ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a scenario?

Seems like a long shot. SECT games will probably be Texas AM and then Bama, not sure if winning those bumps us up to a 2 seed. We all know the SECT title game doesn’t mean jack for seeding.

But all things consider, I’m happy if we get a 3 seed.

I was wondering that if UNC Wilmington possibly winning their conference tournament would bump that loss up to a quad 2 loss? That could help our chances tremendously I would think

Seems like a long shot. SECT games will probably be Texas AM and then Bama, not sure if winning those bumps us up to a 2 seed. We all know the SECT title game doesn’t mean jack for seeding.

But all things consider, I’m happy if we get a 3 seed.
I just wonder if some of the projected 2 seeds lose early in their conference tournament if that would bump us up if we were to go to the championship game

I just wonder if some of the projected 2 seeds lose early in their conference tournament if that would bump us up if we were to go to the championship game
You never know, but it’ll take a lot of luck outside of our own control.

Hell no . 3 reasons . 1- it’s not easy to pass up the teams ahead of us now they don’t lose much . 2- the SEC title game isn’t considered by the committee . 3- looks like we will only get 1 more quad1 win before title game that’s not enough to move up much

I just don't see it. A lot of big upsets would have to happen. And even then, it's clear as day how upset half the sports world is that we won, they ain't putting as as a 2seed even if we do deserve it after this week.

Well 1 seeds are shaping up to be

Houston
Uconn
Purdue
Tennessee/Arizona/Iowa St fight for last 1 seed

Then 2 seeds are
A spot of Tennessee/Arizona/Iowa St who does not get 1 seed
A second spot for Tennessee/Arizona/Iowa St who does not get 1 seed
Baylor
UNC

Then 3 seeds are
Marquette
Duke
Kansas
UK/Creighton/Illinois....maybe Bama

As long as UK beats Bama.....they knock them out.

Can UK jump past Marquette (who I'd argue is higher 3 seed), can UK leapfrog UNC (we need them to lose early in ACC adn we have head to head over them)....can UK leapfrog a BIg 12 team (ideally we need Kansas with Dickinson hurt to lose early....maybe even Baylor.

The other thing that sucks is if we get to Sunday's game and beat Tennessee...it won't really help us.

So I think it's highly doubtful to get a 2 seed...but I fully expect a 3 seed given UK wins Friday and Saturday games.

Well 1 seeds are shaping up to be

Houston
Uconn
Purdue
Tennessee/Arizona/Iowa St fight for last 1 seed

Then 2 seeds are
A spot of Tennessee/Arizona/Iowa St who does not get 1 seed
A second spot for Tennessee/Arizona/Iowa St who does not get 1 seed
Baylor
UNC

Then 3 seeds are
Marquette
Duke
Kansas
UK/Creighton/Illinois....maybe Bama

As long as UK beats Bama.....they knock them out.

Can UK jump past Marquette (who I'd argue is higher 3 seed), can UK leapfrog UNC (we need them to lose early in ACC adn we have head to head over them)....can UK leapfrog a BIg 12 team (ideally we need Kansas with Dickinson hurt to lose early....maybe even Baylor.

The other thing that sucks is if we get to Sunday's game and beat Tennessee...it won't really help us.

So I think it's highly doubtful to get a 2 seed...but I fully expect a 3 seed given UK wins Friday and Saturday games.
Not sure why everyone is picking Bama, I think Florida gets them. Florida had them in Tuscaloosa and went to OT and lost. I want the Gators.

Reactions: K_TIME
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT