ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a damn shame (Big Z)

Jan 12, 2021
You know it just burns me up knowing that the NCAA is playing around with this kid’s college career. He should already be cleared especially knowing that HIGH SCHOOL kids are making tons of money, and it’s OK for them to go to college. But when it comes to Big Z, he still is cleared academically but still in waiting status to play? What else has to happen? Not a damn thing. Totally intentional on the NCAA’s part.

Even if he wasn’t playing for UK, I still think this is a flat out travesty. The NCAA should be sued and torn down. They do no favors for these kids.

Sorry to beat a dead horse. But this has to stop. Unfreaking ridiculous.

You know it just burns me up knowing that the NCAA is playing around with this kid’s college career. He should already be cleared especially knowing that HIGH SCHOOL kids are making tons of money, and it’s OK for them to go to college. But when it comes to Big Z, he still is cleared academically but still in waiting status to play? What else has to happen? Not a damn thing. Totally intentional on the NCAA’s part.

Even if he wasn’t playing for UK, I still think this is a flat out travesty. The NCAA should be sued and torn down. They do no favors for these kids.

Sorry to beat a dead horse. But this has to stop. Unfreaking ridiculous.
It’s not intentional it speaks more to the ncaa inefficiencies. And the ncaa. They aren’t motivated to review cases of players who are coming to the USA to play in college one year. Additionally there could be issues of pay for play or something we do not know. If it was intentional they would just declare him ineligible. We as uk fans and I specifically knew big Z was a long shot. He was recruited very late. Took until October for uk to admit him (the ncaa didn’t do that) and now we don’t know what the ncaa issues are with him.

The real ire should be directed at Barney who sat on his thumb while the university decided whether to take him or not. Barney who continues to sit on his thumb with the ncaa. The guy who is support to get these things done drops the ball yet again. This guy who is the administrative head of athletics does nothing. He waits he waits he waits he didn’t even have the weight at the school he works for to expedite the enrollment process. Barney is our problem not the ncaa

It’s not intentional it speaks more to the ncaa inefficiencies. And the ncaa. They aren’t motivated to review cases of players who are coming to the USA to play in college one year. Additionally there could be issues of pay for play or something we do not know. If it was intentional they would just declare him ineligible. We as uk fans and I specifically knew big Z was a long shot. He was recruited very late. Took until October for uk to admit him (the ncaa didn’t do that) and now we don’t know what the ncaa issues are with him.

The real ire should be directed at Barney who sat on his thumb while the university decided whether to take him or not. Barney who continues to sit on his thumb with the ncaa. The guy who is support to get these things done drops the ball yet again. This guy who is the administrative head of athletics does nothing. He waits he waits he waits he didn’t even have the weight at the school he works for to expedite the enrollment process. Barney is our problem not the ncaa
Barnshart is useless, cannot wait till that suck up is gone

First, i would prefer Barney not interfere with the everyday workings of the university. That was done at places like Penn St and UNC. Having said that, both actually got away with it but it was still a bad, bad look.

Second, as for the NCAA, it is utterly ridiculous that it is taking this long. The NCAA should have already cleared Z or denied Z. Yeah, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but the NCAA can and should give the player the benefit of the doubt if they can't rule in a timely fashion.

Here is a case in which the NCAA just allowed the player to play in spite of the questions due to "other circumstances:"

First, i would prefer Barney not interfere with the everyday workings of the university. That was done at places like Penn St and UNC. Having said that, both actually got away with it but it was still a bad, bad look.

Second, as for the NCAA, it is utterly ridiculous that it is taking this long. The NCAA should have already cleared Z or denied Z. Yeah, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but the NCAA can and should give the player the benefit of the doubt if they can't rule in a timely fashion.

Here is a case in which the NCAA just allowed the player to play in spite of the questions due to "other circumstances:"

Interfere with the everyday workings? That’s his job. He is the administrator of athletics so he is the person to facilitate enrollment or other eligibility issues. That’s his job to advocate for our programs and our players.

Interfere with the everyday workings? That’s his job. He is the administrator of athletics so he is the person to facilitate enrollment or other eligibility issues. That’s his job to advocate for our programs and our players.

That can be a thin line.

No one at UK has the stones to do this, unfortunately
Nope, definitely not this clown.
mit.jpg

I totally agree!!! A school like UK needs an athletic director who is assertive, even aggressive in order to get things done. The results may be good or bad...but at least you know he (and the school) tried!! And that goes for anything not just with this issue.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

More what he hasn’t done. I feel he’s a ncaa yes man and never fights for the university
What has he not done? Realistically…..what are his options. Has there been past precedent to shine light on where an AD has stepped in to sway the NCAA in clearing a kid with Z’s circumstances ?

What has he not done? Realistically…..what are his options. Has there been past precedent to shine light on where an AD has stepped in to sway the NCAA in clearing a kid with Z’s circumstances ?

What are his options? How would I know, that’s above my pay grade. How do we know that other ADs aren’t hounding the NCAA for a decision? You really think Barnfart is in there selection Sunday fighting for UK?

I don’t know what he has or hasn’t done. That’s why I said “I feel”

What are his options? How would I know, that’s above my pay grade. How do we know that other ADs aren’t hounding the NCAA for a decision? You really think Barnfart is in there selection Sunday fighting for UK?

I don’t know what he has or hasn’t done. That’s why I said “I feel”
Then it’s essentially a hissy fit.

Reactions: Soupbean
I totally agree!!! A school like UK needs an athletic director who is assertive, even aggressive in order to get things done. The results may be good or bad...but at least you know he (and the school) tried!! And that goes for anything not just with this issue.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
I’m playing devils advocate here. How do you know he hasn’t been assertive? How do you know what he has or has not done?

This whole situation isn’t that odd. A kid from Croatia who has played for a “club” team or whatever is having a hard time getting eligible. What’s odd is that a bunch of y’all assume it’s Barnharts fault. No one has any evidence or anything. But it’s his fault, yup.

Get off my lawn!

I’m playing devils advocate here. How do you know he hasn’t been assertive? How do you know what he has or has not done?

This whole situation isn’t that odd. A kid from Croatia who has played for a “club” team or whatever is having a hard time getting eligible. What’s odd is that a bunch of y’all assume it’s Barnharts fault. No one has any evidence or anything. But it’s his fault, yup.

Get off my lawn!
You're absolutely right!! I let my frustration get the best of me. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I was doing what bugs me about exactly what others do. Thanks for calling me out on it. I appreciate your directness.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Reactions: Rockfly78
I just hate that he flew halfway around the globe for this dog and pony show circus the NCAA is putting on. NIL is perfectly legal now, who gives a bleeping rip if the kid played as a teen European professional? Patently absurd. His academics are in order, play him.

I just hate that he flew halfway around the globe for this dog and pony show circus the NCAA is putting on. NIL is perfectly legal now, who gives a bleeping rip if the kid played as a teen European professional? Patently absurd. His academics are in order, play him.
Bingo.

The NCAA is acting like "Well there have to be some tough cases" to justify their existence.

Your post got me to thinking. UNC said that the fake classes were legit and refused to back away from that stance. The accrediting agency said they weren't legit and put UNC on academic probation. The NCAA ruled that since UNC certified the classes they were legit and the players who took fake classes were eligible.

To me, if the NCAA is going to allow a university to determine academics and allow NIL there should really be very little question about whether or not Z should be eligible. At the very least, it should not take this long to determine eligibility.

I think the NCAA has something against Ky they want Z to go back to Europe or transfer to some school which the NCAA likes and would let him play.

Then ADVOCATE or abdicate.

Barnhart doesn’t get anything done by making a public spectacle. It’s not like goofy ass Florida threatening lawsuits against the NCAA based on “media bias.”

Kentucky or Ivisic very well might sue at end of this but they can’t do that with out a decision.

The only answer that makes any sense is that due to his late enrollment at UK the NCAA is waiting till the next semester. I know that isn't much but there is at least a hint of common sense there.

I wonder if UK knows more than they are making public? I believe the anti UK/Cal sentiment by the NCAA is real so there is that cloud that hangs over the whole situation. The one thing I would like to know, is it more UK or Cal with the NCAA?

I don't always subscribe to the Big Blue Conspiracy theories, but this just isn't sitting right with me. The most ridiculous thing is that, even months into this, nobody even has a clue the details of what they are 'investigating', and who's desk this is sitting on. The lack of any transparency makes me think the NCAA is up to something not exactly fair to Z or Kentucky. Maybe their just F'ing with Cal and/or UK.

Also, what I do know is that Cal, Mitch, and Kentucky haven't made NEARLY enough noise about this. I don't see any public pressure from Kentucky. That's really weird to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT