ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a damn shame (Big Z)

So, maybe everyone else knows this...but didn't the ncaa have to respond within a time frame? Or is it just when they feel like it?

The only answer that makes any sense is that due to his late enrollment at UK the NCAA is waiting till the next semester. I know that isn't much but there is at least a hint of common sense there.

I wonder if UK knows more than they are making public? I believe the anti UK/Cal sentiment by the NCAA is real so there is that cloud that hangs over the whole situation. The one thing I would like to know, is it more UK or Cal with the NCAA?
Yeah, they're closed until Jan 2. But either they already know or they're so lazy they don't care

This feels eerily similar to the Sharpe situation, with the only difference being that Z wants to play and doesn't have his "camp" keeping things hush hush. Other than that, to me it feels like Cal knows and doesn't want to say anything because he doesn't want criticism of him to be a team distraction, and we'll just speculate (just as I'm doing) the rest of the season and never truly get the facts from Cal.

First, i would prefer Barney not interfere with the everyday workings of the university. That was done at places like Penn St and UNC. Having said that, both actually got away with it but it was still a bad, bad look.

Second, as for the NCAA, it is utterly ridiculous that it is taking this long. The NCAA should have already cleared Z or denied Z. Yeah, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but the NCAA can and should give the player the benefit of the doubt if they can't rule in a timely fashion.

Here is a case in which the NCAA just allowed the player to play in spite of the questions due to "other circumstances:"

Right, he should let message board fans run the program.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
I totally agree!!! A school like UK needs an athletic director who is assertive, even aggressive in order to get things done. The results may be good or bad...but at least you know he (and the school) tried!! And that goes for anything not just with this issue.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
Regardless of what Barnhart is or isn't ... he has to be willing to "go to war" for his student athletes and university, when justified. If he's unwilling to do so then he's unfit. There is a time when the gloves must come off and I think that time is now, regarding Big Z and the NCAA. One side or the other needs to get off their ass.

Reactions: susan2361 and bnewt
So we are now half the way through the work day on January 3rd and still no answer. We will begin SEC play Saturday. There are zero excuses for what the NCAA is doing to Ivisic. He could be playing for pay in Euro leagues and these assholes are jamming him up from "amateur" competition in a college semi-pro league. The NCAA is a corrupt enterprise and rotten to the core, same as it ever was.

The NCAA should be the first place that is cannibalized in a zombie apocalypse.

tumblr_md72dr4jFZ1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: saxonburgcat
Right, he should let message board fans run the program.
Well I don't think message boards should run the program either and no one is saying that at all. That said, I don't think the message board would have hired Billy Gillispie, given Calipari his lop-sided contract, hired Stoops nor given him his lop-sided contract. None of that is the "job" of the fans (message board) ... we're just the ones expected to "pony up, shut up and sit down". Just sayin' ... and JMO. BBN are the best and most loyal fans in collegiate sport, and IMO we deserve the best from our AD and coaches, without excuse.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Well I don't think message boards should run the program either and no one is saying that at all. That said, I don't think the message board would have hired Billy Gillispie, given Calipari his lop-sided contract, hired Stoops nor given him his lop-sided contract. None of that is the "job" of the fans (message board) ... we're just the ones expected to "pony up, shut up and sit down". Just sayin' ... and JMO. BBN are the best and most loyal fans in collegiate sport, and IMO we deserve the best from our AD and coaches, without excuse.
Riiiiggt because Billy Gillispie wasn’t insanely popular in the beginning. Most loyal when 60% of the posts on this board is trashing players, coaches, or administration?

Riiiiggt because Billy Gillispie wasn’t insanely popular in the beginning. Most loyal when 60% of the posts on this board is trashing players, coaches, or administration?
The criticism from fans is primarily directed toward coaches and administration, when and if warranted. The players are just who they are and are here because of decisions of coaches. I've been around this board long enough to know that the "60%" you mention has only ballooned from what it used to be compared to just a few years past. The reason for the increase in criticism recently is because it's been warranted because of overpaid coaches who are underperforming. To say nothing would suggest the fans don't care or know the difference. I would say that BBN cares and does know the difference. If you claim to care about the program but say nothing, you either know nothing or don't care. To praise when praise is unwarranted is just virtue signaling and self-centered as a fan. Why do you think UK has always enjoyed a standard of excellence rarely seen in other programs? If you do ... why do you follow and take pride in the program, institution and tradition that is UK basketball? Fans before you let their voices be heard in many different ways to demand a level of excellence in keeping with our tradition. If you think BBN should just ignore those things that need to be corrected, you and all of us will lose the program we all care about. We don't complain to just complain ... there is a purpose and reason. You seem to spend a lot of energy on this board complaining about others who are concerned and speak out. Why do you do that? We all want UK to be the best but maybe we see things differently about how we get there.

Reactions: NociHTTP
The criticism from fans is primarily directed toward coaches and administration, when and if warranted. The players are just who they are and are here because of decisions of coaches. I've been around this board long enough to know that the "60%" you mention has only ballooned from what it used to be compared to just a few years past. The reason for the increase in criticism recently is because it's been warranted because of overpaid coaches who are underperforming. To say nothing would suggest the fans don't care or know the difference. I would say that BBN cares and does know the difference. If you claim to care about the program but say nothing, you either know nothing or don't care. To praise when praise is unwarranted is just virtue signaling and self-centered as a fan. Why do you think UK has always enjoyed a standard of excellence rarely seen in other programs? If you do ... why do you follow and take pride in the program, institution and tradition that is UK basketball? Fans before you let their voices be heard in many different ways to demand a level of excellence in keeping with our tradition. If you think BBN should just ignore those things that need to be corrected, you and all of us will lose the program we all care about. We don't complain to just complain ... there is a purpose and reason. You seem to spend a lot of energy on this board complaining about others who are concerned and speak out. Why do you do that? We all want UK to be the best but maybe we see things differently about how we get there.
the problem is now the players are not amateurs. They are paid to play. They are open to criticism because they receive pay checks. Your employer has the right to criticize your performance if he thinks it is deserved. The fans want UK to succeed. It has now been turned into nothing but a training camp for the NBA, thanks to ccc. The criticism directed toward him is well deserved with all of his double talk and fat pay check.
What the NCAA has done and is doing to a young kid, thousands of miles away from home, wanting to play college basketball is horrible. There have been numerous other players that have been allowed to play that have received much more than Z supposedly has. This is where Barnhart needs to get involved and get a decision. The NCAA used to talk about the "student athlete", but that description has gone by the way side. They allowed UNC & their fake classes to remove the "student" portion, along with Arizona, Kansas, LSU, UL and numerous others caught paying kids to attend their school. Not to mention the darlings of the college basketball, Duke and all of their major recruits stepping up in lifestyle while attending school.

Last edited:
the problem is now the players are not amateurs. They are paid to play. They are open to criticism because they receive pay checks. Your employer has the right to criticize your performance if he thinks it is deserved. The fans want UK to succeed. It has now been turned into nothing but a training camp for the NBA, thanks to ccc. The criticism directed toward him is well deserved with all of his double talk and fat pay check.
While it is true that they're being paid ... they're still kids. NIL, in my opinion, is completely out of control. I hope they take steps to reign it in and make it what, I believe, it was intended to be which is a stipend for players to have some "walking around" money. Just because the so-called "adults" in the room have totally screwed up NIL with regard to how monies are distributed doesn't mean fans should level hard-nosed and unforgiving criticism on them for accepting this money. They're here first to play the game as best they can but they're still just kids. To come down hard on them would be an incredibly bad look for the fanbase. JMO.

What the NCAA has done and is doing to a young kid, thousands of miles away from home, wanting to play college basketball is horrible. There have been numerous other players that have been allowed to play that have received much more than Z supposedly has. This is where Barnhart needs to get involved and get a decision. The NCAA used to talk about the "student athlete", but that description has gone by the way side. They allowed UNC & their fake classes to remove the "student" portion, along with Arizona, Kansas, LSU, UL and numerous others caught paying kids to attend their school. Not to mention the darlings of the college basketball, Duke and all of their major recruits stepping up in lifestyle while attending school.
Paychecks? They get NIL. They’re allowed to make money off their name image and likeness. UK doesn’t pay them anything besides a small stipend and aren’t their employer, message board posters definitely aren’t their employer.

They should unionize and negotiate a percentage of the revenue and actuall get a paycheck. The people who claim to be for capitalism and a free market would meltdown more than they are now over. guys getting paid for their name image and likeness.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT