ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana State

31-6 and finished an impressive 28th in the NET.

They were absolutely screwed by the Committee. It was a farce that they were left out of the tournament just so that more mediocre power conference schools could get in. That’s a team that might’ve been capable of making a Cinderella run if they hadn’t been so screwed.

I’m glad they’re proving that point with their NIT performance.

Went to the game tonight. 98% ISU crowd as the game was in Indianapolis. Fun team to watch. Lots of back door passes from Larry Nerd.

But the game reminded me why I don’t like going to games. Three guys sitting behind me talking about how Avila (Larry Nerd) was a potential lottery pick. And honestly the next question that came from one of them just floored me. One asked his friend if Larry Bird was as good as Avila when Bird was at ISU. Even my wife looked at me like WTF.

Shchertz got his start at D2 Lincoln.

Ben McCollum that just took the Drake job beat Schertz in the D2 final four back in 2017 on his way to his first of 4 D2 titles. McCollum was coaching at D2 NW Missouri State. they played at cameron indoor back in 2020 and only lost by 6 and that was a Duke team that finished 25-6 and was ranked in the top 10 most of the season.

McCollum was possibly a missed front end of a 1 and 1 away from winning another this year. They lost to the eventual champs on a buzzer beater in a true road game after missing the front end of a 1 and 1 with 5 seconds left. Other team grabbed the rebound, got the ball down the floor and hit a middy at the buzzer.

Ben McCollum is one to watch. Similar offensive sets and philosophies as Dan Hurley. Heavy on analytics like Oats.

I watched and it only made me angry again. Did you seen the screens they used to free up for 3-point shots? How about Avila who won't be mistaken for some prime athlete just happening to be a great basketball player instead? Why Cal reverted to pound the paint against Oakland was criminal when we had the best 3 point shooters when they played an aggressive offense. Oh why repeat the obvious UK78?????

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Definitely a fun team to watch. No egos, just vision to see who is open. Solid passing, movement without the ball, and overall high BBIQ. Avila just fools everyone and does the unexpected. Oh, watch their hands on defense. Classic Bobby Knight hands up in front of the offense.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I like that the two teams nearly everyone agreed were the two most screwed over by the Committee …ISU and Seton Hall …both cruised to the NIT championship game.

Instead of whining about being shafted, they proved their point with performance.

I watched and it only made me angry again. Did you seen the screens they used to free up for 3-point shots? How about Avila who won't be mistaken for some prime athlete just happening to be a great basketball player instead? Why Cal reverted to pound the paint against Oakland was criminal when we had the best 3 point shooters when they played an aggressive offense. Oh why repeat the obvious UK78?????
He did the same shit in 2015, pounded the ball into the paint. Cost us a title. We were much better with a free flowing offense. Cal is a fvcking moron of a coach.

Went to the game tonight. 98% ISU crowd as the game was in Indianapolis. Fun team to watch. Lots of back door passes from Larry Nerd.

But the game reminded me why I don’t like going to games. Three guys sitting behind me talking about how Avila (Larry Nerd) was a potential lottery pick. And honestly the next question that came from one of them just floored me. One asked his friend if Larry Bird was as good as Avila when Bird was at ISU. Even my wife looked at me like WTF.
Kinda sounds like this board

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
Im still trying the figure out WTF the "dribble drive" even is? I guess I'm a Bennie and dont know anything about basketball. When are we in it, when are we not in it? I guess it takes a genius like Cal to teach it, because he is the only one smart enough to recognize it.

I like that the two teams nearly everyone agreed were the two most screwed over by the Committee …ISU and Seton Hall …both cruised to the NIT championship game.

Instead of whining about being shafted, they proved their point with performance.
I honestly think that ISU could have won a game or two in the NCAAT with the right draw. But honestly this NIT has played out perfectly for them and their crowd.

They got to play on their home floor I think 3 games and semi and finals at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Plus the media gets to keep talking about them.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Floppy action!
Elephant GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
It was clever marketing re-branding that once conned a whole lot of people into believing that what was essentially just the simple basic AAU offense was something innovative and new.
So the con man conned us again? LOL

---
Probably UK fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT