's pretty efficient offensively, and he's a natural leader. Yeah, he can't shoot from beyond the arc and he probably has an allergy to passing to the open guy. But that dude brings energy every game, which helps make up for the coaching deficit.

Really? Like who? Seth Greenberg? lol
I guess you can put HD in there also!! Lol I don’t care if Cal leaves next year would be nice to have the top facilities for whoever is our coach. I remember when the wildcat lodge first opened and other schools lost their mind over it. The ncaa came in and made UK put regular students in there. What is wrong with having the best facilities??? No brainer to me!!! I guess you are good with Duke also having a better place than us also!!

He was getting paid wherever he went. Not buying the facilities statement either.

Reality is, UKs program has been trending down ever since 2017. It’s not the landing spot it once was if players actually care about winning anymore. Oscar being undecided likely factored in as well.

I guess you can put HD in there also!! Lol I don’t care if Cal leaves next year would be nice to have the top facilities for whoever is our coach. I remember when the wildcat lodge first opened and other schools lost their mind over it. The ncaa came in and made UK put regular students in there. What is wrong with having the best facilities??? No brainer to me!!! I guess you are good with Duke also having a better place than us also!!
Who says I am good with Duke having better facilities than us? (hint: they don't).

I'm not opposed to having the top facilities by any means, that's what some of you guys that jump right in there with HD and apparently Trae Young's mom don't understand. There is nothing stopping us from getting better facilities, but certainly there is a process involved in getting there. And they are NOT as bad as Cal wants you to think. Cal has pulled the wool over so many of you guys' eyes, it's crazy.

sure the $ was probably the biggest reason, but at Kansas, he will receive good coaching, something he would not have received @ UK
Once again Self teaches ccc how things are done without all the drama & promising of 5* playing time
Self is sleazy as hell. That program just had serious allegations made against them this week. What is wrong with you?

Who says I am good with Duke having better facilities than us? (hint: they don't).

I'm not opposed to having the top facilities by any means, that's what some of you guys that jump right in there with HD and apparently Trae Young's mom don't understand. There is nothing stopping us from getting better facilities, but certainly there is a process involved in getting there. And they are NOT as bad as Cal wants you to think. Cal has pulled the wool over so many of you guys' eyes, it's crazy.
How in the hell do you know anything about the facilities? Why are you an expert?

Last edited:
Which has to be complete bullshit.

What does KU have that Kentucky does not?

And I’ve yet to hear a clear answer from that on anyone. Whether it be fans, Cal, players, Tucker, anyone. No one seems to know.
The only thing I know they have that we don’t is a little half gym to shoot around in connected to their dorms.

So you are fine with other schools having better facilities than UK. Take Cal out of the equation and you might open your eyes. Years ago we were the top facilities not now. Is that spelled out for you enuff!!

So you are fine with other schools having better facilities than UK. Take Cal out of the equation and you might open your eyes. Years ago we were the top facilities not now. Is that spelled out for you enuff!!
Where did I say in there anywhere that I wouldn't want our facilities to be improved?

Had a feeling it was never going to be UK. IMO Cal probably told HD that he would have to wait on Oscar’s decision.

So that probably means if Oscar decides not to come back that Cal whiffs on all the bigs.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT