ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Trasnfer. Guesses?

If it is for real someone that 98% of us know it narrows it way down considering the immediate impact statement. Has to be someone with immediate eligibility and that elimates most people that are being mentioned.
I think Matt has stuck foot in mouth or something because the odds and the impact can only equal Jalen Hurts or equivalent, seems unrealistic but I guess we’ll see eventually.

I’m with you in a sense. I can’t imagine it’s a quarterback, but when someone says “immediate impact” then most people immediately assume it’s a quarterback. I just can’t imagine that would be good for the team to announce that before a bowl game when you have a guy that is going to just be a junior and is thought to remain the qb in the near future. Taking a qb for one year would strongly signal that he’s playing, because why would any kid come in for a year and NOT play? So you’d have to assume if you’re Terry Wilson that you would be the one being sacrificed and how would that help the team in bowl preparation?!?! I think it would be awful, so I can’t imagine it’s a qb. Could be wrong.

At this point if it isn't Tua then it has been played up too much and will likely be a letdown if/when it is announced.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Has he said the guy will play next year or did that just get mixed in as an assumption?

I dont think I’ve specifically heard that said, but it’s the assumption. If it’s yeast, like I’m kind of just guessing, he would have to sit out. I don’t know that i heard he would play immediately. But if that WAS said, then it wouldn’t be him or peters. But again, I haven’t heard that he’d play immediately so those two would still be on the table as an option. Then again, I don’t think 98% of people know who peters is. Us Kentucky football junkies on here know him for the most part, but not 98% of people.

Matt also said “it’s right in front of you” or something to that effect. If that’s the case, yeast is the only one that makes sense, even though he’s not exactly a star.

Has he said the guy will play next year or did that just get mixed in as an assumption?
I listened to his podcast and have read lots of stuff and I feel like it has to be someone elite at a position of impact. I’m as stumped as the rest of ya but he made it seem like a highly significant impact player.

Surely he’s not hinting of the Casey situation. We all know he’s gonna be a CAT! Stoops is gonna build a bad a$$ defensive unit in the near future.
Hopefully the offense can follow suit. If so..we gone be real good,

Auburn is likely spot for Bryant last I heard. Makes most sense with Gus' offense.

That would be great...keeps him away from teams we play next year in Arkansas and Missouri and means Auburn would have a 1st year starter 2 years from now when they are our rotational cross conference opponent.

Really think we can make a run at the SEC in 2020. think about the players we should have as upper classmen

QB- Wilson Sr
RB- Rose Sr
WR- Bowden SR
WR- Wandale Robinson SO
WR- Ali, Epps, Crumes, Hughes, Richardson, etc
TE- ??
OL- Young SR
OL- Fortner SR
OL- Jackson SR
OL- big FR from Ohio, can't remember JR
OL- Prince SR, Watkins.

NT- Bonanan SR, McCall JR
DT- Looney, SR number of others
DE- Paschal JR, Hawkins, etc

LB- Boogie SR
LB- Square JR
LB- Oats JR
LB- Wright JR, Weaver
DB- Robinson SR
DB- Asian JR
DB- Nesbitt JR
DB-???

P- Duffy SR
K- Poore- SO

13 seniors and 7 juniors. lots of NFL talent

That would be great...keeps him away from teams we play next year in Arkansas and Missouri and means Auburn would have a 1st year starter 2 years from now when they are our rotational cross conference opponent.

Really think we can make a run at the SEC in 2020. think about the players we should have as upper classmen

QB- Wilson Sr
RB- Rose Sr
WR- Bowden SR
WR- Wandale Robinson SO
TE- ??
OL- Young SR
OL- Fortner SR
OL- Jackson SR
OL- Prince SR, Watkins.

LB- Boogie SR
LB- Square JR
LB- Oats JR
LB- Wright JR, Weaver
DB- Robinson SR
DB- Asian JR
DB- Nesbitt JR
DB-Garner RS So

P- Duffy SR
K- Poore- SO

QB- Wilson Sr
RB- Rose Sr
WR- Bowden SR
WR- Wandale Robinson SO
TE- ??
OL- Young SR
OL- Fortner SR
OL- Jackson SR
OL- Prince SR, Watkins.

LB- Boogie SR
LB- Square JR
LB- Oats JR
LB- Wright JR, Weaver
DB- Robinson SR
DB- Asian JR
DB- Nesbitt JR
DB-???

P- Duffy SR
K- Poore- SO

Looking at that I'm curious as to who we are looking at in the secondary. Seems we will be pretty thin there unless we land some guys.

Few Notes:

I've never heard the transfer referred to as instant impact. Only high profile.

First time he mentioned it, was directly after picking game between Clemson and Duke on Free Money. "You taking Duke? Clemson is playing well. Can I tell you a Mast Jones keep your eyes open?"

Mentioned it Wednesday after talking about getting two Louisville recruits before Brohm could possibly lock up the city.

Tajh Rice, Louisville Wagner grad signed with Duke last year.

Probably out there guess. But since Matt says almost no one guessed it, this seems out there enough.

Reactions: bigbluemist

QB- Wilson Sr
RB- Rose Sr
WR- Bowden SR
WR- Wandale Robinson SO
TE- ??
OL- Young SR
OL- Fortner SR
OL- Jackson SR
OL- Prince SR, Watkins.

LB- Boogie SR
LB- Square JR
LB- Oats JR
LB- Wright JR, Weaver
DB- Robinson SR
DB- Asian JR
DB- Nesbitt JR
DB-???

P- Duffy SR
K- Poore- SO

I wouldn’t bet on Bowden being here in 20. I can see him leaving after next year.

Where would Bowden leave for?
Bowden will get a shot at the NFL. He has a kid and just reading the tea leafs I would expect him to be gone if there is a better than even chance he’d be drafted. I hope he sticks around but don’t think he will.

James Hudson originally committed to Michigan. He decided to transfer to Cincinnati. He considered UK back in the recuirting process.. he's a freshman

Reactions: yoshukai
Few Notes:

First time he mentioned it, was directly after picking game between Clemson and Duke on Free Money. "You taking Duke? Clemson is playing well. Can I tell you a Mast Jones keep your eyes open?"

Mentioned it Wednesday after talking about getting two Louisville recruits before Brohm could possibly lock up the city.

Probably out there guess. But since Matt says almost no one guessed it, this seems out there enough.
This has to be it. I had no idea a guy from Louisville signed with Duke last year.

James Hudson originally committed to Michigan. He decided to transfer to Cincinnati. He considered UK back in the recuirting process.. he's a freshman
Dude I need to apologize . For some reason I was thinking of the Butler kid that is a soft commit . Duh

Dude I need to apologize . For some reason I was thinking of the Butler kid that is a soft commit . Duh
No worries.... I'm just curious to see who it is. I'm new on here and didn't even know we could possibly be getting a big time transfer. I visit KSRs site, but don't listen to the show that much

Reactions: yoshukai
Few Notes:

But would 98% know that name ?

QB- Wilson Sr
RB- Rose Sr
WR- Bowden SR
WR- Wandale Robinson SO
TE- ??
OL- Young SR
OL- Fortner SR
OL- Jackson SR
OL- Prince SR, Watkins.

LB- Boogie SR
LB- Square JR
LB- Oats JR
LB- Wright JR, Weaver
DB- Robinson SR
DB- Asian JR
DB- Nesbitt JR
DB-???

P- Duffy SR
K- Poore- SO

Looking at that I'm curious as to who we are looking at in the secondary. Seems we will be pretty thin there unless we land some guys.
Yusof corker is the other DB

Reactions: SwirlyCat19
I believe it could be former four star Ohio State DB Eric Glover-Williams. Currently in JUCO and as many of you know was close to joining the team last year but grades became an issue and is currently attending Slippery Rock, wherever that is. Maybe the reason why MJ doesn't want to announce it yet is because in case if it falls through (again), he doesn't want to lose his credibility or make the kid look bad. I believe he would have one more year of eligibility and will most likely start. It makes perfect sense

Glover-Williams played this year at Slippery Rock which is a DII school in Pennsylvania. Found an article that said he was expected to enroll at UK last year out of JUCO but instead went to Slippery Rock. If he came he would have to be a grad transfer as he doesn't have another year to sit. While you can xfer down without sitting, I don't think you can xfer up without doing so.

I think there have been quite a few assumptions made about things that were never said. I don't claim to have listed to 100% of all KSR shows but I do generally listen to 80% of them and I see a lot of things posted here that I've never heard him say.
He has said a transfer that 98% of fans would know... beyond that everything else is speculation.

Reactions: bigbluemist
Immediate impact makes me think grad transfer. A freshman transfer with no game experience is rarely and immediate impact play in most cases. So a grad transfer or somebody who has played a few seasons and is upset with a new coaching staff or situation. Getting excited

Reactions: JASUN74
If you’re speaking of Crumes, I’d say he is pretty far from a soft commit. He’s been recruiting guys to Kentucky for most of the year. I’ve talked to him and know the butler staff really well considering they either coached me or played with me growing up. He’s pretty solid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT