ADVERTISEMENT

Amir Abdur-Rahim (South Florida HC) - Thoughts

sosoblue

Senior
Aug 18, 2004
This guy Amir Abdur-Rahim can flat out coach! 43 years old, ASUN and AAC coach of the year, regular season champion in both conferences, 25W-8L this season. I believe Mitch should consider and give him an interview. If you think about all of our previous head coaches they won their first NCAA championship at UK. Why not Amir he is ready for a big time job like UK. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Saw what he did at Kennesaw State locally so you know the guy can coach.
The level he has to jump to is not a test bed.

I’d have Dawn Staley on speed dial if Abdul-Rahim is being considered.

There aren’t 50+ candidates for this job.

This is a bannable worthy post.
Kentucky hired Joe B Hall other than being an assistant what was his track record? Tommy Lloyd at Arizona what was his track record before being hired? I can go on and on my point is maybe he deserves an interview. Amir was an Assistant Coach at Murray State. My reference on saying that is he knows the gravity of UK basketball and living in this state. I'm not saying he should be hired but maybe on the list.

Reactions: NociHTTP
OP has a good point. The results would not likely be any worse than what we've seen for years now at UK. The difference would be that you're getting someone who wants to be at UK, and would be ABOUT UK. We've had NBA draft June Night Greatest Night Ever shoved down our collective throats for a long, long time. Get a guy who's going to coach here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT