ADVERTISEMENT

Inexcusable play calling

I agree. To line up there and go for it without creativity just seemed desperate. Not aggressive. We didn't need it. Not there. Duffy could've flipped the field.

Stoops admitted it was a bad call too.

Also with the additional revelation that he does make some of the offensive calls, Seems pretty clear stoops is the one holding onto the wildcat. Which needs to be retired unless it's crod (who may or may not be good in it).

As for crod all I can guess is his fumble issues must've returned during bye practice? He got some snaps but was basically a blocker.

CROD can play, just seems to be in the dog house, or staff just doesn't get it. In his limited stint, he was open for a TD on one pass.............Bowden can and should improve off this effort with his passing, afterall, he's been playing WR for years now, lol. He can absolutely be a college QB....he's a better passer than TW right now! Period!! NOT kidding. You think not?? If you are a D coordinator, who do you want at QB??? LMAO! That's right, it is NOT Lynn BOWDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........I wasn't high on him at QB at first, but he makes us our MOST DYNAMIC = not even close with anyone else. He should stay at QB from here on out. Think Randle El. He's better than Randle was..........I just hope that GranShaw can be a little more dynamic in the play calling, use a bit more pass, more evenly spread throughout the game. Just short stuff makes the D "think", and thus, the run game ramps up quite a bit. We saw it last night after a few passes.....that's how it works!!!!

This may sound crazy, but why doesn't Stoops just go all in on the triple option? I think he'd be happier with it. Just be honest with what he wants and be out there with it.

Said this llllllllllooooonggggg ago. '77 Cats ran the veer. We've got the RB's and Bowden at QB to be highly effective........GranShaw is the limiting factor here. Bowden running that show would be explosive.

Reactions: Bill Withers
Said this llllllllllooooonggggg ago. '77 Cats ran the veer. We've got the RB's and Bowden at QB to be highly effective........GranShaw is the limiting factor here. Bowden running that show would be explosive.
I honestly think that would work for Stoops. We saw a flash of it last night. If he would commit to it, recruit for it, I think it could work

Well, that's kinda what team message boards are for. Don't know what to tell you. Maybe don't open threads with titles like this one?
Thanks for stating the obvious. Meanwhile, Kentucky won the game with a wide receiver at QB with "inexcusable playcalling".

Not sure why you're quoting me with this basura.

This may sound crazy, but why doesn't Stoops just go all in on the triple option? I think he'd be happier with it. Just be honest with what he wants and be out there with it. Recruit for it, and embrace it.
I thi k that's the problem, Bill....recruiting those quick agile linemen....and you would need ten of em. Then the discipline to execute.

I agree. To line up there and go for it without creativity just seemed desperate. Not aggressive. We didn't need it. Not there. Duffy could've flipped the field.

Stoops admitted it was a bad call too.

Also with the additional revelation that he does make some of the offensive calls, Seems pretty clear stoops is the one holding onto the wildcat. Which needs to be retired unless it's crod (who may or may not be good in it).

As for crod all I can guess is his fumble issues must've returned during bye practice? He got some snaps but was basically a blocker.
He will be the next to transfer.

You have to have more than 2 QB's ready to play on any given day. USC is playing a 3rd string vs ND. He has been pretty good. NW is playing a 3rd string QB. It is inexcusable not having a 3rd string QB and playing our best playmaker at QB.
SC beat somebody yesterday playing with a 3rd string QB who was brought back from WR. BTW, where's Grumpy today?

SC beat somebody yesterday playing with a 3rd string QB who was brought back from WR. BTW, where's Grumpy today?

Grumpy probably came to the mind numbing realization that JawJaw is OVER-RATED. NOT top 4, NOT going to be in the Playoff. Really bad loss at home.........Our guys need to focus on being physical this week. We showed flashes of getting back there this game. Pressure Fromm!!!!

Reactions: BlueTick2
If you can’t gain a foot, you don’t deserve to win. I love the call. The execution sucked.
You love the idea of snapping it 4 yards back and handing it to a guy standing still, giving two seconds for the defense to get penetration before the back can started with the defense expecting it?

What’s to like about that. Don’t go by me, look at the film of how many times before that hasn’t worked in less than 2 yard situations.

Grumpy probably came to the mind numbing realization that JawJaw is OVER-RATED. NOT top 4, NOT going to be in the Playoff. Really bad loss at home.........Our guys need to focus on being physical this week. We showed flashes of getting back there this game. Pressure Fromm!!!!

Technically not out of the playoff, but they would have to win out, IMO. I love that the underdog got the win. As to UGA, it was such a bad looking loss that other one-loss playoff contenders probably get the nod over them in a discussion. Even with UF’s loss to LSU, UF has to now be in the driver’s seat for the SECE.

You love the idea of snapping it 4 yards back and handing it to a guy standing still, giving two seconds for the defense to get penetration before the back can started with the defense expecting it?

What’s to like about that. Don’t go by me, look at the film of how many times before that hasn’t worked in less than 2 yard situations.
What part of poor execution didn’t you understand? I said I liked the idea of going for it.

This post looks pretty bad now.
How many years you have coaching in the SEC Herro?

So you need to be an SEC coach now to understand that you punt the ball there, at that position on the field early into the game? His comment looks as reasonable today as it did last night. Squeeking out a win, doesn't negate the stupidity of that call.

So you need to be an SEC coach now to understand that you punt the ball there, at that position on the field early into the game? His comment looks as reasonable today as it did last night. Squeeking out a win, doesn't negate the stupidity of that call.
Own em Bigfoot!

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
You have to have more than 2 QB's ready to play on any given day. USC is playing a 3rd string vs ND. He has been pretty good. NW is playing a 3rd string QB. It is inexcusable not having a 3rd string QB and playing our best playmaker at QB.

I wonder how good their 4th string QBs are?

I was pleased with the offense overall. But I've always had the belief that if it's third and 1 or fourth and 1, you put your quarterback under Center either run a quarterback Sneak or a power play.
Here's why, in the shotgun when the quarterback gets the ball it is now 3rd and 5 or fourth and 5.
If you hand off to the running back in the backfield, it becomes 3rd and 5 or 4th and 5.
Both of those situations the defense has longer to penetrate the line.

I wonder how good their 4th string QBs are?
They kicked a fg in the second overtime. Didn’t score a single point on another drive once hilslinki went out early in third. Also scored 20 total. Three in second OT with ball at 25, and seven the defense scored with a pick six...

The qb they brought in didn’t have any success Joyner was 6-12 for 39 yards and ran for 28 more. They didn’t have 300 yards total. Got lucky Fromm through not one but three INT.

as we talked after Florida game. We outplayed them, but lost turnover battle. Same happened to UGa. Hard to overcome a four turnover deficit. And one being a direct score.

Reactions: BlueTick2
You are certainly earning Trollphy points.
Buddy I couldn’t care less about what someone on a forum thinks of me. But if you really want to know I live 20 minutes outside of Lexington. Been here since 2012. Was raised a cats fan by some passionate fans from southern ky who would record games just to go back and analyze them. This was a weekly occurrence until the day they died. I’m 34 years old and have a career. Can you say all of the same?

Why is it every time someone says something that goes against the grain, the coaching staff, the players, or someone’s own personal feel goods; they are labeled a troll? That is not even me being facetious. I am legitimately asking why?

Reactions: Nelson4211
Why is it every time someone says something that goes against the grain, the coaching staff, the players, or someone’s own personal feel goods; they are labeled a troll? That is not even me being facetious. I am legitimately asking why?

You should see what basketball fans do when it comes to Cal. Even moderators....

Reactions: STL_Cat
Have anymore toxicity to leak on this message board?
I didn't leak any toxicity. I did, however, call you out for not knowing how message boards work. That's not being toxic. Listen, people are going to go on message boards and post how they think things should go. That's how it is. You don't like "armchair offensive coordinators", don't read message boards. Because that's what you'll find. It just is. Especially when Gran is calling 4 and 1 plays that utilize the shotgun handoff to a guy standing still. Stop being silly about this. I swear you must be a Spamburger alternate username.

I didn't leak any toxicity. I did, however, call you out for not knowing how message boards work. That's not being toxic. Listen, people are going to go on message boards and post how they think things should go. That's how it is. You don't like "armchair offensive coordinators", don't read message boards. Because that's what you'll find. It just is. Especially when Gran is calling 4 and 1 plays that utilize the shotgun handoff to a guy standing still. Stop being silly about this. I swear you must be a Spamburger alternate username.
You are literally fuming mad over a joke telling someone to leave a message board. Get a grip and stop quoting me already

Oh and ignore the absolute poor blocking on that 4th and 1 in which the right tackle didnt even block anyone

Execution matters whether you want to believe it or not clown

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT