ADVERTISEMENT

Max Green Oldham County

I mentioned him in another thread. He is very skilled and was off the radar because he has grown late. He would have been the perfect player to let develop a year or so while his body catches up with the height.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
previous UK coach had no desire to recruit and sign Kentucky Hs players. he preferred pretending to be an inner city savior for those in need.

Just a LOSER as a coach.

rr
Serious and curious question, why do you run around and either tag my post with a "wow" or "sad' emoji ? In the last 2 days there has been 10 or so post of mine you simply posted an emoji in it. IF you have a difference of opinion or problem with what I am posting, maybe post why instead of taking the chicken shit way out and posting emojis. I will come directly to you on your post, no hiding. With that said, way to give input on the topic being discussed by bringing Cal into it. Maybe that is why you do not come directly to me and hide behind emojis, you are just an terrible poster and lack the ability to discuss intelligently with words. Based on this post, I can see that as being the reason. Either state your issue, or do not reply to my post.

Last edited:
To be fair, Rondo, Joe Crawford, and Ramel Bradley were recruited instead of Lofton. All those guys were ranked much higher, two being burger boys. The three previous Mr. Basketballs were Josh Carrier, Brandon Stockton, and Ross Neltner. That's not exactly a great track record for Mr. Basketballs. Tubby probably didn't want to get burned again.
It wasn't Lofton.
I think it was a player from Elizabeth town

How many of the in-state kids that Cal didn't recruit ended up making a significant impact at a power 5 program? I'll wait...
Cal did not recruit these but Jeff Mullins Phil cox Kenny Higgs Dave Cowans come to mind

Reactions: sefleming
Does anybody read the post anymore- how the hell do we go from saying how did the likes of NKU OR WKU missing out on a 6’6” scorer who was obviously the best player on the floor last night in a All Star game peppered with top D1 talent morph in to DeAaron Fox or Dwight Blur Anderson conversation
Nobody mentioned Pope missed him or Calapari- I’m just saying Holy Cross is suprising for state leading scorer with that size & ability

Same thing, lol. Hell throw Allen Houston in for good measure. Travis Ford and Darrell Griffith also if we are going that far back. I think the debate was during Cal's time at UK.
William “The Bird” Averitt 😎 Way before Cal, of course.

Last edited:
Charles Bassey--Western Ky
Ky Ky Tandy
Taveion Hollingsworth

I believe these 3 proved good enough to play for UK.

rr

Mike Silliman--St Xavier
Harold Sergent--Ashland
Tom Thacker--Cov Grant
Clem Haskins--Taylor Co
Jim McDaniels--Allen Co
Keith Thomas

Travis Ford
Derek Anderson
Chris Lofton

rr

To be fair, Rondo, Joe Crawford, and Ramel Bradley were recruited instead of Lofton. All those guys were ranked much higher, two being burger boys. The three previous Mr. Basketballs were Josh Carrier, Brandon Stockton, and Ross Neltner. That's not exactly a great track record for Mr. Basketballs. Tubby probably didn't want to get burned again.
Tubby didn’t recruit Lofton imo because Lofton’s team beat Tubby’s youngest’s team in the state championship game.

Kids play different when they put on that Uk jersey. Some make it and some fold. Some live their dream and for some that dream becomes a nightmare. The reason Cal didnt recruit Ky kids was simple. He didnt want the responsibility of have to play them bacause the Ky fans want them to play.

Travis Perry is not in De'Aron Fox's League. If Travis is an All-SEC performer when he is a senior, we are very fortunate. Brady Shoulders probably has more D1 potential than Travis Perry.
Brady Shoulders? This is a joke right.

? He was never offered by UK. Cal hated in state kids.
He didn't hate Kentucky kids. Kentucky kids are mostly not elite. Cal can't win unless he has ELITE ELITE players. A kid ranked 175th from Hazard isn't going to be the "x-factor" on a team where there are no adjustments made. If you think the lack of Kentucky kids contributed to the losses during the Cal era, then God bless you.

Would you be huffing and puffing if Josh Carrier, Brandon Stockton, or Jared Carter were never recruited by UK?

Last edited:
Seen the kid play a lot. He is highly skilled but there are reasons he was lacking in offers.

Perry will end up being pretty good IMO. He’s got a good handle, is fundamentally solid and shoots the hell out of the ball. If Patrick Sparks can play as well as he did here so can Travis. Kid can ball.
I hope you are correct, but I have a hard time seeing it. I have a feeling if he plays a lot of minutes at Kentucky, it will be a rough time for Pope.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I hope you are correct, but I have a hard time seeing it. I have a feeling if he plays a lot of minutes at Kentucky, it will be a rough time for Pope.
The thing is he won’t be playing much this year, if he cracks this rotation then he’s really good. He just needs to play hard and improve for the time he will get his chance.

Does anybody read the post anymore- how the hell do we go from saying how did the likes of NKU OR WKU missing out on a 6’6” scorer who was obviously the best player on the floor last night in a All Star game peppered with top D1 talent morph in to DeAaron Fox or Dwight Blur Anderson conversation
Nobody mentioned Pope missed him or Calapari- I’m just saying Holy Cross is suprising for state leading scorer with that size & ability
And if he goes to Holy Cross and proves to be a great player, then UK can always offer him a better NIL gig than Holy Cross will ever be able to and we get him through the portal.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We can’t be taking every guy who can shoot from Kentucky.. let some of them transfer here if they prove good enough at the likes of holy cross etc. Perry and Noah were top 105 in the country so they are takes but Max Green wasn’t on the radar until 2 all star games..

I'm still shocked a kid of this skill and measurables went so under the radar. Did he just not do the aau circuit?

I'm still shocked a kid of this skill and measurables went so under the radar. Did he just not do the aau circuit?
I am shocked that Kentucky made no attempt to contact him 6 ft 8 scoring machines don't come around to often no way remotely am I comparing him to Larry bird but coming out of hs alot of schools passed on larry too and ended up at a similar class school Indiana St and the rest is history

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT