ADVERTISEMENT

Inexcusable play calling

You have to have more than 2 QB's ready to play on any given day. USC is playing a 3rd string vs ND. He has been pretty good. NW is playing a 3rd string QB. It is inexcusable not having a 3rd string QB and playing our best playmaker at QB.

You have to have more than 2 QB's ready to play on any given day. USC is playing a 3rd string vs ND. He has been pretty good. NW is playing a 3rd string QB. It is inexcusable not having a 3rd string QB and playing our best playmaker at QB.
Careful. I said the same thing and got absolutely blasted and called a troll.

So is USCjr and this is qb3. We didn’t win with our back up wither

It's number 4.
Terry Wilson
Sawyer Smith
Amani Gilmore
Lynn Bowden

Scalzo came in hurt and Wood has more shoulder surgeries than snaps taken. Bowden is the best option we have at quarterback and he'd never been in the quarterbacks room until last week.

What do you want them to do?

Damn I thought there were like 6 QB's on roster and a Kentucky kid walk on that was a really good. I just don't understand how you don't have a QB prepared when I am seeing other teams playing 3rd stringers that are holding there own. NW is playing one that looks pretty good and USC playing one that looks pretty good. I know they are not playing WR's at QB.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
It's number 4.
Terry Wilson
Sawyer Smith
Amani Gilmore
Lynn Bowden

Scalzo came in hurt and Wood has more shoulder surgeries than snaps taken. Bowden is the best option we have at quarterback and he'd never been in the quarterbacks room until last week.

How many games has Gilmore been suited up for? He’s no string

Damn I thought there were like 6 QB's on roster and a Kentucky kid walk on that was a really good. I just don't understand how you don't have a QB prepared when I am seeing other teams playing 3rd stringers that are holding there own. NW is playing one that looks pretty good and USC playing one that looks pretty good. I know they are not playing WR's at QB.

5 plus Bowden.
4 are hurt and Walker Wood is about as useful passing as Bowden and far less dangerous running. What would you have them do?

I don’t even think Gilmore was recruited as a QB but rather an athlete

It's number 4.
Terry Wilson
Sawyer Smith
Amani Gilmore
Lynn Bowden

Not including Hoak and Clark!!

Reactions: Ky grandpa
What I don’t understand is all year long, you put Bowden in the wildcat. The whole stadium knows what’s coming. Now that Bowden is QB and back there every play, they put Rose in there to run the Wildcat. Loss of 1

Reactions: Pickle_Rick
What pisses me off is Gilmore was a really good qb in high school. Won the state title in Louisiana which is loaded with talent. I don’t believe the talk that he’s some scrub. He’d be better than having someone at qb who won’t throw.

What pisses me off is Gilmore was a really good qb in high school. Won the state title in Louisiana which is loaded with talent. I don’t believe the talk that he’s some scrub. He’d be better than having someone at qb who won’t throw.
Doesn’t matter who the QB is with this play calling. We could have Tom Brady back there and we would still run every time

You're thinking of Scalzo

Correct.
Got Gilmore and Scalzo mixed up.
Either way, offense is looking better. Likely would've got some points on the penultimate drive had Jackson not doubled clutched the snap. We were moving the ball well before that.

That 3rd down play call by Eddie gran defines him at Kentucky. Very predictable no creativity

That 3rd down play call by Eddie gran defines him at Kentucky. Very predictable no creativity
I thought he called a heck of a game. 400 plus yards of offense without a qb?

creative run game today with being handcuffed with kinitablitt based on circumstances.

Staff did well tonight. Only call I wasn’t a huge fan was fourth and one early, but not gonna get to upset at them thinking they needed some points and taking that chance of getting a yard.

Gran called a perfect play on the wheel route Lynn just didn't throw a good pass. Lynn played great and threw almost every pass great. Just missed on this one.

Reactions: dyersburgcatfan
It's number 4.
Terry Wilson
Sawyer Smith
Amani Gilmore
Lynn Bowden

No. Scalzo did not come in hurt. He was healed and was hurt in preseason practice.

I had to go down to concession and watch the rest of the game after that 4th and 1.

I agree.
But where the **** did that come from? Thread is about going on 4th down.

Only Gran can have a wr at QB get 400 yards of total offense and a win and STILL have some people complaining.

Unbelievable

Btw stoops said on the radio the 4th down call was his

That makes absolute sense. He's a defensive minded guy...........Don't mind the call, IF you have a solid play to achieve it. We can't seem to put out BULL in on the short yardage stuff, so if it is me and I can't use my best resource, I would elect to PUNT in this situation. IF I can set up a play for CROD, or fake to CROD and hit my TE on a short route, that's what I do...........Suffice it to say, we're not very good on scheming for a 4th down effort. You can't really say we are innovative, lmao.

That makes absolute sense. He's a defensive minded guy...........Don't mind the call, IF you have a solid play to achieve it. We can't seem to put out BULL in on the short yardage stuff, so if it is me and I can't use my best resource, I would elect to PUNT in this situation. IF I can set up a play for CROD, or fake to CROD and hit my TE on a short route, that's what I do...........Suffice it to say, we're not very good on scheming for a 4th down effort. You can't really say we are innovative, lmao.

I agree. To line up there and go for it without creativity just seemed desperate. Not aggressive. We didn't need it. Not there. Duffy could've flipped the field.

Stoops admitted it was a bad call too.

Also with the additional revelation that he does make some of the offensive calls, Seems pretty clear stoops is the one holding onto the wildcat. Which needs to be retired unless it's crod (who may or may not be good in it).

As for crod all I can guess is his fumble issues must've returned during bye practice? He got some snaps but was basically a blocker.

This may sound crazy, but why doesn't Stoops just go all in on the triple option? I think he'd be happier with it. Just be honest with what he wants and be out there with it. Recruit for it, and embrace it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT