ADVERTISEMENT

Max Green Oldham County

He didn't hate Kentucky kids. Kentucky kids are mostly not elite. Cal can't win unless he has ELITE ELITE players. A kid ranked 175th from Hazard isn't going to be the "x-factor" on a team where there are no adjustments made. If you think the lack of Kentucky kids contributed to the losses during the Cal era, then God bless you.

Would you be huffing and puffing if Josh Carrier, Brandon Stockton, or Jared Carter were never recruited by UK?
Cal hated the pressure the Kentucky kids put on him to play them.

I am shocked that Kentucky made no attempt to contact him 6 ft 8 scoring machines don't come around to often no way remotely am I comparing him to Larry bird but coming out of hs alot of schools passed on larry too and ended up at a similar class school Indiana St and the rest is history
To be fair, IU was the school he went to originally.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Cal hated the pressure the Kentucky kids put on him to play them.
Yeah, that's it...

Two quick questions:

1.) How many players did Cal recruit outside of the state, that were also outside of the top 50 in their class?

2.) Also, how many in-state kids that were ranked in the top 50 did Cal not recruit?

🤔

Reactions: gojvc
To be fair, IU was the school he went to originally.
I knew that but left because Bobby would not play him Larry knew he was big time unfortunately the rest did not see it that way including Joe hall

Yeah, that's it...

Two quick questions:

1.) How many players did Cal recruit outside of the state, that were also outside of the top 50 in their class?

2.) Also, how many in-state kids that were ranked in the top 50 did Cal not recruit?

🤔

Rudy Macklin
Rudy macklin was going to louisville but Dale brown convinced him to go to the bayou

Yeah, that's it...

Two quick questions:

🤔
Sounds like your priority depends on who ends up in the green room in June what has that gotten us the last 9 years man I am so glad that era is over with

6'6 2024 PG Max Green + Summer League Highlights (Oldham Co. HS) Holds 3 D1 Offers! / DeadStock Visuals

Sounds like your priority depends on who ends up in the green room in June what has that gotten us the last 9 years man I am so glad that era is over with
I don't disagree with that. However, those guys in the green room were the only reason for his success. Without his draft schtik, he's not getting those elite guys, thus not winning.

Green had another big game last night in the 92-89 loss--25 points to lead the Ky stars.

Max Green, Quel’Ron House and Tyler Perry. Green, a 6-6 guard headed to Holy Cross, burned the All-Stars on Friday for 36 points. He poured in a team-high 25 points on Saturday, including 16 in the second half. House, a 6-foot guard signed with Jacksonville State, scored 18 of his 24 points in the second half. And, Perry, Mr. Basketball and a Kentucky commit scored 12 of his 17 after halftime.

above quote From the indy newspaper article---

rr

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Yeah, that's it...

Two quick questions:

🤔
KEntucky has so many small hs's that most kids have no rankings. And if ranked it will be a 3 Star because of the competition. Pitino recruited in state kids who could play. Cal would never have recruited many of the players in the rafters of Rupp. None of the Unforgetables

KEntucky has so many small hs's that most kids have no rankings. And if ranked it will be a 3 Star because of the competition. Pitino recruited in state kids who could play. Cal would never have recruited many of the players in the rafters of Rupp. None of the Unforgetables
1.) The talent was better during the Pitino years.

2.) Pitino typically recruits players that are less talented, regardless of state in hopes that they will develop and improve over the years. Russ Smith was like a 2* from New York.

3.) You won't respond to this, but DURING THE CAL ERA, HOW MANY IN-STATE GUYS MADE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT AT A POWER 5 THAT UK DIDN’T RECRUIT?

how many tournament games did all those 5 and 4 star recruits from poverty win in the last 5 seasons--secT or ncaaT?

just asking---in those 5 seasons did they ever win 2 tournament games in any season?

Seems like a reasonable comparison.

rr

1.) The talent was better during the Pitino years.

2.) Pitino typically recruits players that are less talented, regardless of state in hopes that they will develop and improve over the years. Russ Smith was like a 2* from New York.

3.) You won't respond to this, but DURING THE CAL ERA, HOW MANY IN-STATE GUYS MADE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT AT A POWER 5 THAT UK DIDN’T RECRUIT?
I dont think the talent was better coming out of hs. The same could be said about many states. Maybe playing for UK just meant more 20-25 years ago. And Kentucky did send players to ohio State and missouri that tranfered to UK. Plus many SEC schools.

how many tournament games did all those 5 and 4 star recruits from poverty win in the last 5 seasons--secT or ncaaT?

just asking---in those 5 seasons did they ever win 2 tournament games in any season?

Seems like a reasonable comparison.

rr
The guy's coaching is not in debate here. It's the conspiracy theory that Cal didn't recruit in-state kids, regardless of talent.

• Haha
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Seen the kid play a lot. He is highly skilled but there are reasons he was lacking in offers.

He went to Oldham County and was a late grower. That’s the reasons. I think he has more upside than Perry or Noah myself. I like all three of them and House has well.

Oldham hid Donta Smith well enough that he was playing for the Atlanta Hawks after two years of being gone. Yet was unknown coming out of HS.

Then you obviously never saw Dwight Anderson when he played for the 'Cats during the 1978-79 season (his only full season at U.K.).
Dwight’s performance in the final seconds of that one game(I think it was Kansas) was crazy. It seemed like he was everywhere. As you pointed out quickest guy I have ever seen in Ky Basketball Uniform. Wall and Fox were fast, but Dwight was both, Quick and Fast.

I dont think the talent was better coming out of hs. The same could be said about many states. Maybe playing for UK just meant more 20-25 years ago. And Kentucky did send players to ohio State and missouri that tranfered to UK. Plus many SEC schools.
There were several in-state players that were drafted and/or all-conference and played in the 90s: Scott Padgett, Derek Anderson, Dan Langhi, Patrick Sparks, and I'm sure a few others. In the 2010s, outside of Ray Spalding, I don't think there were any players drafted or even all-conference that played all four years of high school basketball in Kentucky. That kind of puts the talent level into perspective for that time period.

Apparently Green would be ideal in a Pope offense. If no Riley could take that 13th scholly if not too late? A similar type player as McNeely because of size, shooting ability, handle ability and basketball IQ.

Green had another big game last night in the 92-89 loss--25 points to lead the Ky stars.

Max Green, Quel’Ron House and Tyler Perry. Green, a 6-6 guard headed to Holy Cross, burned the All-Stars on Friday for 36 points. He poured in a team-high 25 points on Saturday, including 16 in the second half. House, a 6-foot guard signed with Jacksonville State, scored 18 of his 24 points in the second half. And, Perry, Mr. Basketball and a Kentucky commit scored 12 of his 17 after halftime.

above quote From the indy newspaper article---

rr
Green is for real that ship has sailed UK huge mistake

I watch a few of his highlights. He has some skill. I really liked the fact that he was the playmaker for their team. He handles the ball well, keeps his head up and doesn’t just force a shot. He got his teammates some good looks because he pulled the D to him and then passed to a man who had a better shot. Seems to have good vision. Also, he has a great stoke and seems to shoot well with a hand in his face.

Some things that probably limited his college opportunities though were strength, athletic ability and length. While he is not a slow walker, he doesn’t appear to jump extremely well, isn’t quick(does make quick decisions though), and seems to have average length for his height.

If he did grow 2-3 inches late(one of the later vids the news broadcaster said 6’7”), he probably has a good chance of transferring up down the road.

He seems to be a player who could be successful in a program that emphasizes movement, good decision making and shooting on the offensive end and maybe a zone, some man-to-man. He could probably have situational success at Ky under Pope.

Having watched videos of Chandler and Noah, both appear to be above Green. Noah is stronger and won at a higher level. Chandler appears to be a better athlete than either and had success against higher competition in the shoe circuit.

Yeah, that's it...

Two quick questions:

🤔
Go to Arkansas board please. No need for you to post here anymore.

There is a reason he ended up at Holy Cross. What was the report on him BEFORE this game ? I never read a comment from ANY poster on here about his star status.
Truth bomb! But it’s par for the course for the segment here who invest most waking hours posting about mock NBA draft rankings. 🤣

His tape is impressive. Good shooter/passer, maybe a little like Reed Sheppard in that he has an all around game. Looks like he can develop physically going forward. This is the kind of under the radar guy that the football Cats have had some success with....projecting what a guy will be like physically in 1-2 years vs. just passing judgement on what he is now.

Reactions: kyboy1998
Let's try again.

The point is not that Perry will play like Fox. The point is that you can't gauge much on a one game performance.
So, you are saying you have only watched him once?

I have watched him multiple times. So, let's try again.

Travis Perry is not in De'Aron Fox's League. If Travis is an All-SEC performer when he is a senior, we are very fortunate. Brady Shoulders probably has more D1 potential than Travis Perry.

Exactly, Saul. And not to mention that Fox is now an NBA All-Star with a career average of over 21 ppg in The League.
I think folks who downplay Travis Perry will be proven to be mistaken, in time.
Just MHO, of course.
Go 'Cats ! ! !
I agree. I've said before, I think people are going to be surprised about Perry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT