ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too much to ask for our team to shoot 45% overall and 33% from 3 for 6 games?

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
With the way we struggle defensively, those are the numbers we need to win. I haven’t looked it up, but I would say we win at a very high percentage with those numbers.

Looks like when our effective FG% is 47.8% or better we are 19-4
Below that number = 2-7

When our effective FG% is above 53.9% we are undefeated at 13-0
So you're saying if we shoot well we win? John Madden reincarnate. Lol just kidding, it's obvious if you watched the games but interesting to see the exact numbers.

Our shooting numbers seem to tank when we get behind in "should win" games. I hope we can get a bit of an early cushion on Providence and avoid that trend.

Looks like when our effective FG% is 47.8% or better we are 19-4
Below that number = 2-7

When our effective FG% is above 53.9% we are undefeated at 13-0
Thanks for looking those numbers up. I knew we were at a point where we must shoot the ball at a decent clip to win.

How about clutch shots at clutch times and not getting behind at halftime? We are 3-10 when trailing at the half.

When someone says the most insignificant number is the score at the half, I have proof it does matter.

Reactions: catben
We only have one streaky 3 point shooter. You can't count on Frederick, Wallace and toppin to help out on any consistent level.

If reeves is hitting we can win some games. First game he goes super cold we are toast IMO. We also seem to miss more FTs and layups when reeves is cold, not to mention the awful D.

This team loses in a combo of ways.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT