ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas vs. St. John's - Who You Rooting For?

If Arkansas and St. John's Play in 2024-25, who are you rooting for?

• Arkansas

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • St. John's

Votes: 149 95.5%

• Total voters
I grew up in Louisville. They hate UK with such passion you can't help but hate them back. Never feel sorry for them. Ever.

Moved away for a couple of years, the hate stopped. Like I actually pulled for them in games against UNC. Moved back, the hate was reborn.

Moved to Florida in 2016. Again, Louisville seems like an afterthought. But I'll never fall for the "maybe their fans have changed" notion again.

I will pull for UofL in 4 situations only

1. They're playing KU
2. They're playing UT
3. They're playing UNC
4. They're playing Duke.

How you can hate Cal and be willing to give Pitino a second, third, fourth chance is beyond me.

Pitino, while clearly an amazing coach, is a vile human. The things he has done that we know about are probably just the tip of the iceberg. He brought bookers into dorms for underage recruits. He banged some skank on a table in a nasty restaurant. I know, it only lasted 3 seconds, but it still counts. He then did his part in ending the pregnancy.

While Cal didn’t always put the players on the floor we wanted, or prepare as much as we think he should have, or put more emphasis on winning, or whatever, neither he or his players ever put us in a position anywhere close to what Pitino has done. Cal has done a ton for the people of KY. I think the worst we had was the Willis DUI thing, and that was nothing. In 15 years, that was it. I respected the way Cal and his players acted outside of the arena.

Bash me all you want, but I can never look up to Pitino. He is disgusting.
Luke 18:11

I grew up in Louisville. They hate UK with such passion you can't help but hate them back. Never feel sorry for them. Ever.

Moved away for a couple of years, the hate stopped. Like I actually pulled for them in games against UNC. Moved back, the hate was reborn.

Moved to Florida in 2016. Again, Louisville seems like an afterthought. But I'll never fall for the "maybe their fans have changed" notion again.
I get it. Until I went to college I had not ever met 1 UL fan (a middle school teacher). But at WKU there were lots of students from Louisville, many of whom were UL fans. And they were the worst. But other than those 4 years I’ve never been around many (<5 over past 33 years).

Are they a rival? Sure.
Just not our main/primary rival. That goes to other national powers like UNC and Duke.

How you can hate Cal and be willing to give Pitino a second, third, fourth chance is beyond me.

Pitino, while clearly an amazing coach, is a vile human. The things he has done that we know about are probably just the tip of the iceberg. He brought bookers into dorms for underage recruits. He banged some skank on a table in a nasty restaurant. I know, it only lasted 3 seconds, but it still counts. He then did his part in ending the pregnancy.

While Cal didn’t always put the players on the floor we wanted, or prepare as much as we think he should have, or put more emphasis on winning, or whatever, neither he or his players ever put us in a position anywhere close to what Pitino has done. Cal has done a ton for the people of KY. I think the worst we had was the Willis DUI thing, and that was nothing. In 15 years, that was it. I respected the way Cal and his players acted outside of the arena.

Bash me all you want, but I can never look up to Pitino. He is disgusting.
Cal trashed the fans and even his players, and knelt in disrespect during the national anthem. He lied to the fanbase about Sharpe and used the university like a pimp to add another "top ten draft pick" notch to his belt. Then he dragged all our players to Arkansas, leaving the cupboard bare. Total dick move.

Reactions: susan2361
Is this a question? St. John’s. Who in the world would root for Arkansas and John Calipari in any game? I’d pull for the Nazis first. Pitino is going to retire and be brought back in some capacity too, a lot like Larry Brown when he ended his career. Can’t wait, we need to cement his legacy here and have him remembered for UK. It’s really good for our history and this program.

I really hope Calipari isn’t brought back in any way until 80+ and even then unless he can change his twisted mind and narcissism I don’t even want it then.

I will never root for that guy and never really wanted to. Hated him at Umass growing up, hated him at Memphis with passion, hated him at UK and held my nose. At Arkansas? I’d throw him to a pack of wolves and walk away.

This Is Interesting Russell Westbrook GIF by NBA

Is this a question? St. John’s. Who in the world would root for Arkansas and John Calipari in any game? I’d pull for the Nazis first. Pitino is going to retire and be brought back in some capacity too, a lot like Larry Brown when he ended his career. Can’t wait, we need to cement his legacy here and have him remembered for UK. It’s really good for our history and this program.

I really hope Calipari isn’t brought back in any way until 80+ and even then unless he can change his twisted mind and narcissism I don’t even want it then.

I will never root for that guy and never really wanted to. Hated him at Umass growing up, hated him at Memphis with passion, hated him at UK and held my nose. At Arkansas? I’d throw him to a pack of wolves and walk away.
Lord how mercy, Pitino was 10X worse than Val. He went to Louisville, he flipped off the fans at UK, he ran a brothel at Louisville. Cal lost games he shouldn't have. Pitino is more a Mark Pope fan than a UK fan We don't need him here

St Johns.

The real brain twister would be if Pitino was still a UofL who would you root for?
THAT is the fun one.
I chose St John’s and I’d cheer them no matter who the coaches were
Has little to do with Pitino or Calipari

I get it. Until I went to college I had not ever met 1 UL fan (a middle school teacher). But at WKU there were lots of students from Louisville, many of whom were UL fans. And they were the worst. But other than those 4 years I’ve never been around many (<5 over past 33 years).

Are they a rival? Sure.
Just not our main/primary rival. That goes to other national powers like UNC and Duke.
I don’t cheer for UofL per se
But my two younger brothers embraced the Cards. The younger of the two died at age 40 on December 12,2020
I have a UofL sweatshirt that I wear twice a year in his memory. The date of his birth, and the day he died
The UofL fans that I know personally aren’t “the worst” although I’ve met plenty who are over the top
However I hear from them, and fans of other teams that WE are the worst so it’s just perspective
Does that mean I want them to win games? No
Does that mean I giggled like a madwoman when hookergate went down? Absolutely
But still, I don’t have a hatred of them as many do

I don’t cheer for UofL per se
But my two younger brothers embraced the Cards. The younger of the two died at age 40 on December 12,2020
I have a UofL sweatshirt that I wear twice a year in his memory. The date of his birth, and the day he died
The UofL fans that I know personally aren’t “the worst” although I’ve met plenty who are over the top
However I hear from them, and fans of other teams that WE are the worst so it’s just perspective
Does that mean I want them to win games? No
Does that mean I giggled like a madwoman when hookergate went down? Absolutely
But still, I don’t have a hatred of them as many do

I remember the glee they took when the Eddie Sutton scandals were happening.

We were all watching the 84 Georgetown game in a room in Haggin Hall and every time we bricked another shot the lone U of L fan among us kept saying "oh darn" and "aw shucks" and couldn't stop laughing

I remember a story on here about a guy who went to a bar with his wife or his mom to watch the Wisconsin game and afterwards some U of L drunks harassed him all the way to his car.

Also a story on here...in 75 U of L was playing UCLA at the Final Four and the UK and U of L fans had agreed to cheer for each other. When U of L lost, the ones that stuck around for the final all pulled for UCLA.

They're like mosquitoes. Swat em down and they keep coming back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT